Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» DSRL RC: S4 Results, Standings and Discussion Thread
by WoodyLizard Today at 1:13 am

» Test 3 November 18 Daytona International Speedway Tri-Oval
by DSRLReadingRich Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 6:10 pm

» Seeding Runs
by Idiot1995 Yesterday at 3:15 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Yesterday at 11:58 am

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff
DSRL Twitter

Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by l Havana l on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Yeah October, that Indy setup was just a test to try and find the speed. Its not refined at all.

l Havana l
1000km Of Watkins Glen Champion

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

@l Havana l wrote:Yeah October, that Indy setup was just a test to try and find the speed. Its not refined at all.
You found it. Hopefully, that's about the limit, since it's good to see games and real life match up somewhat.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by MichaeI Watts on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:24 pm

I keep missing these posts.. Crying or Very sad
avatar
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

Posts : 116
Join date : 2016-09-08
Country : Columbia, SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:51 pm

@MichaeI Watts wrote:I keep missing these posts.. Crying or Very sad

I’ve got a road course test set up for next Saturday. Also if I’m online and people want to run some IndyCar laps I’m more than happy to set that up.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:48 pm

@MichaeI Watts wrote:I keep missing these posts.. Crying or Very sad
Mike Rich's testing schedule can be found here so mark those dates in your calendar:-

http://www.thedsrl.com/t614-2018-indycar-world-challenge-official-testing
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:02 pm

It's impossible to test this game on ovals without numbers or at least a few in a pack. I'm getting on now. I'll not be running any testing unless it's on an oval or just casual. We all know how to run road courses.

The biggest problems with IndyCars on ovals is that the A.I. are broken. The poor man's way of testing would be to get a GT or GTO car and run for 100 laps in a pack of A.I. The other problem is that the A.I. are dead slow compared to our times.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:53 pm

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:It's impossible to test this game on ovals without numbers or at least a few in a pack. I'm getting on now. I'll not be running any testing unless it's on an oval or just casual. We all know how to run road courses.

The biggest problems with IndyCars on ovals is that the A.I. are broken. The poor man's way of testing would be to get a GT or GTO car and run for 100 laps in a pack of A.I. The other problem is that the A.I. are dead slow compared to our times.

I’ve started trying to test the date and tyre temps as so far the game thinks it winter in January no mater where in the world the track is.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:34 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@OctoberDusk06 wrote:It's impossible to test this game on ovals without numbers or at least a few in a pack. I'm getting on now. I'll not be running any testing unless it's on an oval or just casual. We all know how to run road courses.

The biggest problems with IndyCars on ovals is that the A.I. are broken. The poor man's way of testing would be to get a GT or GTO car and run for 100 laps in a pack of A.I. The other problem is that the A.I. are dead slow compared to our times.

I’ve started trying to test the date and tyre temps as so far the game thinks it winter in January no mater where in the world the track is.

Ahh. That's too bad. Date and time will be important then, so maybe we could get that set in stone due to having to tire test. I've noticed it makes quite a difference this time. Last game was less dynamic and accurate with weather conditions.

Anyone notice (I'm sure) that the front tires stop spinning at Indy? Also, the Push To Pass is bugged, I believe. I don't think they got one push for 100 seconds instead of ten. But at least it's the same for everyone.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:56 am

Yeah the wheels stop moving at Indy but I only noticed this after the patch if I remember I’ll post some thing in the Pcars forum.
Push to past is set to 2016 regs not the 2017 ones hence it’s 10 shots on road course and not a time limited system. Also not sure why they have it on ovals except Indycar was toying with the idea of having it and one point so SMS may have been told that’s whats happening and it didn’t.
I’ve done some short races at both Daytona Road and Willow with the date and time in the calendar and it’s been fine so far. The front call down a bit quick if you stop pushing but a bit of practice and some wrench work will probably help there. To night if I get a chance I’m going to run on the tri-oval and see how that works as that my biggest worry tyre wise. After that the races get more into spring and things should be good.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:29 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:Yeah the wheels stop moving at Indy but I only noticed this after the patch if I remember I’ll post some thing in the Pcars forum.
Push to past is set to 2016 regs not the 2017 ones hence it’s 10 shots on road course and not a time limited system. Also not sure why they have it on ovals except Indycar was toying with the idea of having it and one point so SMS may have been told that’s whats happening and it didn’t.
I’ve done some short races at both Daytona Road and Willow with the date and time in the calendar and it’s been fine so far. The front call down a bit quick if you stop pushing but a bit of practice and some wrench work will probably help there. To night if I get a chance I’m going to run on the tri-oval and see how that works as that my biggest worry tyre wise. After that the races get more into spring and things should be good.

