Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» DSRL RC: S4 Results, Standings and Discussion Thread
by WoodyLizard Today at 1:13 am

» Test 3 November 18 Daytona International Speedway Tri-Oval
by DSRLReadingRich Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 6:10 pm

» Seeding Runs
by Idiot1995 Yesterday at 3:15 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 11:58 am

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff
DSRL Twitter

Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:11 pm

vrHive did that and i'm sure that is being made pCars 2 compatible if not already.

I always find lap time info useful.. especially for competing strategies as tyre wear effect.

rsDash and pCars Dash are very similar.. the interface is almost identical but one is more updated than the other. They are created by the same guy


Last edited by Hammerpgh on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:12 pm



These are my PCars Dash App settings on PCars 2. As I said it’s not 100% as the new track maps don’t show up but it’s definitely better than nothing.
Really looking for to some PCars 2 specific apps.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:33 am

Thanks guys. I'll try the suggestions. It's great that UDP is here, though, in general. I hope we can progress to real telemetry this time. Instead of snow racing, I'd have put a serious telemetry app within the game. But that's just me.

Peter, one app was good, but it didn't provide any info that was not already in the game, or that you could find after a race. The other (the one Rich pictured) did. BUt now the damage percentages are there too. Also, the telemetry, small and inadequate as it is, look to have been changed on the PC1 app, but it might be me. Looks like you can see the whole picture, all inputs, at the bottom, and it's chopped up by lap. If you could send that to a reliable app that would overlay it and match up sections of the track to the telemetry, it would be grand.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:35 am

Like your new avatar Rich. Those LED displays were a great design. It shows you they are thinking about the fans at the track (and home too for many things, like P2P). In F1, they could just paint #1 and #2 on the Mercs. No need for an LED. lol.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:29 am

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:Like your new avatar Rich. Those LED displays were a great design. It shows you they are thinking about the fans at the track (and home too for many things, like P2P). In F1, they could just paint #1 and #2 on the Mercs. No need for an LED. lol.

Cheers mate,
I saw it on SP racing’s Facebook page so I “just had to have it”.
Again there another great innovation Indycar has brought to open wheel racing all be it they borrowed it from GT racing but yeah there a great idea.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:36 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@OctoberDusk06 wrote:Like your new avatar Rich. Those LED displays were a great design. It shows you they are thinking about the fans at the track (and home too for many things, like P2P). In F1, they could just paint #1 and #2 on the Mercs. No need for an LED. lol.

Cheers mate,
I saw it on SP racing’s Facebook page so I “just had to have it”.
Again there another great innovation Indycar has brought to open wheel racing all be it they borrowed it from GT racing but yeah there a great idea.

It was the ALMS that invented the idea. The American Le Mans Series was an incredible organization and I was lucky enough to be a naive observer when it was formed. When my parents sold Road Atlanta to Don Panos (the guy who invented the nicotine patch) we were still close to the track and went back often. Panos almost single-handedly, with the track, lots of trust, brilliant ideas and a racing team, created this new worldwide craze in LeMans type racing. It was the antidote to NASCAR (until they bought it) and he made Road Atlanta the centerpiece. The Delta Wing was another incredible invention that came from the old ALMS.

Things like this can ONLY happen when a giant sanctioning body is NOT involved. IndyCar is the only form of open wheel left that is humble, open to change, but slow to change tradition. They are also the only series to constantly choose racing fidelity/risk over profits and sponsors. The richest men in IndyCar (Ganassi, Penske) are racers, not bureaucrats. If a driver becomes a media darling, NASCAR will tempt her with money. IndyCar doesn't care. They know that for every Sebastian Vettel, there are 100 behind him as or more talented.

The ALMS was actually sanctioned by the ACO (LeMans) and had nothing to do with either the FIA, IndyCar, or NASCAR. It was a stroke of genius. And many of the players that made the ALMS great (Panos, Dyson, Flying Lizards) had deep connections to IndyCar. For me, watching WEC form was simply a de ja vu.

That's why, one day, if things keep going the way they are going, IndyCar will be as or more popular than F1. You are way ahead of the curve Rich.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:19 pm

I remember the ALMS they were one of the first to Embrace streaming if not live then as live. Some thing that IMSA, Indycar, Lights, Blancpain, TCR and DTM to name but a few do and do very well.
My first introduction into the amazing world of Indycar was when Mansell went over after being dumped by Williams. At the time we never (or at least I don’t remember) live races but we’d get a 1 hour highlights so with the big name talking through the tech side of his car. From there it made Autosport magazine and with the likes of Jacque and JPM coming over from Indy we then started getting full live races on Eurosport and then channel Five in the champ car days. Sky also had it for a bit but rather than put live races on the F1 channel when there was no F1 they dropped it which was a shame as though the BT coverage is good the channel and it’s Admin fee and pretty expensive. So now I catch Indycar Radio and wait for the as live you tube coverage.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:54 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:I remember the ALMS they were one of the first to   Embrace  streaming if not live then as live. Some thing that IMSA, Indycar, Lights, Blancpain, TCR and DTM to name but a few do and do very well.
My first introduction into the amazing world of Indycar was when Mansell went over after being dumped by Williams. At the time we never (or at least I don’t remember) live races but we’d get a 1 hour highlights so with the big name talking through the tech side of his car. From there it made Autosport magazine and with the likes of Jacque and JPM coming over from Indy we then started getting full live races on Eurosport and then channel Five in the champ car days. Sky also had it for a bit but rather than put live races on the F1 channel when there was no F1 they dropped it which was a shame as though the BT coverage is good the channel and it’s Admin fee and pretty expensive. So now I catch Indycar Radio and wait for the as live you tube coverage.

Yes they were. Scott Atherton and Don Panos and a few others were visionaries. Don still owns the track, I think, but has gotten older and does other things. In the 80s, he was custom building tiny Lotus like chassis and dropping a Mustang Boss 302 in them. lol. We used to see them running aorund Road Atlanta. He was a real car guy that happened to be a physician, I think.

Anyway, yea, Mansell is my all time favorite driver. I was well into IndyCar, always watching the 500 and many other races too. I made it to about six live IndyCar races. One at Nazareth (I was actually there when Nigel won the Championship...a feat that may never happen again) and Richmond (when they split and one ran ovals) and Road America (where I saw Bourdais and the CHAMP car series, still during the split). When I was a kid, A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti and Johnny Rutherford were the big names. Then NASCAR got big and I got into that, but when Dad got Road Atlanta, the focus really shifted to road racing. Mom even got a ride with Paul Newman. So I was hooked. Lots of motorcycle racing (AMA, and the Moto thingy in Europe) came there. It was a huge track for that. Before that, though, I was hooked into F1 because of Nigel. Stories like ours are legion. When people like Fernando and Mansell do what they did, it synergises the racing world. It makes racing a much more inclusive and broad sport, like all F1 drivers know it is. If you asked the average race car driver (and I have met many) they will tell you, at least in the 90s, that F1 was certainly the top of the rung for money and fame, and maybe even road racing, but most of the guys were in awe of Rally drivers and oval drivers, probably because it was strange and mysterious and looked dangerous. And they were right. lol. Peter has probably a broader knowledge, as a fan, of all motorsports than anyone I know. He is ancient, for one. And he has followed IndyCar and F1 forever. Even some NASCAR too I think. He knows far more about IndyCar history than I do about F1 history, but I'm catching up.

You saw Jeff Gordon in Mexico? Another thing -- Josef Newgarden said offhand that F1 looked fun and he'd like to try it some day. And -- you will get a kick out of this -- the reaction from Gunther (Haas) was "well, you need more experience to just come in to F1 and do well." Ohhhh Boy. 'Ol Gunther walked that one WAAAAY back today on NBC. lol. He started saying "uhhh..I was talking about a mid pack team, and learning all the differences, not the pure racing, so I'm sure he could do it, but why would he want to now that....blah blah blah." lol.

So, you see, that arrogance, that "we are the top and special and you can't just be a racer to get here" attitude still persists. Thing is, Gunther is not a driver. And I bet Gene Haas (NASCAR) would take a different view. I get that you would rather have someone who knows the ropes, but to exclude (even today, like, jumping in to a car next year, a Red Bull, replacing Mad Max, let's say) the reigning IndyCar champion from a seat in F1? I know 95% of the drivers got a chuckle out of that. If anything, I'd say it was harder to go the other way -- from F1 to IndyCar, because of the tracks. Anyone can learn to press buttons. If Mad Max had tried what Alonso did last may, he's be a Dead Max.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 am

