Log in

I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:17 am




What a night but for all the wrong reasons.
It started off with struggling to hold a lobby with people dropping out left and right.
Then Infidel couldn't get his mic to work so he dropped out.
Then we qualified and all seemed ok before myself and a few other dashboarded I tried to start another lobby and then another and then another with all sorts of lobby issues.
Once the race started it was clear nearly everyone had been put on the wrong tyres and some had other "the car was not quite right" issues.
Shneeb had the worst of this with his set up completely out so left the race.
Once everything settled I had a crash happy event trying to chase the pack down just caused more issue so I eventually just settled for last and plodded along.
Role on Laguna Seca.

_________________
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
Championship Winner

Posts : 516
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 37
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:18 am

@Shneeb108 wrote:You started the lobby so quickly I couldn't load my tune , so it was better to quit because the car was not driving good enough to be safe in the race.
PCars should have done this and done that.... but it did NOT!


I'm sorry this effected your race it was not intended. After lots of dashboarding and troubles getting people back into lobbies I did ask everyone if they had the right car and I added a further 5 mins of warm up to check tunes and pit set ups. And even with this most if not all of us had some thing not quite right with the car.
Again I am very sorry that this effected your night.

_________________
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
Championship Winner

Posts : 516
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 37
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by Hammerpgh on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:34 am

Not your fault Rich,  just one of those things that pCars tends to throw our way for some reason. Ironically apart from the loss of FFB at the start of quali I had a trouble free night for a change.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 147
Join date : 2016-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sonoma GP

Post by Shneeb108 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:40 pm

@DSRLReadingRich wrote:
@Shneeb108 wrote:You started the lobby so quickly I couldn't load my tune , so it was better to quit because the car was not driving good enough to be safe in the race.
PCars should have done this and done that.... but it did NOT!


I'm sorry this effected your race it was not intended. After lots of dashboarding and troubles getting people back into lobbies I did ask everyone if they had the right car and I added a further 5 mins of warm up to check tunes and pit set ups. And even with this most if not all of us had some thing not quite right with the car.
Again I am very sorry that this effected your night.

Hopefully pCARS2 will fix this type of issue/s. Didn't get to run the race, but did learn a lot about the car on the way there.
avatar
Shneeb108
Am Driver

Posts : 48
Join date : 2017-05-22
Age : 63
Location : US, Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by Hammerpgh on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Here's my quali and race from last night.



I'll put together the whole race replay like Monza over the next day or so as soon as I get a chance to sit through it.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 147
Join date : 2016-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by niblips on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:55 pm

My coms were working well right up until the final lobby was started, after that i had no contact with anyone. This cause a bit of issue for me at the start of the race because i wasn't sure why we were setting up the grid with pole position on the opposite side. Then i couldn't hear when Toast was calling the start and lost out to Lemar bigtime. Was trying to catch them up so hard that on lap 2 i spun at the first right hander up the hill and lost position to 2 or 3 cars. It took a while to fight back into P3, and by then Toast and Lemar were 22 seconds up the road.

I setteled in to try and make up some time and set some pretty good laps. LEmar must have had an issue because i inherited P2 before the pit stop. And i had brought the gap down to about 16 seconds. But after that stop it went down hill a bit. I had a few offs, and a couple cut track penalties. One for avoiding a car that seemed parked on the second last corner (the fast one), and one in the same section that was probably uncalled for. At any rate, all these mistakes in the second half lead to Toast building the gap. The gap i had to P3 dwindled as well, but it was large enough that i wasn't worried about it too much.

The first half of the race was definitely better for me that the second half.

Question: Why to we do our own rolling start instead of just letting the game set the rolling start for us? In this event it meant the race went from a boarderline 2 stop to a definite one stop. It also causes the tyres to lose a lot of temperature on that slow lap, and that leads to spins and incidents on the first couple laps. Is there a bug with the game that makes us do this forced formation lap?

Here's my race video if anyone cares to watch it.

avatar
niblips
Am Driver

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:59 am

I have to agree with Karl. We have run many leagues with the game rolling start. It works perfectly. One of the few things that did in the beginning.

I thought the race was fun, as always, but the again, I was on reds! lol. I can explain that -- there is a bug in the game (we ran into it in FC here, or you should have) where if you do not at least go to track (and cement your setup by saving it again), then the game will default to the "standard" tire. In most cars, this is a soft tire, but in the IndyCar it's the Prime(hard). I think I was the only one who went out...but really, you don't even have to go to track...all you have to do is go to your setup in the garage and re-save it. I just assumed everyone did it, but apparently not. It's also a good idea to go out and test your wheel.

Here is my race. Had some great battles with Peter and LaMarrr, and a great defensive battle with Karl, until his speed finally got me. What really killed me this race was damage to my engine. It could only last about 20 mins, because I lowered the final drive,thinking I never got to 6th otherwise. Lesson learned. Don''t lower the gears in turbos. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0BVSwfGAhI
avatar
OctoberDusk06
Pro-Am Driver

Posts : 74
Join date : 2016-05-03
Age : 50
Location : North Carolina, USA

View user profile http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:43 pm

@niblips wrote:My coms were working well right up until the final lobby was started, after that i had no contact with anyone. This cause a bit of issue for me at the start of the race because i wasn't sure why we were setting up the grid with pole position on the opposite side. Then i couldn't hear when Toast was calling the start and lost out to Lemar bigtime. Was trying to catch them up so hard that on lap 2 i spun at the first right hander up the hill and lost position to 2 or 3 cars. It took a while to fight back into P3, and by then Toast and Lemar were 22 seconds up the road.

I setteled in to try and make up some time and set some pretty good laps. LEmar must have had an issue because i inherited P2 before the pit stop. And i had brought the gap down to about 16 seconds. But after that stop it went down hill a bit. I had a few offs, and a couple cut track penalties. One for avoiding a car that seemed parked on the second last corner (the fast one), and one in the same section that was probably uncalled for. At any rate, all these mistakes in the second half lead to Toast building the gap. The gap i had to P3 dwindled as well, but it was large enough that i wasn't worried about it too much.

The first half of the race was definitely better for me that the second half.

Question: Why to we do our own rolling start instead of just letting the game set the rolling start for us? In this event it meant the race went from a boarderline 2 stop to a definite one stop. It also causes the tyres to lose a lot of temperature on that slow lap, and that leads to spins and incidents on the first couple laps. Is there a bug with the game that makes us do this forced formation lap?

Here's my race video if anyone cares to watch it.


We did use in game rolling start to start with due to not losing racing time with a warm up lap. Trouble was some times it would fire people off into each other or all over the place so guys asked for us to revert to our Sunday system of a parade lap. In any case it would not have helped as we needed to form the grid for the last lobby as we'd already qualified.

_________________
avatar
DSRLReadingRich
Championship Winner

Posts : 516
Join date : 2016-01-21
Age : 37
Location : Calne Wilts via South Reading

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by Hammerpgh on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:59 pm

In addition I would have started about 4 or 5 races about half a lap down with the loss of FFB issue which has plagued me this season. The formation lap does at least allow anyone with this problem to reset their wheel and get back into position before the start. No idea why I have had it so much in this series but I sincerely hope it is fixed in pCars 2.
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 147
Join date : 2016-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by Lemarrrrrr on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Here's my race debriefing
avatar
Lemarrrrrr
Pro-Am Driver

Posts : 85
Join date : 2016-02-20
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by Hammerpgh on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 pm

@Lemarrrrrr wrote:Here's my race debriefing

Not much happened then Lemarrr Wink
avatar
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

Posts : 147
Join date : 2016-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by Lemarrrrrr on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:46 pm

@Hammerpgh wrote:
@Lemarrrrrr wrote:Here's my race debriefing

Not much happened then Lemarrr Wink

Not sure what happened there, I typed out a good debrief but it disappeared
avatar
Lemarrrrrr
Pro-Am Driver

Posts : 85
Join date : 2016-02-20
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IndyCar World Challenge Sonoma Raceway GP July 1st sign ups

Post by Lemarrrrrr on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Race Debrief mk 2 managed to jump Toast and Niblips at turn 2 after I got a great start, had a good fight with Toast for the lead and managed to keep him just out of overtaking range for 10 laps untill I had a minor off in turn 4, limped back to the pits for damage repairs and fit the proper tyres, rejoined in P6 and started pushing to regain some ground. Had another off in the chicane at the bottom of the hill and had to pit again. Running last I pushed hard again and had some great fights with October and Pete and finished in P4. Not quite the result I had hoped for but a thrilling and exciting race. I have to add that everybody who's taken part in this Championship has driven with courtesy, speed and provided a very high level of competition. Looking forward to Laguna and maybe I can finally secure the win that's been so elusive
avatar
Lemarrrrrr
Pro-Am Driver

Posts : 85
Join date : 2016-02-20
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum