Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Laguna Seca - Round 3 Tier 1&2 Sign In/Out
by HateWorldWide Today at 1:38 pm

» Photo's / Images
by Zarf Today at 1:58 am

» DSRL RC: S4 Results, Standings and Discussion Thread
by Sloe Yesterday at 2:41 pm

» Indycar Oval year Saturday 16th of December 2017 Cancelled
by DSRLReadingRich Yesterday at 12:55 pm

» Greetings!
by FSarkis Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:32 pm

CALENDAR

Please note time of day setting will be as advised. (Except Oval night race, time to be confirmed)
Practice: 10:00
Qualifying: 11:00
Race: 13:00

Weather will be confirmed for each session the Friday before the event around 19:30 GMT
Ovals will always be dry even if real world weather is wet.

Jan
13th Daytona Road.       60 Laps
27th Willow Springs GP  80 Laps

Feb
10th Daytona 300 (oval).  120 Laps
24th Laguna Seca   62 Laps

March
10th Sonoma GP. 80 Laps
24th Fuji GP.  55 Laps

April
7th Long Beach GP.  85 Laps
21st Texas 600 KM (oval)   250 Laps/ 600 Kilometres

May
5th Silverstone GP. 56 Laps
18th Indianapolis Road   85 Laps
26th Indy 500 qualifying

June
1st Indy 500 (oval) 200 Laps/ 500 Miles
16th Hockenhiem Classic. 50 Laps
30th Nurburgring GP   65 Laps

July
14th Monza GP. 56 Laps
28th TBC

August
11th Barcelona GP

Summer Rest (subject to community approval)

September
8th Texas 300M (oval) 201 Laps/300 Miles. (Night Race)
22nd Road America   55 Laps

October
6th Circuit of the Americas GP.  60 Laps
20th Watkins Glen GP    60 Laps

(To Be Continued due to any DLC the regular IndyCar community would like in the series)





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:22 am

"21st Texas 600 KM (oval) 250 Laps/ 600 Kilometres "

If you said "how many kilometers to the store?" in Texas, they would look at you cockeyed and say "Son, I don't know who you are plannin on killin, but you best go back inside and lay off the sauce."
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:43 am

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:"21st Texas 600 KM (oval)   250 Laps/ 600 Kilometres "

If you said "how many kilometers to the store?" in Texas, they would look at you cockeyed and say "Son, I don't know who you are plannin on killin, but you best go back inside and lay off the sauce."

LOL, I got the idea from Gateway I think it was (can’t remember off the top of my head) who had a 500 K race.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@OctoberDusk06 wrote:"21st Texas 600 KM (oval)   250 Laps/ 600 Kilometres "

If you said "how many kilometers to the store?" in Texas, they would look at you cockeyed and say "Son, I don't know who you are plannin on killin, but you best go back inside and lay off the sauce."

LOL, I got the idea from Gateway I think it was (can’t remember off the top of my head) who had a 500 K race.

Yea, lol, I think NASCAR pulls that stuff on the lower tiers to get cute on the shorter distances.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:07 am

Are we going off the actual weather at the track, time of the event? Or some random generator? If not actual, why the late announcement if real life teams will generally know what's coming and practice for it? What about date of race. This is critical for practice too. I didn't think it was the day of race because it's winter, but now I see you may have cleverly crafted the tracks to all be warm for their date! Except it might be snowing at the last race. lol.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:36 am

The plan is to have use the real world date like we did last year. Weather is called on a Friday because I’m on lates the week before and it’s the easiest time for me to call it. Though I may put a link up to a weather service so you guys can keep an eye on it. But the ultimate call is the admin/host. The side to this is it adds potential for a surprise.
As the calendar is provisional the room to move races around. As you’ve seen I’ve tried to keep the warmer locations at the front end of the series. As for Watkins Glen it could be move to a earlier date in exchange for Sonoma. This was part of the reason for doing testing to allow us(me) to get used to how the different in game systems work.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by MichaeI Watts on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Actually NASCAR Monster Energy Series has a 500Km race at Pheonix, and next year a 500KM race at Charlotte Roval.
avatar
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

Posts : 116
Join date : 2016-09-08
Location : Columbia, SC

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 pm

@MichaeI Watts wrote:Actually NASCAR Monster Energy Series has a 500Km race at Pheonix, and next year a 500KM race at Charlotte Roval.