For me there are only a few current F1 driver who could hack a season long campaign in the much more pure world of IndyCar. Hamilton for all his arrogance would be epic IF he could control himself enough to drive in a Penske or Andretti.
Vettel would also be pretty good and has driven both ovals and road courses in a number of champcar test when he was younger.
Alonso as much as I hate to admit it proved how good he was this may. If he could keep from upsetting team owner is another matter.
And finally Riccarado, simply because he embraces everything, he’s fun like Hélio but when the lid goes on he’s as serious as Dixon.
Going the other way IF they were all in the same car I think a lot of the regular season Indy guys would boss F1.
Dixon should have had a shot years ago, he might cry a bit but he’s got the moves.
TK and Hélio should also have had a crack at it and would have done very well if equal machines.
Sato if he’d lose the “win it or bin it” mentally would have had at least F1 race wins under his belt if not a title or two, I fear he may have got over that 5-10 season too late.
Even Hinch would smash your average Marcus Errikson and then some out of the field.
I don’t get the hate towards Newgarden. He has the skills on and off the track.
He’s artistic and good behind the camera and if you bung him in a suite I’m sure he’ll sell boss watches, aftershave etc ( in short his not exactly a ugly kid) he’s a marketing dream.
Still F1 loss is IndyCar (our) gain
Looking at some of the twitter comments I think there’s a bit of worry that the good ol’ Boys from the mid west might just actually become the pinnacle of racing if not technology.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:56 am

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:Thanks guys. I'll try the suggestions. It's great that UDP is here, though, in general. I hope we can progress to real telemetry this time. Instead of snow racing, I'd have put a serious telemetry app within the game. But that's just me.

Peter, one app was good, but it didn't provide any info that was not already in the game, or that you could find after a race. The other (the one Rich pictured) did. BUt now the damage percentages are there too. Also, the telemetry, small and inadequate as it is, look to have been changed on the PC1 app, but it might be me. Looks like you can see the whole picture, all inputs, at the bottom, and it's chopped up by lap. If you could send that to a reliable app that would overlay it and match up sections of the track to the telemetry, it would be grand.
vrHive did exactly what you are asking for there Rob re the overlays, etc.

I too like pCars dash and rsDash and have used them since they came out. pCars dash will not be needed though when I get the game as rsDash is the more reliable and fully featured update for it.

I chatted to the developer about it and although pCars dash has a compatability mode to enable it to work in the new game it misses out on the new features available from the udp stream of pCars 2 which pCars Dash can't use.


Last edited by Hammerpgh on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:21 am

How much do they charge for BT Sport these days Rich? Last time they tried to charge me anything it was only £6.99 a month but I still get it for free as part of my BT package.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:38 am

@Hammerpgh wrote:How much do they charge for BT Sport these days Rich? Last time they tried to charge me anything it was only £6.99 a month but I still get it for free as part of my BT  package.

Last time I checked it was £15 a month and £25 one off just talk to the girl on the phone. (They also charge if you order online)





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@Hammerpgh wrote:How much do they charge for BT Sport these days Rich? Last time they tried to charge me anything it was only £6.99 a month but I still get it for free as part of my BT  package.

Last time I checked it was £15 a month and £25 one off just talk to the girl on the phone. (They also charge if you order online)
Really!! Thats a new one on me... most I have ever been asked to pay is £6.99 and as soon as I said I was cancelling they added it back for free.

Do you not have Mobdro? You can access it for free on there.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:53 am

@Hammerpgh wrote:
@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@Hammerpgh wrote:How much do they charge for BT Sport these days Rich? Last time they tried to charge me anything it was only £6.99 a month but I still get it for free as part of my BT  package.

Last time I checked it was £15 a month and £25 one off just talk to the girl on the phone. (They also charge if you order online)
Really!! Thats a new one on me... most I have ever been asked to pay is £6.99 and as soon as I said I was cancelling they added it back for free.

Do you not have Mobdro? You can access it for free on there.

To be honest Pete I don’t even know what that is.
May be it’s because I’m a Sky customer?





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:17 am

Mobdro is an app that gives you access to all the channels for free including US channels. BT Sport and Sky Sports are included amongst many others. I use it if I'm not at home to watch anything i don't want to miss.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:47 am

I’ll have to look at that





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:03 am

Turns out the app was not working because of the problem between the seat and the xbox. lol. I always had plugged it in before, so the phone battery would not run down, to the xbox itself. That wired connection makes it run w/o a hitch. Super fast.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum