I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Wheel Users

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wheel Users

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

I'd love to know the opinion of anyone using a force feedback wheel and this game. I'm so temted to buy. Too bad there's no demo.
Hurt MaGurt
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wheel Users

Post by Rebel Whitey on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:16 am

TX FFB feels very strong to me, however I'm not the best judge, having the TX for a short time. I'm running settings at 50%. I was using a TM Spyder prior, and am definitely going through some growing pains. The game itself is awesome. Not for the faint of heart. Takes time away from PCars. It's a great dilemma to have. Buy it!
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:04 am

Its my birthday in 3 weeks and cant wait to get this!!!!!1
DSRL Webbers88
Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Can create a league as well for the site...could be fun

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:05 pm

That's the plan Smile
DSRL Webbers88
Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:39 pm

@Rebel Whitey wrote:TX FFB feels very strong to me, however I'm not the best judge, having the TX for a short time.  I'm running settings at 50%.  I was using a TM Spyder prior,  and am definitely going through some growing pains.  The game itself is awesome.  Not for the faint of heart.  Takes time away from PCars.  It's a great dilemma to have.  Buy it!
Yes the TX can be strong, it can also be as light as you wish too. . .It's all on the base, and ingame . . Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:18 pm

o0Woodman0o wrote:
@Rebel Whitey wrote:TX FFB feels very strong to me, however I'm not the best judge, having the TX for a short time.  I'm running settings at 50%.  I was using a TM Spyder prior,  and am definitely going through some growing pains.  The game itself is awesome.  Not for the faint of heart.  Takes time away from PCars.  It's a great dilemma to have.  Buy it!
Yes the TX can be strong, it can also be as light as you wish too. . .It's all on the base, and ingame . . Very Happy

I wrote this shortly after switching to the TX, from the Spyder, which has no FFB. I'm loving the TX. bounce
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:06 pm

@Rebel Whitey wrote:
o0Woodman0o wrote:

I wrote this shortly after switching to the TX, from the Spyder, which has no FFB.  I'm loving the TX. bounce
Me too ! All I need to do now is learn to drive ! LOL  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by 2pfspiff on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:42 am

The TX is awesome.  Here is the Thrustmaster recommended settings for the TX from their Facebook page.

DiRT RALLY on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One TIPS:
Force Feedback settings Thrustmaster Wheels.
About the Rotation Angle, in OPTIONS / CONTROLS / ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS
To optimize the gameplay, we recommend you to:
Step 1) Access to CALIBRATE DEVICE and calibrate the steering wheel:
# 1080° for T150, T300 & T500 wheels
# 900° for TX Wheels
Step 2) Activate SOFT LOCK option.
Once the process is completed, the wheel Lock will be automatically adjusted to your cars.
Remark: To match the same ratio as the cockpit view go to OPTIONS / PREFENCES / COCKPIT DRIVER & WHEEL then select WHEEL ONLY
About the Force Feedback, go to OPTIONS / CONTROLS / VIBRATION & FEEDBACK
To optimize the general feeling, you can try these settings:
# VIBRATION & FEEDBACK = On
# SELF ALIGNING TORQUE = 125 % for T150 - 95 % for T500 % - 125 % for T300 % - 77 % for TX
• Self Aligning Torque is one of the most important setting
• You can reduce this setting (not too much to keep related effects) for recent cars with small rotation angle or for dirt tracks
• You can increase this setting (not too much to avoid wheel clipping) for old cars with big rotation angle or for ice tracks or snow tracks
# WHEEL FRICTION = 0% for T150 & T500 - 15 % for T300 & TX (keeping low the Wheel Friction setting is important to avoid not natural friction on the wheel)
# TYRE FRICTION = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# SUSPENSION = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# TYRE SLIP = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# ENGINE = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# COLLISION = 125% for T150 – 100% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# SOFT LOCK = 150 % for all wheels
# STEERING CENTER FORCE = 100 % for all wheels
Fell free to share our settings to the racing community Smile

I would like to lower the feel a little bit more to possibly save the life of the TX base.  I think running the FFB high in project cars waffled my 1st TX base.

2pfspiff
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:59 am

@2pfspiff wrote:The TX is awesome.  Here is the Thrustmaster recommended settings for the TX from their Facebook page.

DiRT RALLY on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One TIPS:
Force Feedback settings Thrustmaster Wheels.
About the Rotation Angle, in OPTIONS / CONTROLS / ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS
To optimize the gameplay, we recommend you to:
Step 1) Access to CALIBRATE DEVICE and calibrate the steering wheel:
# 1080° for T150, T300 & T500 wheels
# 900° for TX Wheels
Step 2) Activate SOFT LOCK option.
Once the process is completed, the wheel Lock will be automatically adjusted to your cars.
Remark: To match the same ratio as the cockpit view go to OPTIONS / PREFENCES / COCKPIT DRIVER & WHEEL then select WHEEL ONLY
About the Force Feedback, go to OPTIONS / CONTROLS / VIBRATION & FEEDBACK
To optimize the general feeling, you can try these settings:
# VIBRATION & FEEDBACK = On
# SELF ALIGNING TORQUE = 125 % for T150 - 95 % for T500 % - 125 % for T300 % - 77 % for TX
• Self Aligning Torque is one of the most important setting
• You can reduce this setting (not too much to keep related effects) for recent cars with small rotation angle or for dirt tracks
• You can increase this setting (not too much to avoid wheel clipping) for old cars with big rotation angle or for ice tracks or snow tracks
# WHEEL FRICTION = 0% for T150 & T500 - 15 % for T300 & TX (keeping low the Wheel Friction setting is important to avoid not natural friction on the wheel)
# TYRE FRICTION = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# SUSPENSION = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# TYRE SLIP = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# ENGINE = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# COLLISION = 125% for T150 – 100% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX
# SOFT LOCK = 150 % for all wheels
# STEERING CENTER FORCE = 100 % for all wheels
Fell free to share our settings to the racing community Smile

I would like to lower the feel a little bit more to possibly save the life of the TX base.  I think running the FFB high in project cars waffled my 1st TX base.
Can I just add that you should plug the wheel into your PC/Laptop and make sure you have the latests Firmware, this can be found on the Thrustmaster website,. Then set wheel to 60% on base (Using PC/Laptop) . . .When complete make sure you have 100% Tire Force and 100% Force feedback, this enables the wheel to feel every possible bump, slide, curb, and so on. . .The master Scale and SoP scale should be exactly the same. I'd be happy to run it all by you on Chat. I've been constantly looking to find the best settings and according to those like Darin Gangi & John Sabol from ISR and Jack Spade's FFB Tweeks, this is the way forward. . .All I need to do now is learn how to do the same with the tune up ! Hint hint . .

Back to top Go down

Post by 2pfspiff on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:06 am

Agree with making sure that your wheel has been updated with the latest Firmware.  I don't think any of the PC settings will carry over after making adjustments in the controller properties tab on the PC.  I think those settings only work on the PC not on the XB1 console.  I could be wrong however.

I use Jack spades settings with reduced main FFB around 60% in PCars.

Last edited by 2pfspiff on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

2pfspiff
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:08 am

@2pfspiff wrote:Agree with making sure that your wheel has been updated with the latest Firmware.  I don't think any of the PC settings will carry over after making adjustments in the controller properties tab on the PC.  I think those settings only work on the PC not on the XB1 console.  I could be wrong however.
Yes the setting are stored on the Base of the TX my Friend. . .Same as the firmware for the TH8a Shifter. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:11 am

o0Woodman0o wrote:
@2pfspiff wrote:Agree with making sure that your wheel has been updated with the latest Firmware.  I don't think any of the PC settings will carry over after making adjustments in the controller properties tab on the PC.  I think those settings only work on the PC not on the XB1 console.  I could be wrong however.
Yes the setting are stored on the Base of the TX my Friend. . .Same as the firmware for the TH8a Shifter. . .
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheel-en/

This is the Site you need to visit . .You will see the Xbox One firmware here. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:20 am

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32103-*IMPORTANT-THRUSTMASTER-FIRMWARE-UPDATE-V49

I'm Starting do doubt myself now ! gggrrr lol, Gonna make sure . .Please let me know if I am wrong. . .That's what it says though right ?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top