They do it in Phoenix for the same reason -- to keep the drivers in the car for shorter periods w/o giving up the appearance of tradition, which they have all but abandoned.

First I heard of the Charlotte Roval. NO comment.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by MichaeI Watts on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Yep well like you said it's because they're contractually required to run the Bank Of America 500. On an Oval that's 334 laps but they changed the fall race to a Roadcourse that will now take 4 hours to complete 500Km
avatar
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

Posts : 116
Join date : 2016-09-08
Location : Columbia, SC

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 pm

We shouldn’t judge the UK and US are about the only two countries left that use miles.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 pm

@MichaeI Watts wrote:Yep well like you said it's because they're contractually required to run the Bank Of America 500. On an Oval that's 334 laps but they changed the fall race to a Roadcourse that will now take 4 hours to complete 500Km

Since the hole “stage” thing came in I haven’t really followed NASCAR too much. It just feels like giving out prizes for the sake of it.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:06 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:We shouldn’t judge the UK and US are about the only two countries left that use miles.

I'll judge. The metric system is boring, universally made, loved only by scientists, and has zero tie to any cultural significance (like an inch is the length of your lower thumb digit). The metric system was forced on us by government. The rest of the world is wrong. And it would not be the first time.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:15 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@MichaeI Watts wrote:Yep well like you said it's because they're contractually required to run the Bank Of America 500. On an Oval that's 334 laps but they changed the fall race to a Roadcourse that will now take 4 hours to complete 500Km

Since the hole “stage” thing came in I haven’t really followed NASCAR too much. It just feels like giving out prizes for the sake of it.

You followed it before the stage stuff? Hard Core. NASCAR stopped being credible for me after Dale Sr. died. But they are trying nowadays since only loss of money motivates them. The reason I like the stages is odd. I was born in NASCAR country, and loved it in the early 90s. But then, France et al. decided to abandon the base by worshiping greed over tradition. The western expansion and the McOvals were a huge part of their problems. Then, they started simply rigging races. Only large teams won. Before a driver was hired they had to be "slick" with the media (the most beloved drivers were not). And they threw cautions under the pretext of hot dog wrappers. I was following them again this year until I saw they were still up to their shenanigans at the end of races via yellow flag engineering. It's going to take a while to break them of that habit, since their default position is to engineer a show instead of sanction a race, but the stages, oddly enough, limit their temptation.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 pm

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:
@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@MichaeI Watts wrote:Yep well like you said it's because they're contractually required to run the Bank Of America 500. On an Oval that's 334 laps but they changed the fall race to a Roadcourse that will now take 4 hours to complete 500Km

Since the hole “stage” thing came in I haven’t really followed NASCAR too much. It just feels like giving out prizes for the sake of it.

You followed it before the stage stuff? Hard Core. NASCAR stopped being credible for me after Dale Sr. died. But they are trying nowadays since only loss of money motivates them. The reason I like the stages is odd. I was born in NASCAR country, and loved it in the early 90s. But then, France et al. decided to abandon the base by worshiping greed over tradition. The western expansion and the McOvals were a huge part of their problems. Then, they started simply rigging races. Only large teams won. Before a driver was hired they had to be "slick" with the media (the most beloved drivers were not). And they threw cautions under the pretext of hot dog wrappers. I was following them again this year until I saw they were still up to their shenanigans at the end of races via yellow flag engineering. It's going to take a while to break them of that habit, since their default position is to engineer a show instead of sanction a race, but the stages, oddly enough, limit their temptation.

