I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Standings & Results, DSRL 2nd Dirt Rally Championship Updated. SEASON COMPLETED!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Standings & Results, DSRL 2nd Dirt Rally Championship Updated. SEASON COMPLETED!

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 am

Last edited by DSRL McDuff on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

DSRL Dirt Rally Co Co-Ordinator
DSRL Assetto Corsa Co-Ordinator
DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
Resident turn 1 gravel trap inspector..... elephant
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Standings & Results, DSRL 2nd Dirt Rally Championship Updated. SEASON COMPLETED!

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 am

Ladies and Gentlemunz, Round 1 results are in. Congratulations to all those that survived to the end.

Round 1 Honours go to Epileptic Toast, RC NewQX and RC Waltcynt. Great efforts Gents but you all missed out on additional points, could you rue skipping the timing card hand in (after the power stage) at the end of the season???

Only 4 of 20 entrants submitted a Power stage time so a few surprise points have been earned out there! Congrats to those who got their admin right!

Please revisit the sign up page and ensure you are clear on rules etc.

On a personal note I didn't even make it out the Service Park with the mini due to a catastrophic power steering failure. The faulty coponents have been removed from the car and will be in a box on the way to france for repairs today!

Sloe Gambled with the structural integrity of his ride in Sweden, chosing to see if roof sliding was faster than drifting Wink

Big D didn't enjoy the nasty slippy stuff, heres hoping that's his bogey round out of the way.

Epileptic Toast opted to disguise his Japanese bullet train as a vw polo....

Two unregistered entries have appeared in Racenet. They can join in the fun under Rally 2 conditions but will not feature in our championship unless a registration is received. Points for them will only be obtainable after that point.

And that's that. Time to drop the coilovers and slap on the big stickys!!!! Oh and get your high beams bolted on. See you in Germany folks!

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Standings & Results, DSRL 2nd Dirt Rally Championship Updated. SEASON COMPLETED!

Post by DSRL McDuff on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Well well well. Got the steering issue patched up for now. Volleyed the Mini in to Round 2, Germany and within 8 note calls I had clipped a concrete block and tore the rubber off the rear right and no doubt bent something. It always hurts more when it's the tiniest scuff of something you've passed 100 times before. Anyways lost About 2 mins with the ensuing understeer and then whee change. Hammered back on with it but was trying to hard to make up time and dropped the front right in to a bank, clipped another cube and the front left gone got punctured. Oh well, no spare, so just booted it to the checkpoint. The rubber literally fell off as we caught sight of the timing beams.
After that it was damage limitation. Had an odd flying moment going through the wooded downhill section of 2. More damage. Needless to say the power stage was done with a much shortened final drive to make up for that big glowing engine management warning light!!! Still. Made it to the end at the first attempt. Enjoyed my first proper competitive outing in the mini. It's a bit light at the front and clip happy at the back, but looking forward to the rest of the season in it.
Hope everyone is enjoying the format and conditions so far! Smile

I will be keeping this as the only thread for the season, so all rallies can be discussed here and updates will be live in the tables above within 48 hrs of Rally end.

Be safe, pilots and pugilists!

McDuff elephant

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Gous on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:20 pm

The next event already running? I didn't know it. I'll get to it tonight. Lol. Nice, steady and slow as always. Waiting for the quick guys to make a mistake.
Melvin Gous
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Mate you won the power stage in Sweden! The events are running back to back this time out as its shorter rounds and less entrants.

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Gous on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Hahaha. Nice but I reckon there was quite a few retirements. I'll be on the second round tonight.
Melvin Gous
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Nope, only 3 retirements/ no starts. Only 4 submissions for power stage though. Will be tougher this time out I think.

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:19 am

Round 2, Germany.

I really enjoyed these stages, flat out from the off, only for a Hinkelstein to jump out in front of me on SS2.

A few overshoots and a couple of spins later and I was settled in to the car and conditions.
Then, due to the earlier incident the car started to overheat so I nursed it back to service where she was given some tlc to make it to the end.
Not good enough though as I had a misfire and was down on power.

I still pushed hard to the end and came away happy enough with my stage times.
Sloe
Rookie Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 pm

STANDINGS UPDATED for Round 2 Germany.

Well thats the fast sticky one out the way. Personally, having lost 2 minutes after ripping a tyre off on one of those stupid hidden minecraft cubes made of obsidian or some other immovable force my potential p5 ended up P13..... Mainly because I over drove the knackers off of the bulbous Mini! But I dont even care because I really enjoyed doing all that at night Very Happy

I see i am also not the only one who ate bollard? Please post your Rally/ Season updates here in this thread Wink

And lookey! Melvin steals another 3 points from the power stage. These top 4 guys really are throwing away free points with poor rally etiquette! Still, their loss, our gain as they say.
Kudos also goes to FrickinLazerBeam for his power stage points, and to Malarkey for being Mr Consistency!

Congrats are definitely in order to RallyMan vw. Check out the top 4 times on Racenet! Those boys needed a scalpel to separate their times!

So on to Finland. Use those brakes boys. Sure Finland is fast, but she bites.... HARD!!!!! Keep it on the grey stuff, leaving the Flying to the RAF!!!!
Best of luck!

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Gous on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:50 am

Germany sure was a tricky one. I just stayed on the road and tried to keep it clean. Don't know where you guys get the times from. I feel like I was quite fast then end up being minutes of pace. Well done to fellas. I can't keep up. Happy with another 3 points from the power stage though. Will start Finland tonight. Not gonna take any chances here as I would like to leave all the trees and scenery intact. Hopefully score some more valuable points again. Enjoying this championship a lot.
Melvin Gous
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

unofficial standings

Post by FSarkis on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:30 pm

So here´s my contribution! pirat Very Happy
FSarkis
Am Driver

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/trasher102

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:19 pm

I don't get it? Is the season standings table not working for you?

*edit* ah wait i see.... OK so do you know the formula to use to move entire lines based on total points then? I couldn't gfigure it out for s**t!

Last edited by DSRL McDuff on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:38 pm

@FSarkis wrote:So here´s my contribution! pirat Very Happy
)

This is is easier to read, as it's in decending order. The original has the sme info, just harder to decipher overall positions.
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:50 pm

@Rebel Whitey wrote:
@FSarkis wrote:So here´s my contribution! pirat Very Happy
)

This is is easier to read, as it's in decending order.  The  original has the sme info, just harder to decipher overall positions.

Its a good overview of the events so far, I agree.
Ive made a scoring table to help you track your results over the season. Unfortunately i dont know how to move whole lines based on a rolling points tally. Not even sure its possible (im sure it is somehow, but Im no Harry Potter)

Also doing the scores in order from scratch every week is a main in the moobs. Learned that from season 1.

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FSarkis on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Hey McDuff sorry for the inconvenience LoL

I just thought it was easier to see the results in descending order.

Do u want me to send u the original file? So u can work on it?
FSarkis
Am Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 pm

No inconvenience at all duder. All help is always much appreciated! Did you do it using a formula or is it just rewritten?

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FSarkis on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:35 am

cheers

I actually rewrote it all using the Microsoft Excel® 2016...
FSarkis
Am Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Fricknlazerbeam on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:49 am

Aaah FINLAND, no better place to rally, except when you end over end roll in S1 then have a quick barrel roll in S2 followed by some spectator murdering & a multiple barrel roll in the same stage, S3 saw me take to the air again this time with a super stylee corkscrew roll back onto my wheels only to get a puncture for the last sector! Finally got through a stage without going upside down in S4. & finished off the powerstage with the most satisfying run of the rally, actually keeping all four wheels on the road for the distance. Great fun, sure I would've gone quicker with more than 1 run through the shakedown as practice, but i do love a bit of jeopardy Very Happy
Fricknlazerbeam
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:34 am

Aaaah Finland.

I love Finland but was caught out in the wet conditions of SS1. A big off early on left me with a puncture only to caught out again mid stage on a flat out crest put me into the trees. Another puncture! But had to struggle on Neutral

SS2, I didn`t do much better, having to limp back to service with a sick engine.

SS3, It was all to much it seems and the engine gave up. DNF.
Sloe
Rookie Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:47 am

Aaaah Finland, never got to grips with this one and crashed out on SS4 so DNF Embarassed

Last edited by DSRL McDuff on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the aaaah)
micko39
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:19 pm

My co-driver kept telling me, "Don't cut.", but I kept tempting fate. One too many dips in the ditch, and around and around I go. Luckily, I kept it out of the trees, and on all four throgh 3 stages. Going for it in Stage 4, wide open, 6th gear, barrel rolled, and lost the right rear. Limped to the service area, patched the Fiesta, and survived the Power Stage. Oh yeah, aaaaah Finland.
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Gous on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:32 am

Finland you wonderful thing. My roller coaster ride over the hills of Finland came to a sudden end in 6th gear flat against a big old fat tree. Had my fair share off tree hugging in one week so bring on the next one.
Melvin Gous
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Ahhhhhhhh Finland.....
I'll tell you my woes later, but for now
STANDINGS UPDATED

And also

I BLOODY SUSSED HOW TO MAKE THE TABLE SORT ITSELF INTO POINTS ORDER! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .... Unfortunately, the name column doesn't freeze upon publication, but at least I have worked tirelessly to try and appease your woes Very Happy

Congrats to all survivors, here's hoping Greece fares thee all well. We lost 1 3rd of entries to trees, rocks and nasty crests in finland... Greece doesn't have that... only viscious cliff drops!

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FSarkis on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:05 am

Putting the pieces together...

We’ve not had the start to the DSRL 2nd DR Championship that we wanted but we can take comfort from the performance of our Volkswagen Polo R WRC. We are in the most competitive shape we have ever been in – even if the results don’t necessarily show it yet.

“I am sure we will look back at the past three rounds as character-building for our team,” said FSarkis.

“We have crews who have shown their ability to fight for stage wins, we have a car that has potential to win rallies and we have the fighting spirit we need to succeed. The pieces of the puzzle are there,” summarized FSarkis.

LoL
FSarkis
Am Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:18 am

@FSarkis wrote:Putting the pieces together...

We’ve not had the start to the DSRL 2nd DR Championship that we wanted but we can take comfort from the performance of our Volkswagen Polo R WRC. We are in the most competitive shape we have ever been in – even if the results don’t necessarily show it yet.

“I am sure we will look back at the past three rounds as character-building for our team,” said FSarkis.

“We have crews who have shown their ability to fight for stage wins, we have a car that has potential to win rallies and we have the fighting spirit we need to succeed. The pieces of the puzzle are there,” summarized FSarkis.

LoL

Hah, that was Mint! Keep it up

DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next