by 3ddi3_94 Today at 1:32 am

» DSRL RC: S4 Results, Standings and Discussion Thread
by Sloe Yesterday at 2:41 pm

» Indycar Oval year Saturday 16th of December 2017 Cancelled
by DSRLReadingRich Yesterday at 12:55 pm

» Greetings!
by FSarkis Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 6: Le Mans Full (4th June)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 6: Le Mans Full (4th June)

Post by TM aidtheace on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Idiot Maybe
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Sign IN now CLOSED!
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 am

Thanks to everyone that turned up tonight and to those who made it to the end! Well done all!
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

LE Mans - The Story of my race...

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:08 am

I had never driven round Le Mans full circuit on PCars before Saturday. All my previous visits there(very few) had been on the Bugatti circuit. When practicing I like to have "multi class" opposition as it gives me the opportunity to pass other cars(something I rarely get to do). Anyhoo my first lap round the track was a 4.47!
The GT3 AI were doing 4.23 at this stage so I had plenty of work to do. A bit of tweeking and I was down to 4.30 and feeling quite chuffed...until I saw the AI were now doing 4.15. A lot more tweeking needed!

I went out for a lap in Time Trial to set a time so then I could pick a ghost about 5 secs faster to pull me along. My TT lap on my own was a 4.07? So I picked a guy who was at 4.00 and I did a 4.03 following that.

The car was pretty much sorted now(for me) so I decided to try and do some races (with just GT3's) to get an idea of tyre wear and fuel useage. The AI managed to sabotage most of these runs by crashing into me or pushing me off track into the walls! Cheating bstds them AI as they cut the chicanes really bad. I was now doing consistent 4.01's.

The one run that nearly went to plan was interrupted first by the xbox sound going crazy (so I had to mute it and drive in silence, which isn't easy) and then the thing crashed completely on the penultimate lap of my run.

So almost got an idea of fuel use (i did watch the guage for a lap to see how much was used on a lap)

I was thinking that I'd need to get under 4.00 to be anywhere near anybody else. So planned my race to make 2 stops to break up the monotomy of driving round on my own at the back.

In quali I only managed a 4.02 and Le Mundo was ahead of me with a 4.01. Needless to say I was surprised when it was announced we were 1 & 2 on the grid..

The race start was good and me and Le Mundo pulled away a little from the pack so it was clean through the first set of corners. coming onto the straight I was still right behind and I knew that the Mighty Merc was a beast down he long straight. Hitting 190mph before braking for the 1st chicane. I got past into the lead and stayed out in front till lap 11 when I had to come in for a pitstop. By then StevieLow had come through the pack and took over the lead. I still had good pace when I came out the pits in 2nd. I closed the gap a little then made a small mistake to open it back out again and so it went until Stevie made his pitstop giving me back the lead. I knew when he hadn't pitted earlier that this was going to be his only stop, so I tried to push to open up a gap (that didn't work as our pace was about the same at this point). I had to pit again so I made the (bad)decision to not change tyres to try and save some time in the pits - needn't have bothered - there was  problem with the battery on the car and it wouldn't start so the pitstop took ages anyway.
So I started the last 10 laps on half worn tyres and initially it was ok. Gaps to Stevie in front was staying constant and B1200 was 35 secs behind but gaining 10ths here and there so I thought ok we'll just manage that. Then the tyres just went over the edge and I couldn't stop into turn 1 - 5 sec penalty. Couldn't stop into one of the slow 1st gear corners - 5sec penalty. Couldn't stop into the chicane - off line spun on the way out, lost a couple more seconds. Couldn't stop into last chicane - 5 sec penalty. No grip going thru the fast corners at the end of the lap - slid into barrier = wonky steering, lost more time. Now I was just like a wounded animal being hunted down. Gap down to 2.5secs with 2 laps to go. Span coming out of the 2nd chicane on the main straight and it was gone..down to 3rd but still a good finish for me. + fastest lap of the race with a 4.00.838.

I'd like to thank the marshall at that 1st chicane on the main straight for staying at his post for the whole race as I was using him as a braking marker.
Also thanks to the popsters and rockers of the 80's & 90's for helping me keep my concentration during the race.

Well done to StevieLow for the win and B1200 for 2nd place and to all the finishers for getting to the end of a gruelling race.

Finally I'd like to dedicate my first "earned" podium to the memory of Nicky Hayden..MotoGP Legend, WSBK rider and all round nice guy. Sadly missed..RIP

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:33 am

Great little race re cap Gixer. Your practice on Saturday really paid dividends with your first podium. Even better was that it was on a double points race so you have climbed 4 places in the standings.

Keep up the good work lad!

The Dedicated Sim Racing League
DSRL Webbers88
Owner & Director

http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Gix that's both A: a great write up that's much appreciated and B: brilliant news to see you are having proper sim style fun and getting right in to the spirit of it!!!! Bravo sir! More! More!

DSRL Dirt Rally Co Co-Ordinator
DSRL Assetto Corsa Co-Ordinator
DSRL Xbox club admin
Resident turn 1 gravel trap inspector..... 🐘
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Gixer....... I had to make a brew to sit down and have a propper read throught that. GREAT WRITE UP! I for one love it when guys do this as its shows your enthusiasm and commitment Smile
Would love to see others do this as well.
Also great to see your hard work and effort paid off with you achieving your first podium finish.
Cracking job! Keep it up.
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Well I was miles off the pace in this one. After seeing the times from the front runners I jumped into the Aston for a test this morning......what a transformation with a few tweets from default settings, shaved 3 second off my qually time coming in with a 3:58:5. Guess what car I will pick next series. Congrats to Toast on your win cheers
micko39
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Micko be warned, the Aston might be brutal at lemans, but it can be a right nail round a lot of the other circuits! :/

DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Yeah, great write up! The Aston is fast, but somehow it was not getting the full RPM up in 6th gear as it was before the race. Maybe I incurred engine damage, but it did not show as such. I probably should have selected engine fix in the pit, but I didn't see any thing as indicated, but I was at the back, so I should have just done all repairs in the pit. Thanks for letting me participate, I really enjoyed it, and sorry for the little mis-hap on the back straight. I hope I can somehow maybe get in on one or two more in this series.
Shneeb108
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Might be room in the Ginetta juniors this weekend dude!!!

DSRL Xbox club admin
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:40 pm

@DSRL McDuff wrote:Might be room in the Ginetta juniors this weekend dude!!!

Thanks, I'll check that out ASAP.

I posted as a Privateer on reserve on the Leguna page because the Registration page is closed.

Driver name:Peter
Driver gamertag:Shneeb108
Car number:58

Last edited by Shneeb108 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reg)
Shneeb108
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunt04 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 pm

It was a shame that this race fell on the worst storm we've had in months for me. It was sad to disconnect during one of my favorite tracks. That being said, with my best times being in the 3:58's, I couldn't imagine being able to keep pace with speed demons like Toast, Nova and Aide. Well done, gentlemen. You guys continue to impress me with the speed you pull out of these cars. I need to start running some practice sessions with you all to get my times down a bit. Always a blast running with you all and I'll see you for the next one.
Chunt04
Rookie Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 am

@Chunt04 wrote:It was a shame that this race fell on the worst storm we've had in months for me. It was sad to disconnect during one of my favorite tracks. That being said, with my best times being in the 3:58's, I couldn't imagine being able to keep pace with speed demons like Toast, Nova and Aide. Well done, gentlemen. You guys continue to impress me with the speed you pull out of these cars. I need to start running some practice sessions with you all to get my times down a bit. Always a blast running with you all and I'll see you for the next one.

Yeah mate real shame you couldn't make the finish with that crazy storm you got halfway through the race. I would be happy to practice with you any time, cheers for the kind words Smile Hope you can make more future races man! Very Happy

DSRL Rally Championship Coordinator
DSRL RC: S3 Champion
DSRL RC: S2 Champion
GT3 Endurance (Division 1) Champion  
DSRL RC: S1 (FWD Class) Champion
Formula Gulf Champion
Global GT1 (Division 1) Champion

EpilepticToast
Six Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top