It’s certainly not what it was





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Martinsville is this weekend and the short tracks are what keep me watching. They are so unusual and unique (I think they get down to highway speed for the turns and the track is only .5 mile and flat) that NASCAR can't screw them up but so much. May be the best shot for Dale Jr. to win.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:13 am

We only get selected races in a semi highlights package. Again a year or so ago it was all live on one channel or another and was popular so NASCAR sold the rights to BT who ruined the coverage.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:17 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:We only get selected races in a semi highlights package. Again a year or so ago it was all live on one channel or another and was popular so NASCAR sold the rights to BT who ruined the coverage.

Dang. BT sounds bad. lol.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:20 am

Tip:  Anyone who wants free live and archived racing for all series' - get Kodi. All you need (at least here) is a Firestick and off you go. Figure it out on the net, then get a VPN if you fear reprisals (although it's legal). It's nirvana. Best thing that ever happened to TV. You aren't going to get lag free, no buffer, 1080p like cable, but you get a decent picture live...enough to enjoy it...and you can watch any race in the world, live, or when ever you want later. Free. The replays are generally HD and even 4K for movies. It's got almost all the content in the world. Eric (McNasty) turned me on to it.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:51 am

To be honest with working different shifts every week some Sundays I wouldn’t be able to stay up to watch it live any way so the IndyCar YouTube channel as live work really well for me.
I also like getting the US commentary, I’m the same with DTM I watch that in German (it’s amazing how much you pick up and how quickly you understand what there on about) it just seems more authentic.
BTs not bad it’s just they have you by the nuts if you want to watch certain things you gotta pay. In the uk we have a system of the seller is alway right.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:07 am

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:To be honest with working different shifts every week some Sundays I wouldn’t be able to stay up to watch it live any way so the IndyCar YouTube channel as live work really well for me.
I also like getting the US commentary, I’m the same with DTM I watch that in German (it’s amazing how much you pick up and how quickly you understand what there on about) it just seems more authentic.
BTs not bad it’s just they have you by the nuts if you want to watch certain things you gotta pay. In the uk we have a system of the seller is alway right.

Man after my own heart. I watch Sky not because I like the commentators they have in F1, but because that's where the sport lives and their access is second to none, even if they hide stuff for the man who pays them. I agree...Paul Tracy may the the world's best color man at this point. I didn't like Townsend Bell very much to start, but he's really growing on me. Now, if we could only get him to stay out of the 500. lol.

German. Sehr gut. Ich kan ein bischien Deutch sprechen. Spent a semester there. Loved it. They would have to swear a lot for me to understand them.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:12 am

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:
@DSRLReadingRich wrote:To be honest with working different shifts every week some Sundays I wouldn’t be able to stay up to watch it live any way so the IndyCar YouTube channel as live work really well for me.
I also like getting the US commentary, I’m the same with DTM I watch that in German (it’s amazing how much you pick up and how quickly you understand what there on about) it just seems more authentic.
BTs not bad it’s just they have you by the nuts if you want to watch certain things you gotta pay. In the uk we have a system of the seller is alway right.

Man after my own heart. I watch Sky not because I like the commentators they have in F1, but because that's where the sport lives and their access is second to none, even if they hide stuff for the man who pays them. I agree...Paul Tracy may the the world's best color man at this point. I didn't like Townsend Bell very much to start, but he's really growing on me. Now, if we could only get him to stay out of the 500. lol.

German. Sehr gut. Ich kan ein bischien Deutch sprechen. Spent a semester there. Loved it. They would have to swear a lot for me to understand them.

To be honest modern German has a uses a lot of English so between that and my wife speaks really really good German so she fills in anything I don’t get.
I’d like to see Martin Brundel and Robin Miller do a grid walk together, I think that would be pretty funny.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:06 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@OctoberDusk06 wrote:
@DSRLReadingRich wrote:To be honest with working different shifts every week some Sundays I wouldn’t be able to stay up to watch it live any way so the IndyCar YouTube channel as live work really well for me.
I also like getting the US commentary, I’m the same with DTM I watch that in German (it’s amazing how much you pick up and how quickly you understand what there on about) it just seems more authentic.
BTs not bad it’s just they have you by the nuts if you want to watch certain things you gotta pay. In the uk we have a system of the seller is alway right.

