I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

RIP Porsche LMP1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIP Porsche LMP1

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Porsche Exits LMP1

Sad to see Porsche leaving LMP1. Hopefully the FIA/ACO comes around and lets DPIs into Le Mans. Hopefully we get a Porsche DPI!
Hurt MaGurt
DSRL Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Porsche LMP1

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:07 pm

I think it RIP LMP1 as we see it now and I really don't see a German DPI any time soon probably not even a European one as European car makers are now obsessed with the major "Green" pill the EV's are claiming to be. That said it's quite possible that the FIA/ACO will go cap in hand to IMSA and open P1 up to DPI and I think Ginetta and Dallara would welcome this as from what I've read both there cars can be made DPI compatible and even use multiple different engines.

There is also another angle to look at.
Both F1 and the WEC have put all ther stock into high-end extremely high cost Hybrid tech with in both cases has proven to be extremely complex and unreliable.
Formula E needs to become very careful that there not just moving this problem from one(two) series over to there's.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top