IndyCar Paddock

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: IndyCar Paddock

Post by Hammerpgh on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:04 pm

I understand your feeling that way Rich. From my experiences of it so far and I hold my hands up to having only got about 12 hours with it up to now (much of which I have been trying to find some decent feedback feel) the game still doesn't feel right to me. Don't get me wrong it's ok and can be a lot of fun when it's working correctly as it was when I raced the GT3's at Silverstone last week. If they fixed the multiplayer problems it would still be possible to run the league with it but these type of problems always make it very difficult to get people together to race in an organised league. People want to have some confidence that their time isn't going to be wasted by some game glitch or connection issue ruining their race. The league's I am monitoring have all had problems even post patch 3 unfortunately.... connection issues, tyre pressure problems, pitting problems, setup not loading, car handling differently session to session, etc. but at least Ian Bell has acknowledged the issue now that he claims are being improved.

I am happy to do some testing in the week if you are around.. I should be ok for any day except Tuesday. I would be interested to see if the FFB at Indy is any different online than off. How is it for you at Indy?

Rob has migrated to the PC so you won't see him back again on Xbox i'm afraid.

I tried Indy again last night but I got the piss poor weak FFB again and this time no matter what I did I could not get anything any stronger. When I first entered the pits when the track loaded my wheel completely freaked out and spun hard right. After trying to change a few settings and re-calibrating to see if that would free it up I had to unplug it and let it hard reset for fear of breaking it if I tried to force it back to centre. After that and another re-calibration it went back to normal but the FFB is just completely off. Barely any feel of the track surface, no forces acting against the wheel at any point, even if going over the grass and at one point I even drove full speed right into the end of the pit wall to see what forces that generated but it was pretty much zero!! I just don't get it  Sad  

So back to Long Beach and once I put my settings back to how I think they were when I was there before the FFB was back to normal again (although still not how I want it but at least there were forces to play with there) so I can only assume that this is an oval or maybe an Indianapolis only problem. I had some good laps around their though which restored my faith a little but I did get some massive framerate slowdowns for a brief spell which was really bad. That was with just me on track which I haven;t seen since the patch so hopefully it as just a one-off.

Have you got any thoughts on that?

Last edited by Hammerpgh on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm

This sucks Rich. And I'm sorry I can't be around this Saturday. It would be a shame if the series went away as last year it was so good. Unfortunately the initial shittyness of P Cars 2 and SMS has soured everyone on the game and obviously on the amount of traffic this site gets. It's hard to earn peoples attention back once SMS didn't live up to expectations a 2nd time. This is not a reflection on the series, your efforts or the DSRL, more eveyones disappointment of the game I believe.

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:53 pm

@Hurt MaGurt wrote:This sucks Rich. And I'm sorry I can't be around this Saturday. It would be a shame if the series went away as last year it was so good. Unfortunately the initial shittyness of P Cars 2 and SMS has soured everyone on the game and obviously on the amount of traffic this site gets. It's hard to earn peoples attention back once SMS didn't live up to expectations a 2nd time. This is not a reflection on the series, your efforts or the DSRL, more eveyones disappointment of the game I believe.
I agree last seasons Indycar series was one of the highlights of the racing year for me and I was gutted whenever I had to miss a race. We haven't heard from a lot of guys on here for some time now but I know Pete (Shneeb) will still be interested and i'll mention it to Karl (niblips) as well although I know the game's problems have been the single reason for his not getting going with it yet. Eric (McNasty) is another that has gone over to the PC so he is unlikely to be back. Trevor (Foxtrot) who has signed up in the Doom car was racing in my F1 league until fairly recently but has disappeared but i'll message him and see if he is still interested in racing here.

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by trevormont on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 am

Yeah im still around peter hahaha been really buisy the last few months and have had no time for racing but as of latley my saturdays are freed up for now so im in!

Sent from Topic'it App

trevormont

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:44 am

What's the thoughts now on this going forward,  any chance it might still be happening? Very little posting going on here so I'm guessing it's not looking good.

I'm still struggling with the game in all honesty but enjoy it when I get into it as am not stuck in the menus trying to get things to feel right.

Spent some time tonight at the Daytona Road Course where we are supposed to start the season but had to go through the FFB yet again to try to get it to something near acceptable. Wound the Gain and Tone right down to try to prevent some crazy wheel movements and have it about as good as I can without spending too much time messing around with it although it's still difficult to make little corrections as the wheel just jerks left or right suddenly if I overcorrect. Also had the loss of FFB when I left the game paused briefly and had to reset my wheel. Anyone know how to get it back without having to do that?

Didn't like the course at first but it's slowly growing on me. No idea what sort of pace is decent there though.

I'm still confused by the invalidated laps that I constantly get. I'll make a mistake early on a lap which I understand gets invalidated but it also invalidates the following lap which is total bullsh!t and nothing like reality. I did about 20 laps in one session and all but a handful were invalidated

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:44 am

Hi Pete,
To be honest it says a lot when the only post about IndyCar has been about how bad the car/physics/game is and we only have 8 sign ups ones me and the others Toast who can’t always make it due to work.
This would probably leave us with around 6 guys every week and I’m not sure it’s worth running a series with so few cars on track.
Also no matter how many times I posted about testing hardly anybody showed interested. The testing wasn’t just about putting tyres on pavement but getting the Admin side of it right as well. I’m still no better off from that point of view as the only person I’ve raced with any sort of regularity is McDuff and that was with a beer in my hand so a good social but not so good for learning the game.
And then there are ovals, there is no way on earth we can expect to run a 200,300 or 500 mile race with no putting in the effort to practice with other people especially the people you intend to race.
So in short I’d say there’s a 95% chance there’ll be no IndyCar at least run by me as the effort and energy to run an event on this scale just doesn’t look worth it for 5-6 guys on the regular every race.
I’ll make a final decision today and post something more later or in the morning..

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 am

Fair enough. I'll await the post and take it from there.

There's only been one test since I've had the game which I was already committed to something else that evening but I'm happy to run any time something is put together.

Unfortunately I think organised sim racing in general on console other than on the big sites which don't really cater for the type of racing I'm looking for is fading fast, especially in Europe.

I'll keep looking here in the hope things pick up but I understand the reluctance to take it any further with so few looking to race.

The game has not helped that in any way unfortunately, when I see how few people are running it that tells its own story. I enjoy it once I get going but every session still has odd things happening that take away from the enjoyment.

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:20 pm

@Hammerpgh wrote:Fair enough. I'll await the post and take it from there.

There's only been one test since I've had the game which I was already committed to something else that evening but I'm happy to run any time something is put together.

Unfortunately I think organised sim racing in general on console other than on the big sites which don't really cater for the type of racing I'm looking for is fading fast, especially in Europe.

I'll keep looking here in the hope things pick up but I understand the reluctance to take it any further with so few looking to race.

The game has not helped that in any way unfortunately, when I see how few people are running it that tells its own story. I enjoy it once I get going but every session still has odd things happening that take away from the enjoyment.

I totally agree that sim racing on console is slowing down and it’s for two reasons.
1) people are moving to PC and the whole VR/triple screen set up.
2) first person shooters and the like of fifa are coming back into vogue.
Reason 2 is always going to be the consoles bread and butter.

Yeas the game has bugs BUT not all are bugs as such and some are user error and that comes to my point with myself needing to practice race setting and general admin stuff in a live environment with the guy who are going to race in the series so when it comes to the real thing I know what I’m doing and so do others and more importantly everyone knows why it’s done that way. I think two or three years on the same game has made everyone take this side of sim racing for granted.
Lag issues on Xbox a shocking no matter the game. I played NHL with McDuff last weekend and in a 4 min period probably 30 secs worth of lag per period would randomly pop up the same on StarTrek online and on other games as well. And before people say it’s my net which admittedly isn’t the best I had a PS4 in the house over the holiday on the WiFi with no lag issues at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum