Round 5: Rally Finland

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 5: Rally Finland

Post by EpilepticToast on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:14 am

Stages, service areas and conditions for round 5 of the championship:

Rally Finland runs from April 18th- April 25th

Timer expires @ 7pm EST/12am BST

Feel free to discuss your rally & post any pictures, videos, gameclips, stream links, summaries etc. from round 5 in this thread.

Registration thread: http://www.thedsrl.com/t726-dsrl-rc-season-6-registration
Racenet league link with live timing, full schedule and results: https://www.dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/66869/the-dsrl-rc
Championship standings: http://www.thedsrl.com/t746-dsrl-rc-season-6-standings

Good luck to all competing teams & drivers in this very fast and unforgiving rally!

Last edited by EpilepticToast on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5: Rally Finland

Post by x Mataeus x on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 am

Woohoo! My favourite Rally by far! I really wish this game had more countries though. Miss the days where you'd have double the amount. Loved Japan in CMR2005! All that rain!

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'll be hot on your heels.

As long as you're in 15th place or lower.

And by hot, I mean the glowing left front that's down to the rim and a total lack of radiator coolant.

Still, GAME ON!

Last edited by x Mataeus x on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

x Mataeus x

https://www.trueachievements.com/x+Mataeus+x.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarf on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:31 am

@x Mataeus x wrote:Woohoo! My favourite Rally by far! I really wish this game had more countries though. Miss the days where you'd have double the amount. Loved Japan in CMR2005! All that rain!

Anyway, good luck everyone. I'll be hot on your heels.

As long as your in 15th place or lower.

And by hot, I mean the glowing left front that's down to the rim and a total lack of radiator coolant.

Still, GAME ON!

lol lol lol lol

Zarf

GT3 World Tour S2 Division 1 Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacidodomie on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm

The last place is for me guys, don't fight for it, it's mine !!

I hate this Rally, I crush my foot on the brakes at each crest because I'm afraid of uncontrolled jumped. My car loves hugging Finland trees.

Lacidodomie

Back to top Go down

Post by Idiot1995 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:16 am

@Lacidodomie wrote:The last place is for me guys, don't fight for it, it's mine !!

I hate this Rally, I crush my foot on the brakes at each crest because I'm afraid of uncontrolled jumped. My car loves hugging Finland trees.

I found out the hard way through the first 3 stages, that the Focus is magnetically attracted to piled logs on the outside of a tight right hander, straight after a "Crest, Jump, Maybe" that is actually a 65ft jump...

My co-driver sucks

AOR Season 6 GT3 Pro Champion

Idiot1995

​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​​​

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacidodomie on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:26 am

@Idiot1995 wrote:I found out the hard way through the first 3 stages, that the Focus is magnetically attracted to piled logs on the outside of a tight right hander, straight after a "Crest, Jump, Maybe" that is actually a 65ft jump...

My co-driver sucks

lol lol

The co-driver thinks you drive an assault tank. "maybe".

Lacidodomie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:42 pm

N-Sport lead the way in Finland.

Both N-Sport drivers are currently at position 1 and 2 here in Finland.
Thanks to my team mate John, yet again you`ve put on a good show!

I had a mixed event, having several spins then a huge roll in SS1 lost me loads of time and a badly damage Focus RS which by the last 3 stages was running down on power.

In fact I didn`t think the old Ford would make it to the end.

Good luck to the rest of the crews Smile

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by x Mataeus x on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Somehow made it to the end. As usual, my radiator was empty and my engine dying. I also drove one third of stage 7 without a tyre on the rear right.

Overall: Good result for me!

x Mataeus x

https://www.trueachievements.com/x+Mataeus+x.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:13 am

Oh boy that was the worst rally I've ever done on this game that I can remember. Disaster.

Stage 1 tricked me into thinking the car was all good to hit jumps and I got off to a solid start, but from stage 2 on everything went downhill very badly. First I did this roll and got a penalty, losing the lead
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epileptictoast/video/48539944

Then I hit a tree at light speed after bouncing another landing wrong in stage 4 and the car was competitively finished from that point on. I think I broke something crucial in the suspension because I ran into a lot more trouble (trees) down the road after that despite backing off a bit. The car wasn't having any of it, it seemed to quickly lift a wheel and roll unexpectedly on me past the point of saving a few times, I only felt in control on a couple of the stages after that crash. It definitely didn't seem to handle the fast corners the same http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epileptictoast/video/48540017

Stage 7 was an absolute nightmare especially. I counted 5 punctures total in 3 different stages by the end with some pathetic attempts to drive home on only 2 wheels while spinning out constantly instead of taking further repair penalties. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epileptictoast/video/48540128
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epileptictoast/video/48540153

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epileptictoast/screenshot/8678902

Got the remaining half of the car to the end somehow but this rally result is not going to be a pretty sight for me.

Finland just completely destroyed me this season. I probably shouldn't have done it tonight looking at it now but I wanted something to try keep my mind occupied after whats been a very crazy day here in Toronto.
When it rains it pours Neutral

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Blonde V on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:55 am

Well....I had punctures THREE times. Rear right twice and front left once. Had settled it down just aiming to finish and the radiator finally just let go on stage 8. Sad

Mr Blonde V

http://www.globalsimracing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacidodomie on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 am

@EpilepticToast

Sorry for what happens in Toronto, peoples are crazy :/

Your story of Finland rally made me laugh, particulary the last screenshot. You've been retire the doors to compensate the heat of your broken radiator, isn't it ?
The second roll on the crest is scary... the suspensions didn't do their job anymore...
Is the car was too much damaging at 1st checkpoint to repair it totally ?

I did my runs yesterday, and hit a tree on the first curve... made a lot of mistake on first stage (rolls, 360° curve, hit some billboard or trees). I finished at the end of the leaderboard. But after slapping myself, I raced clean and finally caught up. At first I was behind Mataeus, Sloe Neo and THR, and at the end :

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eiopsis/screenshot/8679939

I'm pretty happy, but if I didn't made so much mistakes on first stage, I could have battled with DDR1988 or with you EpilepticToast :p

Lacidodomie

Back to top Go down

Post by TopherNote on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:48 am

I DIDN'T FINISH 10TH!!!!!

I FINISHED 11TH FOR NOW!!!

:-/

TopherNote

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm

@Lacidodomie wrote:@EpilepticToast

Sorry for what happens in Toronto, peoples are crazy :/

Your story of Finland rally made me laugh, particulary the last screenshot. You've been retire the doors to compensate the heat of your broken radiator, isn't it ?
The second roll on the crest is scary... the suspensions didn't do their job anymore...
Is the car was too much damaging at 1st checkpoint to repair it totally ?

I did my runs yesterday, and hit a tree on the first curve... made a lot of mistake on first stage (rolls, 360° curve, hit some billboard or trees). I finished at the end of the leaderboard. But after slapping myself, I raced clean and finally caught up. At first I was behind Mataeus, Sloe Neo and THR, and at the end :

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eiopsis/screenshot/8679939

I'm pretty happy, but if I didn't made so much mistakes on first stage, I could have battled with DDR1988 or with you EpilepticToast :p

Indeed they are Sad

haha yeah my Subaru was completely screwed after a high speed roll into a tree. Repairs saved me just enough to get to the end but the car was making some really worrying sounds so I was expecting the engine to go at any point in the final leg.
Nice job! Making the finish is always goal #1 so that's always something you can be happy with too. Hopefully next season's rally Finland goes even better with less mistakes!

Last edited by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:39 pm

@Mr Blonde V wrote:Well....I had punctures THREE times. Rear right twice and front left once. Had settled it down just aiming to finish and the radiator finally just let go on stage 8. Sad
Ouch that is a rough ending

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:42 pm

@TopherNote wrote:I DIDN'T FINISH 10TH!!!!!

I FINISHED 11TH FOR NOW!!!

:-/

IMPOSSIBLE Razz

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:02 pm

here is my final stage on board limping home as fast as I could  Suspect
the damage was already done...literally

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Today is the Final day to finish Round 5, timer expires at 7pm EST/ 12am BST

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacidodomie on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:16 pm

I've never heared this kind of noise in my car, despite the fact I've already broken cars.

Your co driver says "Engine got a problem", mine never say that.
Maybe we haven't this things in the french version. If a compatriot may give his opinion...

Lacidodomie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:31 pm

@Lacidodomie wrote:I've never heared this kind of noise in my car, despite the fact I've already broken cars.

Your co driver says "Engine got a problem", mine never say that.
Maybe we haven't this things in the french version. If a compatriot may give his opinion...

Yes, this is normal, I get this all the time ! lol

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarf on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:58 pm

Well at the moment i've achieved both goals to be in the top ten and finish. Sorry Coppo just pipped him to tenthe by less than a second

Season Calendar

Zarf

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:11 pm

@Zarf wrote:Well at the moment i've achieved both goals to be in the top ten and finish. Sorry Coppo just pipped him to tenthe by less than a second

Season Calendar

Nice drive Zarf! Smile That is very close! Quite a few other close times on the board too Surprised

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TopherNote on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Smallest of margins:

TopherNote

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 pm

that is super close! Shocked

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:02 am

Round 5 is now complete!
Rally Finland:

29 entries
25 starters
22 finishers
4 DNS
3 DNF
Winner:
@Goliath87 - Subaru Impreza - Team RC2  

Congratulations to @Goliath87 for the season 6 rally Finland win with a very calm and composed drive to the end! This rally was very tough on most cars and the crews are happy to be moving on to a much more forgiving surface next week after some hefty damage bills.
championship standings will be updated ASAP, next up we head to snowy Sweden for the last round of the season.

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 am

Sorry I missed the deadline on this round. Best get and run Sweden soon

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content