I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

The DEDICATED SIM RACING LEAGUE!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The DEDICATED SIM RACING LEAGUE!!!!!

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:44 am

The Dedicated Sim Racing League has one objective! To bring our members the best possible SIM racing experience!

What I wanted to provide when I setup this website was somewhere that anyone can feel comfortable and enjoy what is a hobby for all of us. Pushing for that better laptime. Pushing for that better starting position. Climbing up that grid and feeling nothing but satisfaction with their efforts.

Recently there have been some comments made that makes me feel that we have slightly lost our way with the experience and enjoyment that we provide to our members. Members have felt that they have needed to leave the site for reasons that should never of been a factor. I am deeply sorry to those members who have left and sorry to anyone who is still an active member that feels similarly.

We now have a large community that is now spreading over a few games and there is a wide range of abilities over all those games. There are guys who are always near the front and there are guys near the back. But at no stage should there be any reason for anyone to feel that they are not an important member. You all are! From guys who have been here for 18+ months now to guys who have only just joined.

There have been some concerns over the attitude of certain members who feel that they have a right to 'bully' other drivers either off the track or with comments made over XBOX LIVE chat. This is not acceptable! We are all here to enjoy ourselves, not just the ones at the front. If you have been at that receiving end then I apologise from the bottom of my heart.

Some of this has come from, I believe, the introduction of our division system on our Project Cars series. Although it has brought together drivers of similar abilities, it has created a divide into the community. This cannot happen!

So with that, a few changes MUST come into affect.

Firstly, during official practice, qualifying and race sessions. Chat must be kept to an absolute minimum. The only time that chat will be acceptable will be to inform other drivers of potential hazzards, i.e. driver leaving pits, driver spinning at turn... during practice and qualifying. During races it will be kept to just information from the Race host during formation laps, race starts calling 'Green Green Green' and to warn other drivers of any potential hazards. Calling where a driver is in relation to another driver, i.e. 'On your inside' is now BANNED. We all have mirrors and have the ability to make a judgement in how to position the car. Small comments during these sessions may be accepted but if it starts to get of hand, the race hosts will put a stop to it.

Secondly, the division system is to disappear. It has only created more issues than it has solved. We will return to either a qualifying session at 8pm sharp on a Sunday night to compete to a position in either the A final, B final or C final etc.  The other alternative will be a race series where entries will be limited to just 16 with a reserve list.

If you have ANY issues that you would feel needs to be looked at then PLEASE send a clip to the Staff. In the heat of the moment, I know you want to get going again, but it only takes a few seconds to record a 30 second clip. If we get nothing, then we will do nothing I we didn't see it at the time.

Myself and the Staff will really be clamping down on people chatting s**t to other drivers about their abilities or their speed. We are all here to improve and get faster, not just the quickest guys. It takes a tremendous amount of focus for everyone on track, whether they are doing laps in 1:44 or 1:50. Offenders who abuse this WILL incur a site ban. It will not be tolerated.

In hope in due course this does not affect the enjoyment that our current members are having but I feel this is now the only route we can go down. If there is anything that you want to talk to either me or one of the other Staff then please PM us on here or speak to on XBOX Live.

See you on track!
Webbers

Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The DEDICATED SIM RACING LEAGUE!!!!!

Post by DSRL McDuff on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Read and understood! McDuff elephant

DSRL Dirt Rally Co Co-Ordinator
DSRL Assetto Corsa Co-Ordinator
DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
Resident turn 1 gravel trap inspector..... elephant
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Copy that.
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DynoMight Racing on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Good Stuff Webbers!
DynoMight Racing
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stonedstig on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:39 am

stonedstig
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:58 am

Copy that.
Shneeb108
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunt04 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:59 am

Great news. Glad to hear you guys are headed in this direction and I'm looking forward to it. Read and understood.
Chunt04
Rookie Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper Nuts08 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Havent been able to race for a while boys but i should be back in a few weeks,I agree with everything said Webbers and you have my support
Copper Nuts08
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Spot on Webbers I'm with you Very Happy
micko39
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top