by Zarf Today at 1:58 am

» DSRL RC: S4 Results, Standings and Discussion Thread
by Sloe Yesterday at 2:41 pm

» Indycar Oval year Saturday 16th of December 2017 Cancelled
by DSRLReadingRich Yesterday at 12:55 pm

» Greetings!
by FSarkis Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Series Rules

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Series Rules

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Here is all the lobby settings to set races to. So if you are lucky enough to be a host on race night then here is where to find all your settings.

Host Settings

Privacy: Private
Broadcast: Off
Wait for Race Ready Input: On

Realism Settings

Allow Auto Start Engine: Yes
Force Interior View: Yes
Force Driving Line Off: Yes
Force Default Settings: No
Force Manual Gears: Yes
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Allow Anti-lock Brakes: No
Allow Traction Control: No
Allow Stability Control: No
Collisions: Yes
Damage Type: Performance Impacting
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: No
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Pit Stop Errors: Yes
Tyre Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes
Force Cooldown Lap: Yes

Opponent Settings

Maximum Grid Size: 16
Maximum Human Opponents: 15
Fill with AI Opponents: No
Opponent: 0
Opponent Aggression: 0
Opponent Field Type: Same
Vehicle Classes: IndyCar

Rules & Regulations

Rules & Penalties: On
Track Limit Penalties: On
Allowable Time Penalty: 30
Drive-Through Penalties: On
Pit Exit Penalty: On
Competitive Racing License: On
Min. Competitive License Required: U1000

Vehicle Settings

Track Select

MUST be selected to that nights chosen track

Race Settings

Duration Type: Laps
Number of Laps: That nights selection
Date Type: Custom Date
Custom Date: That days date
Session Start: TBA
Time Progression: Real Time
Season: Depends on Race Date
Weather Slots: TBA
Weather Progression: Sync To Race, when more than 2 weather slots
Start Type: Rolling (Unless otherwise stated)
Formation Lap: No
Mandatory Pit Stop: No

Session Settings

Practice: On
Session start time 10:00
Session Duration 00:30

Qualifying: On
Session start time: 11:00
Session Duration: 00:40 (Last 10 mins no cars on track)

Last edited by DSRLReadingRich on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Back to top Go down

Re: Series Rules

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:41 pm

This looks great. It's harder core than 99% of the leagues out there. Love it! However, if there is no forced pit stop, and the distance or fuel or tire wear does not force a pit stop with compete certainty, this league will not be realistic. Real Indy car, as you know, requires both compounds. You can enforce that, but if you don't feel like it, a pit stop should not be optional. And I don't mean possible. It should not be possible. And I'd strongly urge both compounds be mandatory. Otherwise, it kills the realism.
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 pm

I’m not 100% sure if I can force both compounds and it would be hard to inforce it with out watching every race back from every car.
Turning tyre wear up could do it but much much longer race distances should do it I hope.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:29 pm

If the races are as long as real life, that should do it !!
We could always police ourselves.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:If the races are as long as real life, that should do it !!
We could always police ourselves.

Policing ourselves is all well and good but there will always be some one.
The races are either what IndyCar do or around 200 Miles for a road course. I think that averages out at 60 Laps a race give or take for track length.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Rich, the IndyCar in PC2 indicates both in the car description page and on the track (speedo) that the IndyCar has TC, ABS, and SC. It has none of them. There are also settings in the car to adjust traction control that are turned on.

Have you tested this? I think we would need to determine whether it's another bug (and there are no assists in reality) or whether we need to nix "realistic" and just ban the assists to force reality.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Yeah I don’t think there on as long as the setting are set to authentic.
Also on every car with TC etc all the icons show in the hud and I haven’t noticed any on the Indycar hud.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:25 pm

I'll check tonight. It certainly didn't feel like I had TC, but the setup adjustments being usable worry me.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:14 am

I’m still sure there not on. It’s a sheme that’s even a option to be honest.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:42 am

Rules & Regulations

Allowable Time Penalty: 5
Drive-Through Penalties: On

I have experienced massive bugs when pit stop errors and drive through penalties are on. I'm not sure that could be viable in a race. Here's why:

Corner cutting if drive through is ON is completely broken in the game. Instead of slowing you down, you have to slow yourself down, like Assetto, or you get dinged. If you get "X" number of second penalties (with 5 sec. you would get a drive through for 1-2 cuts), you get a drive trough and your race is over. That's not reality. That's not even close to reality. The most frustrating thing is...IndyCar doesn't care (on certain tracks) about track limits. They care about corner cutting (see Max) but even that was overlooked at Watkins Glen. They just said -- have at it. One reason I love them. They are all adults, the drivers.

Another example of the system ruining races is when a car goes off in front of you, you pass him, and then YOU get a warning saying to allow him back. Also, even of you are rammed in the side or the back, whether on purpose or not, you get faulted. Both drivers do, so the game is useless there. And if you have drive-through penalty ON, then these bugs and bad decisions will simply blow any on line race up. Corner cutting seems okay, since it's never perfect, but the others are simply broken. See here:  http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54187-Penalty-System-Bugged

So, it should read, IMO, like this:

Rules & Regulations

Allowable Time Penalty: 30
Drive-Through Penalties: Off
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:45 am

I’ve never had a problem with the drive through penalties so far apart from getting a couple.
The contact is a issue but to be honest the damage setting now is more like the old “full” setting and the debris can cause massive damage to others cars.
It’s a hard one with the rules. We can’t presume everyone who raced last time will race again this time so with out vetting everyone who says they want in we need use the system as much as possible.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:37 am

I hope there are plenty of practice races then. Don't say I didn't warn you. Very Happy

Corner cutting involves "giving a place back" even if the faulted car caused you to miss the Apex. This is turn creates a snowball effect, in that the "drive-through" number (the 5-30 option under the drive through setting) gives you 5-30 seconds to give the position back, even if there isn't a car within a mile of you. So, if you set it on "5", you will get a drive-through, because most times it's an impossibility. In my test, there wasn't a car even close, so I had to wait approximately 20 seconds to let a car pass...which would have been impossible if the allowable time was set to "5" since no car could pass, even if I was standing still. The "return the position" bug is a complete game breaker. Here is an example of the "phantom advantage" bug:

And this poor guy got a drive through because he was rammed off the track by the rear bumper of a car careening back onto the track.

Also, 80% of the races I have raced in on line have given me some sort of "battery issue" or other nonsense. This is the "pit stop error" option which is divorced from reality. The only redeeming part is that we all get screwed equally. And, after all, failures happen, but not nearly that often.

The "contact warning" happened six times in my test race after I was tagged in the rear by another car. I managed to get that scenario about 3-4 times, and no drive through, thankfully. Both cars, regardless of who hits who, get the warning.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 am

After further testing, the "collision warning" penalties don't seem to every give you a drive through, which is good. But the "Allowable time penalty" for corner cutting is deceptive. It's the amount of time that you have to slow yourself down OR let the other car pass (unless there is no other car), so 5 secs. will wreak havoc. 30 seconds is okay, but if drive troughs are not eliminated, and there is no car that you passed or even were near, it won't matter how much time you get...it's drive through time.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:53 am

I do see your point with the corner cutting/ slow down/drive through penalty problem but the trouble is if it’s turned off some one will take the absolute mick with track limits.
And that’s going to be really hard to police.
As found out on Sundays self policing doesn’t always work.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:43 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:I do see your point with the corner cutting/ slow down/drive through penalty problem but the trouble is if it’s turned off some one will take the absolute mick with track limits.

Yea, I get that. We struggle with that all the time. And you are right, there is a tendency to not want to be "the snitch" or get caught singing when you do it too. But PC2 also gives anyone the ability to find out for sure, even without a complaint. There may be a record of warnings, like F1, but I'm not sure.

Rich, the corner cutting is still punished, even if you turn OFF the drive thru penalties. I was asked to slow down every time I cut one, and if I cut one really bad I was given a time penalty ranging from 5-50 seconds based on the severity of the cut. So, turning off drive throughs only prevent the game from giving you a drive through (arguably, even IndyCar would never give you a time penalty for minor one off cuts and running wide...it's not F1, although that mentality is still there with these game makers). Drive through penalties also will end your race because someone shunted you off the track, but the driver who shunted you, if he stays on track, gets nothing.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:49 pm

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:
@DSRLReadingRich wrote:I do see your point with the corner cutting/ slow down/drive through penalty problem but the trouble is if it’s turned off some one will take the absolute mick with track limits.