Man after my own heart. I watch Sky not because I like the commentators they have in F1, but because that's where the sport lives and their access is second to none, even if they hide stuff for the man who pays them. I agree...Paul Tracy may the the world's best color man at this point. I didn't like Townsend Bell very much to start, but he's really growing on me. Now, if we could only get him to stay out of the 500. lol.

German. Sehr gut. Ich kan ein bischien Deutch sprechen. Spent a semester there. Loved it. They would have to swear a lot for me to understand them.

To be honest modern German has a uses a lot of English so between that and my wife speaks really really good German so she fills in anything I don’t get.
I’d like to see Martin Brundel and Robin Miller do a grid walk together, I think that would be pretty funny.

The best grid guy I have ever seen was Dave DeSpain. Anyone remember him? He knew all things motorsport. Thats' how it used to be back then...everyone was not so segregated in their own favorite sport. Second favorite was Peter Windsor. He seemed to know *everyone* in F1 and was so so knowledgable. He worked for NBC back before the current dolt. Brundle? Ehhhh. No comment. Robin Miller? Another hero.

German is not that easy to learn. It's easier than English, and it's not that bad just conversationally, but, wow, when you get to the hard stuff and writing it, it's not Spanish. lol. I like how they mash words together to make massive words like Rheinheitsbebot and Aufgangplatz. I did learn fairly quickly that although Schweinhund (pig dog) sounded funny to me, it was not funny to them.
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Lol.
I can not stand Peter Windsor never has there been a more arrogant, self important pompous old get chatting rubbish on telly talking about motorsport (other than who ever is currently in charge at Ferrari).
Even his voice grates me.





IndyCar Organiser
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Posts : 764
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by EpilepticToast on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:58 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:Lol.
I can not stand Peter Windsor never has there been a more arrogant, self important pompous old get chatting rubbish on telly talking about motorsport (other than who ever is currently in charge at Ferrari).
Even his voice grates me.
I can't stand Peter Windsor or Robin Miller lol Both very annoying to listen to, although they do know their shit




DSRL Rally Championship Coordinator
DSRL RC: S3 Champion
DSRL RC: S2 Champion
GT3 Endurance (Division 1) Champion  
DSRL RC: S1 (FWD Class) Champion
Formula Gulf Champion
Global GT1 (Division 1) Champion

avatar
EpilepticToast
Six Time Champion

Posts : 493
Join date : 2016-06-03
Location : Toronto, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:42 am

Peter Windsor is a true race fan and driver, unlike 90% of the media.

There is nothing more phony in racing than F1. There is nothing more phony on TV than network coverage...Sky, NBC, ESPN, etc. When the two are combined, it's agony.

Windsor, Matchett, Crofty, and DiResta would be my F1 dream team, but the real "dream" is probably nowhere near a mic. Also, Sky covers up, edits, misdirects, and omits facts all the time, if they aren't "a good look" for F1. They are the sports version of CNN's political coverage, lol. They have great access but zero journalism. Even that dolt Will Buxton is getting podium interviews now. Don't bother hiring someone they want to talk to NBC. lol.

IndyCar is in a different league, because they aren't TV Nazis like F1 and NASCAR. And the coverage generally questions calls, drivers, teams, and IndyCar itself. Robin Miller knows more about open wheel racing that you or I will ever forget.

Racing dream team? Paul DiResta, Dave DeSpain (the best pit reporter ever), Darrell Waltrip, and Bob Varsha (the best announcer ever, because he knows racing as well as a driver). There is something for everyone there, without compromising quality.

Need a spot for Paul Tracy, though, as he's quickly becoming a modern day favorite like DiResta. Tracy is a throwback. DiResta will be good until Sky tells him to "get in line."
avatar
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

Posts : 176
Join date : 2016-05-03
Location : North Carolina, USA

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge calendar (Provisional)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum