by DSRLReadingRich Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 6:10 pm

» Seeding Runs
by Idiot1995 Yesterday at 3:15 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 11:58 am

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff
DSRL Twitter

DSRL Staff Member Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you rather continue the 200K sportscar championship as currently scheduled or postpone it until the release of Patch 3.0?

13% 13% 
[ 2 ]
87% 87% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 16

DSRL Staff Member Update

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello Everybody,

I must regretfully inform the DSRL community that our site owner & director Webbers88 will be taking an extended break from all Pcars 2 league racing and 200K admin duties due to the ongoing xbox online connection problems  Sad . We wish him well and hope to see both him and his passion for sim racing return very soon. In light of this unfortunate news, we are expanding the DSRL Admin team in order to try keep everything functioning smoothly around here.

With Stevielow joining the team just last week, we are happy to announce that Rebel Whitey and Hurt Magurt have now also been promoted to admins to help out with DSRL championship organization.

Welcome to the Admin group Rebel and Hurt! Smile    

IMPORTANT POLL- If you are registered in the 200K sportscar series, please answer the poll attached to this post. If you are not participating in the 200K championship, please disregard the poll and don't vote.    

Thank you

Last edited by EpilepticToast on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
EpilepticToast
Six Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Re: DSRL Staff Member Update

Post by Rebel Whitey on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to helping the DSRL continue to provide the best SimRacing community on XBOX1.

T3Racing
DSRL Formula 2000 UK Team Champion

DEDICATED REBELLION
Rebel Whitey
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:54 pm

As much as I would like to race, I just can't enjoy it if people are missing out due to connection issues. I hope Webbers get's his sorted out and we can all race again soon.
Congrats on the Promotion Rebel and Hurt. Cool
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm

We should race Sunday. Not an official Championship Round, but as a Club Event. :bounce:

T3Racing
DSRL Formula 2000 UK Team Champion

DEDICATED REBELLION
Rebel Whitey
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:09 pm

@Rebel Whitey wrote:We should race Sunday.  Not an official Championship Round, but as a Club Event. :bounce:
we'll give the poll 48 hours and see what the majority of drivers think about continuing. I'm up for doing an exhibition practice race on Sunday if the 200k does end up getting put on hold.

DSRL Rally Championship Coordinator
DSRL RC: S3 Champion
DSRL RC: S2 Champion
GT3 Endurance (Division 1) Champion  
DSRL RC: S1 (FWD Class) Champion
Formula Gulf Champion
Global GT1 (Division 1) Champion

EpilepticToast
Six Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunt04 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm fine with practicing anytime, but I agree with putting things on hold for a serious championship until things get sorted out with PCars 2.
Chunt04
Rookie Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunt04 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:11 pm

In the interim, why not start up some random track and car combos for some fun one-off races?
Chunt04
Rookie Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 pm

@Rebel Whitey wrote:We should race Sunday.  Not an official Championship Round, but as a Club Event. :bounce:

I like running on Sunday since I don't care much for NASCAR this year and NFL is a bunch of Panzi Ass'es. But I would love to run some short Club sponsored Licensed races. I need to get my Online License E-Sport Eligible, and I can't think of a better group of trusted drivers to do that with.
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:40 am

Come back sooooon Webbers you will be misssed......get that connection sorted. Congrats Stevie, Rebel and Hurt, keep up the good work. I’m up for some informal racing on Sundays til the game get’s sorted
micko39
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:44 pm

Although due to my new( horrid ) work shedule i have missed and will miss more races i think if your going to postpone it, cancel it.

yes the game has dramas, the last one did, i ran a league and we raced through it by having shorter races, no pit stops means no pit bugs.

why not run a series with 2 shorter races each night.

have set divisions so no mucking about entering qually times into a spreadsheets and we all know who the host is for each lobby, this gives you rivals for the whole series and generally offers better racing and more inportantly more fun racing.

i also believe you need to change formula of race settings, no more running in cockpit, let ppl race how they want, race line,abs,traction no matter what.
the racing will be better and closer that way and at the end of the day we all want good racing.

were not race drivers this is not real its a game, lets maybe make it fun rather than too sterile trying to get it ultra realistic.

whats wrong with some default tuned clios, sometimes simple is better.
d4ninho
200K Series Class Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Hey dan. Funnily enough we are in the throes of getting the Clio races in place as we speak. There’s a place for everything and the Sunday league concept was always to be as hardcore as we could make it. We are working hard behind closed doors mate but recent events has knocked the staff back a few steps but we are getting our orevervial onions together and hope, before long, to offer a large variety of racing options not only across days of the week but also timezones AND platforms.

We do really appreciate everyone’s patience and are grateful for the help and understanding we are receiving in the background.

DSRL Dirt Rally Co Co-Ordinator
DSRL Assetto Corsa Co-Ordinator
DSRL Xbox club admin
Resident turn 1 gravel trap inspector..... 🐘
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Ok so the poll clearly indicates the majority of drivers would prefer the 200k championship be postponed until patch 3.0 in hopes of more stable online play. We will wait until the patch drops to re launch and set up for round 3 at Daytona.
Until then we will fill in the Sunday slot with community event non point races. These will be open to all members who wish to join in the fun and develop their racecraft.
More DSRL Project Cars 2 Championships are also on the way post patch 3, providing it improves things... keep an eye out!

DSRL Rally Championship Coordinator
DSRL RC: S3 Champion
DSRL RC: S2 Champion
GT3 Endurance (Division 1) Champion  
DSRL RC: S1 (FWD Class) Champion
Formula Gulf Champion
Global GT1 (Division 1) Champion

EpilepticToast
Six Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content