The cars are 2016 models (except for the front wing end plates that practically nobody runs on ovals) so the p2p was allocated in 20 second bursts, except for a couple track. You are right, for the ovals, it's never been there, but we will probably see it next year. 2017, the drivers had control of the discharge rate, but a finite amount, unlike F1's old system. In a way it makes me feel like the game is closer to reality, since the alien times were surely set with p2p. At least I hope so. lol.

Okay, then I was confused. I thought you said SMS didn't use any weather technology to localize the weather, but then your testing has been fine. I'll run a Twitch now of the first few races in a MP lobby and see what happens.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:09 am

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:
@DSRLReadingRich wrote:Yeah the wheels stop moving at Indy but I only noticed this after the patch if I remember I’ll post some thing in the Pcars forum.
Push to past is set to 2016 regs not the 2017 ones hence it’s 10 shots on road course and not a time limited system. Also not sure why they have it on ovals except Indycar was toying with the idea of having it and one point so SMS may have been told that’s whats happening and it didn’t.
I’ve done some short races at both Daytona Road and Willow with the date and time in the calendar and it’s been fine so far. The front call down a bit quick if you stop pushing but a bit of practice and some wrench work will probably help there. To night if I get a chance I’m going to run on the tri-oval and see how that works as that my biggest worry tyre wise. After that the races get more into spring and things should be good.

The cars are 2016 models (except for the front wing end plates that practically nobody runs on ovals) so the p2p was allocated in 20 second bursts, except for a couple track. You are right, for the ovals, it's never been there, but we will probably see it next year. 2017, the drivers had control of the discharge rate, but a finite amount, unlike F1's old system. In a way it makes me feel like the game is closer to reality, since the alien times were surely set with p2p. At least I hope so. lol.

Okay, then I was confused. I thought you said SMS didn't use any weather technology to localize the weather, but then your testing has been fine. I'll run a Twitch now of the first few races in a MP lobby and see what happens.

P2P isn’t coming to ovals this coming season in fact indycars is planing to do away with all together from 2019/20 depending how the new body work pans out.
What I meant with the weather is the game thinks it’s winter in January everywhere when in the real world it’s not.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 am

“But the other part to that is adding push-to-pass boost for ovals. We tested a little bit last year, but the issue was how abruptly it shuts off. That’s a problem if you’re on the edge of handling balance as you’re steering into a turn!

“So we’re still working on it. There’s been push-to-pass for ovals in the past, but it wasn’t much of a boost and it wasn’t turbocharged. So now it would be a different thought process for the drivers as to when they use it, and we’d need a different procedure for how it disengages.

“But we’ll keep looking at it. The manufacturers are happy with the idea and it could really boost the racing on the short ovals.”

-- Jay Frye, president of competition and operations 6-10-17
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 pm

https://www.motorsportal.ca/new-aerokit-prompts-indycar-to-consider-scrapping-push-to-pass/9035702

This isn’t where I originally saw this but it’s what I could find in a 10 minute tea brake.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Interesting. I actually like the p2p as it adds a nice additional strategic element to the racing which would be a shame to lose,
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:45 pm

@Hammerpgh wrote:Interesting. I actually like the p2p as it adds a nice additional strategic element to the racing which would be a shame to lose,

From what their saying about the new aero kit the cars can get so close and slip stream so much better that they don’t need it.
It’s like adding 60hp.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:26 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@Hammerpgh wrote:Interesting. I actually like the p2p as it adds a nice additional strategic element to the racing which would be a shame to lose,

From what their saying about the new aero kit the cars can get so close and slip stream so much better that they don’t need it.
It’s like adding 60hp.

Yes indeed. Since they control the chassis, they can test it for ovals, which they did a few times. Drivers all say that car is planted like a tree, even at close speeds because of something we haven't seen a long long time -- powerful ground effects that suck the car to the ground. This allows the cars to have downforce w/o drag or disturbing the wind behind them.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 pm

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:
@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@Hammerpgh wrote:Interesting. I actually like the p2p as it adds a nice additional strategic element to the racing which would be a shame to lose,

From what their saying about the new aero kit the cars can get so close and slip stream so much better that they don’t need it.
It’s like adding 60hp.

Yes indeed. Since they control the chassis, they can test it for ovals, which they did a few times. Drivers all say that car is planted like a tree, even at close speeds because of something we haven't seen a long long time -- powerful ground effects that suck the car to the ground. This allows the cars to have downforce w/o drag or disturbing the wind behind them.

Yep another single seater series could do with having a look at this instead of throwing technology and money at it in the hope they may luck into some decent racing.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Just for a frame of reference I turned some laps around Daytona Tri Oval and here’s some of the data.


The date was set at Feb 10 2018
Time was 11:00
Weather was clear
Temps are 55f ambient and 73f track
Wind 1mph SE
I’m using the old dash app so I’m not 100% sure it totally accurate BUT it tells me that date and time are ok to run.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Any way to get PCARS dash to work? I have that app and it stutters on every setting. So data is getting through, but it's not useable. What are your settings? PC1, then what number? Crew Chief is the same.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:53 am

I’m not sure I’ll have a look when I get home from work.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 744
Join date : 2016-01-21
Country : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:01 am

RSDash is the app you need Rob, that voers Project Cars 2, F1 2017 and various PC format racers (Assetto for instance). He is currently working on that a lot for both Project Cars and F1 2017. I have been in close contact with him for several months about it and providing him with data from F1 2017 to iron out some of the problems that come from the inconsistent data the game brings.

I'll be speaking to him this morning an will ask about pCars Dash but I think it unlikely that it will be updated with rsDash being already setup for work with Project Cars 2.

He's doing some fantastic stuff for F1 2017 with an online portal for logging lap time data and that will probably be the same for Project Cars 2 I would think but until I get the game I won't know for sure.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm

The maker of pcars dash said he will be making a new app for Project Cars 2 that will cover all the old data but also all the new information that the new game is putting out.

October...I run pCars Dash and Crew chief from the same tablet on UDP 4. Occasionally, like maybe once every 10 laps or so, the dash freezes for a few seconds but catches up quickly and all the data seems legit compared to the in game information.




Thrustmaster TX / GTE Rim / TH8A Shifter / Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals with Basher CPX
avatar
Hurt MaGurt
Pro Driver

Posts : 260
Join date : 2016-02-15
Country : Connecticut USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Hammerpgh on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:25 pm

@Hurt MaGurt wrote:The maker of pcars dash said he will be making a new app for Project Cars 2 that will cover all the old data but also all the new information that the new game is putting out.

October...I run pCars Dash and Crew chief from the same tablet on UDP 4. Occasionally, like maybe once every 10 laps or so, the dash freezes for a few seconds but catches up quickly and all the data seems legit compared to the in game information.
That's rsDash.. not a new app but had Project Cars 2 functionality added to it.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 265
Join date : 2016-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:59 pm

@Hammerpgh wrote:RSDash is the app you need Rob, that voers Project Cars 2, F1 2017 and various PC format racers (Assetto for instance). He is currently working on that a lot for both Project Cars and F1 2017. I have been in close contact with him for several months about it and providing him with data from F1 2017 to iron out some of the problems that come from the inconsistent data the game brings.

I'll be speaking to him this morning an will ask about pCars Dash but I think it unlikely that it will be updated with rsDash being already setup for work with Project Cars 2.

He's doing some fantastic stuff for F1 2017 with an online portal for logging lap time data and that will probably be the same for Project Cars 2 I would think  but until I get the game I won't know for sure.

Whatever Rich posed is the app I use. I'm not sure which Dash you are talking about, but thanks for the heads up. All I want is for the old one that Rich showed works for him, to work for me. You really don't need a phone app for PC2, but I understand many will want one. The crew chief is the one I really miss. The app I spoke about was good because it told you damage percentages. But lap times, etcetcetcetcetc., you can never really benefit from unless you can compare them to an "ideal" lap or other lap telemetry. I have always said this as you know. But it sounds like they are getting closer, from your comments. Not sure what all of those names are though, without pics.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:05 pm

@Hurt MaGurt wrote:The maker of pcars dash said he will be making a new app for Project Cars 2 that will cover all the old data but also all the new information that the new game is putting out.

October...I run pCars Dash and Crew chief from the same tablet on UDP 4. Occasionally, like maybe once every 10 laps or so, the dash freezes for a few seconds but catches up quickly and all the data seems legit compared to the in game information.

Good stuff. Thanks. It may be my phone, since it's ancient and full. I will try 4, but 5 and 2 did not work. There is something like a 10 second delay every second. lol. In the ideal world, a phone app will Looking at telemetry is useless unless you can at least compare your own lap times in an overlay (not side by side). Better yet, compare other drivers. That's what professional teams do. Then you have to be educated on how to read it. Lap times, to me, are a bit boring and useless, although I know F1 loves that stuff. The ultimate in driver improvement would be a replay/telemetry overlay of one of your "good" laps vs. a "bad" one. Once you know how to read the telemetry, you can fix problems and discover how to improve like the pros.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-05-03
Country : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: Test 1 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Sign ups October 21

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum