by DSRLReadingRich Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 6:10 pm

» Seeding Runs
by Idiot1995 Yesterday at 3:15 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 11:58 am

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff
DSRL Twitter

Test 2- Barcelona Saturday 4th November

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Test 2- Barcelona Saturday 4th November

Post by MichaeI Watts on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:48 am

I tried it Wednesday, Make the Lobby "Public" with a Password. People can join in on the Host or use the password. I think the Public lobbies are more stable.

Missed another one. I don't see new posts in here. I'll try to make the next one. Maybe put out a Global announcment when we need more people for a test.
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:45 pm

@MichaeI Watts wrote:I tried it Wednesday, Make the Lobby "Public" with a Password. People can join in on the Host or use the password. I think the Public lobbies are more stable.

Missed another one. I don't see new posts in here. I'll try to make the next one. Maybe put out a Global announcment when we need more people for a test.
I think Rich set the lobby up like that on Saturday but random people still got in somehow.

Where is it not showing you new posts? only in this sub forum or everywhere? there should be an icon to the left of every thread indicating if there's new unread posts. Another way to do it is save a link that goes directly to this indycar sub forum and you'll see the test threads as they are posted up.

DSRL Rally Championship Coordinator
DSRL RC: S3 Champion
DSRL RC: S2 Champion
GT3 Endurance (Division 1) Champion  
DSRL RC: S1 (FWD Class) Champion
Formula Gulf Champion
Global GT1 (Division 1) Champion

EpilepticToast
Six Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 am

No I get notifications for threads I've posted in as I'm subscribed to. But new posts I don't see because I'm on too many sites, and I just forget to look. So maybe an Xbox Notification would be cool. I have the app on my phone so I always get Xbox messages when I'm away.
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:15 am

@EpilepticToast wrote:
@MichaeI Watts wrote:I tried it Wednesday, Make the Lobby "Public" with a Password. People can join in on the Host or use the password. I think the Public lobbies are more stable.

I think Rich set the lobby up like that on Saturday but random people still got in somehow.

Where is it not showing you new posts? only in this sub forum or everywhere? there should be an icon to the left of every thread indicating if there's new unread posts. Another way to do it is save a link that goes directly to this indycar sub forum and you'll see the test threads as they are posted up.

I'm not sure public lobbies are more stable, since the same netcode (which is broken) governs them both. The code just toggles access, but does not change the server or the skeleton on the coding for either. When I was running two weeks ago with Rich, many people did get in that were not supposed to, mostly, I think, because almost all of us have massive friends lists. Mine is upwards of 300, and some I have no idea who they are. lol.
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top