Yea, I get that. We struggle with that all the time. And you are right, there is a tendency to not want to be "the snitch" or get caught singing when you do it too. But PC2 also gives anyone the ability to find out for sure, even without a complaint. There may be a record of warnings, like F1, but I'm not sure.

Rich, the corner cutting is still punished, even if you turn OFF the drive thru penalties. I was asked to slow down every time I cut one, and if I cut one really bad I was given a time penalty ranging from 5-50 seconds based on the severity of the cut. So, turning off drive throughs only prevent the game from giving you a drive through (arguably, even IndyCar would never give you a time penalty for minor one off cuts and running wide...it's not F1, although that mentality is still there with these game makers). Drive through penalties also will end your race because someone shunted you off the track, but the driver who shunted you, if he stays on track, gets nothing.

Ok I’m off work Wednesday and Thursday so I’ll have a play around then, turning the DT off seems a reasonable trade off.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:53 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@OctoberDusk06 wrote:

I think so. If you don't, there will be a lot of pissed off drivers. Surprised

Ok I’m off work Wednesday and Thursday so I’ll have a play around then, turning the DT off seems a reasonable trade off.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:02 am

It would be helpful if more people would turn up to test and put some input forward as well.
In a lot of cases and not just in Project Cars 2 AI acts totally differently in different Scenarios and track behaviour is the same.
Still your feed back is more than welcome mate.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:59 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:It would be helpful if more people would turn up to test and put some input forward as well.
In a lot of cases and not just in Project Cars 2 AI acts totally differently in different   Scenarios  and track behaviour is the same.
Still your feed back is more than welcome mate.

I just wish more people played in multiplayer all the time (the allure of career is too much, which is why my rating is still U1500). It's not just A.I. that make the game different, it's also SP vs. MP. For instance, the tire temps are unraceable @Indy in SP, but are perfectly fine in MP. I feel for you though. Peter and I ran the very first Project Cars league shortly after it came out. The first few races were a complete disaster, but we learned so much. You just have to be flexible, because the game *will* fail unless they fix it. Problem is, you never know what's broken. Another example -- in F1, I found the exploding tire wall bug early, and Peter reported it, and the Codies actually addressed it, because it's a game breaker. Why SMS didn't beta this game with the CONSOLE community is a mystery. People now just assume they have things to hide. By the way, I always play in Multiplayer, since you can do it by yourself. I don't care about career.

However, the penalty system, unless something is patched, is broken. I don't remember drive throughs being a part of PC1. Maybe on the start? That's fine, but I think they tried to fold the same punishment (D/T) into both the corner cutting and the "contact" penalty. Too bad you can't toggle the penalty on or off for each circumstance.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 pm

It wasn’t in Pcars 1 completely a new game element.
As I said before if more people would test it would be so much better but the people only want GT3 if the online lobbies are any thing to go by.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:01 pm

I'll do what I can to test. Available on Saturdays and anyone can grab me on line.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm

I may be picking the game up sooner than expected now. With a lot of family stuff going on of late the problems with the game meant I was reluctant to get it as I could not spend any time on it to try to get it in a state that I was happy with. But I may be able to pick it up at almost half-price shortly so that being the case will likely take the plunge and grab it albeit not the digital version which was my preference.
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:45 pm

I’m old school and like my hard copy. Be great to have you on though mate

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:20 am

Yeah I always did prefer having the actual disc copy.. liked having the collection lol But just being able to fire up the game without messing about with swapping discs has been nice with several games that I have digitally. Plus, no chance of disc misfires which I had a few times with games over the years.

I'll let you know when I am up and running.
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:31 am

@Hammerpgh wrote:Yeah I always did prefer having the actual disc copy.. liked having the collection lol But just being able to fire up the game without messing about with swapping discs has been nice with several games that I have digitally. Plus, no chance of disc misfires which I had a few times with games over the years.

I'll let you know when I am up and running.

I learnt the hard way with some epic PC failures killing my iTunes collection off. For some reason in the early days of digital music if your PC died iTunes didn’t always recognise that you’d purchased some music which was a pain to short out. Though I would say they were very helpful.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top