Round 6: Rally Sweden

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 6: Rally Sweden

Post by EpilepticToast on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:45 am

Stages, service areas and conditions for round 6 of the championship:

Rally Sweden runs from April 25th- May 2nd

Timer expires @ 7pm EST/12am BST on final day

Feel free to discuss your rally & post any pictures, videos, gameclips, stream links, summaries etc. from round 6 in this thread.

Registration thread: http://www.thedsrl.com/t726-dsrl-rc-season-6-registration
Racenet league link with live timing, full schedule and results: https://www.dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/66869/the-dsrl-rc
Championship standings: http://www.thedsrl.com/t746-dsrl-rc-season-6-standings

Good luck to all competing teams & drivers in the final rally of season 6, get your handbrakes ready to go! Very Happy

Last edited by EpilepticToast on Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 6: Rally Sweden

Post by x Mataeus x on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Ah Sweden.
The Femme Fatale of my rallying career...
Luring me with the pristine beauty of her curves and the unspoiled, soft white covering surrounding them.
I go careening in, eager to experience every twist and turn, every perfect line, every crest.
Then BANG, one icy patch later, she leaves me overheating, stalled, buried in the drift of her spoiled banks.

x Mataeus x

https://www.trueachievements.com/x+Mataeus+x.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacidodomie on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Rally done !!

And, as I thought, not a good result Very Happy But I was constrained by the time and cannot practice enough before.
I touched the embankment a lot, and the result is that the car is spinning.
So, when you don't push hard and spinning every 2 curves, you got some bad results.

But, you can also have some funny moments. How many "esthetic point" should I have with this trick at the finish ? Very Happy :

Lacidodomie

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Well I got this one in and lying 3rd 'til the 4th driver finishes tongue

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Rally Sweden complete.

I`m quite happy with my performance, a few spins, a roll and some dead spectators. Perfect.

And as I type I`m leading the event Perfect Wink

Now to Carlisle this weekend for the Pirelli International Rally.

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by x Mataeus x on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 am

I'm so glad it's not just me that keeps spinning on those snow banks. I've got the Sweden 360° down to an art form.

x Mataeus x

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Blonde V on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:01 pm

Did my complete run in one sitting last night (as usual). Felt like my best effort of the season. Had a great time running this championship!

Mr Blonde V

http://www.globalsimracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ddr1988 on Tue May 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Always find Sweden so unpredictable and so hard but when you do put bits together it feels fast and amazing. Had a not to bad run untill I hit the heavy fog stages where I kept getting tunnel vision 😂

Great racing with @sloe all the way through, put a 15 second gap into him only to give it back and lose 15 or more in the final couple of stages. Very consistent drive sloe, or so it seemed 👍

ddr1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Tue May 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Thanks @ddr1988

I can`t remember it now though  lol

I`m glad we had a good battle  Cool

You are my nemesis it seems!

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by ddr1988 on Tue May 01, 2018 9:43 pm

@Sloe wrote:Thanks ddr1988

I can`t remember it now though  [smiley]https://imgfast.net/users/3613/21/73/64/smiles/69337870.gif[/smiley]

I`m glad we had a good battle  [smiley]https://imgfast.net/users/3613/21/73/64/smiles/2881916658.png[/smiley]

You are my nemesis it seems!

Your always my first person to look for in the results 😂

Sent from Topic'it App

ddr1988

Back to top Go down

Post by TopherNote on Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 am

Sweden done. Tight racing between myself, ddr1988 and Sloe. Couldn't catch Sloe in the end.

TopherNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am

@TopherNote wrote:Sweden done.  Tight racing between myself, ddr1988 and Sloe.  Couldn't catch Sloe in the end.

Blimey, I find that hard to believe as both you and ddr1988 are faster than me and although I felt I had a good run I made plenty of the usual mistakes.

Also I consider Sweden to be one of my worst events. I guess you two must`ve had some real problems along the way.

Us boys and girls that use a controller are generally grouped together in the results.

Last day of Sweden today Smile

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by ddr1988 on Wed May 02, 2018 9:34 am

@sloe your times seemed consistent to me, I had 1 scorcher of a run with a big crash and was 10 seconds off quickest time, that allowed me to gain on you and put 15 seconds on you but then you seemed to knock out consistent times so if I made a mistake you were back all over me.

Sent from Topic'it App

ddr1988

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed May 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Today is the last day to complete Rally Sweden...the final round of season 6!
Timer expires at 7pm EST/ 12am BST

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TopherNote on Wed May 02, 2018 11:45 pm

Been a pleasure racing with all of you fine drivers. However, I do believe that this will be my last season in DSRL RC. Someone give me a shout if there is ever an F1 or Forza league. Cheers.

TopherNote

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Thu May 03, 2018 12:43 am

Round 6 & season 6 are now both complete!!
Rally Sweden:

29 entries
23 starters
23 finishers
6 DNS
0 DNF
Winner:
@EpilepticToast - Subaru Impreza - Subaru World Rally Team

Final driver/ team championship standings for season 6 will be updated & confirmed as soon as possible, keep an eye out!
Thank you to all who competed in season 6 to make it the best DSRL RC season we've had yet, we hope to see you all back for more rally action in season 7!

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacidodomie on Thu May 03, 2018 6:53 am

Congrats EpilecticToast !!

Lacidodomie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 am

What a great rally Very Happy I didn’t think I was going to get this one in the bag but so glad that I did. Despite finishing just outside the points I felt it was possibly my best one to date and I was right in the mix for some points until the last couple of stages. Those night stages always give me the most problems and after a couple of errors in stage 8 I had to find 15 seconds to achieve the final points paying position so I pushed too hard and made a couple of mistake. Fantastic rally nonetheless and I finally seemed able to avoid the snow banks lol Had a few 360’s but nothing major so overall am pretty pleased with my final rally of the season.

Great job on the series Toast. It’s been a lot of fun. Great to see so many taking part although it does make points difficult to come by for me. I always go in blind without practice so each rally is an exciting experience 

Cheers all and well done to the Winner and podium finisher but also to all that took the plunge and enjoyed the season 

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by ddr1988 on Thu May 03, 2018 1:23 pm

@TopherNote wrote:Been a pleasure racing with all of you fine drivers. However, I do believe that this will be my last season in DSRL RC. Someone give me a shout if there is ever an F1 or Forza league. Cheers.

So drt1 has disbanded then! Disappointed your not returning Topher!

Sent from Topic'it App

ddr1988

Back to top Go down

Post by TopherNote on Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm

@ddr1988 wrote:
@TopherNote wrote:Been a pleasure racing with all of you fine drivers.  However, I do believe that this will be my last season in DSRL RC.  Someone give me a shout if there is ever an F1 or Forza league.  Cheers.

So drt1 has disbanded then! Disappointed your not returning Topher!

Sent from Topic'it App

My apologies for abandoning the team without notice. If I could just run the weekly stages without practicing, I would probably continue to compete. However, I don't think my competitive nature will allow that to happen. 4-5 hours a week commitment is just a bit much for me right now.

TopherNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Thu May 03, 2018 8:10 pm

@TopherNote wrote:Been a pleasure racing with all of you fine drivers.  However, I do believe that this will be my last season in DSRL RC.  Someone give me a shout if there is ever an F1 or Forza league.  Cheers.

No way! Don`t go! Don`t leave us !!

I`m genuinely disappointed to read this. I think you should change your mind.

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm

A big thanks to Toast for Season 6.

Thanks and well done to all that took part, it`s been a real good season, especially the close battles we have down the leader board and the amazing speed you top boys can carry!

Thanks to @John Gouzouassis aka SinCleaneR72 - you couldn`t have done it without me. What a team we are Wink

Roll on Season 7 Smile

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Blonde V on Thu May 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Thanks for this series! Even though BCK and I got our asses handed to us, we really enjoyed ourselves!

Mr Blonde V

http://www.globalsimracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by x Mataeus x on Thu May 03, 2018 11:56 pm

Loved it, had a great time! I only practiced Finland, and not much. Like to keep it real with just my co-driver and the shakedown!

Please don't tell me we have to wait months for season 7? :-(

How about a full 13 (?) round WRC 7 rally?

x Mataeus x

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Fri May 04, 2018 4:02 am

@Lacidodomie wrote:Congrats EpilecticToast !!
Thanks!

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum