I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Assetto Corsa downshift

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assetto Corsa downshift

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Sun May 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Is anyone else finding the downshift protection way too extreme in Assetto Corsa? I did an online race in the Porsche Cup car and I couldn't get the car to go lower than 4th hear thru turn 1 at Nurburgring GP. Its the same with every paddle shift car I've driven. With auto clutch on it seems fine but online auto clutch always seems to be forced off. Am I missing something here?
Hurt MaGurt
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Assetto Corsa downshift

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun May 21, 2017 8:10 pm

I have to admit I haven't noticed this.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich
Championship Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gixer916er on Mon May 22, 2017 10:09 am

so much other nonsense going on I can't say I'd taken much notice. I just thought the game wasn't registering the downshift...

is this yet another thing with this game I'm gonna have to start swearing at?
Gixer916er
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Mon May 22, 2017 2:31 pm

If others are not noticing it, it must have something to do with my settings. I'm using the H shifter and the clutch pedal when driving cars in game that have a shifter, but using the paddles when appropriate.
Hurt MaGurt
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Thu May 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Is anyone else playing Assetto with a 3 pedal setup? No matter what i change, if i'm in an online lobby where auto clutch is disabled, i have this severe downshift issue. Even when not using the clutch as you would not in a paddle shift car. I've tried all combinations of settings and nothing fixes the issue for any paddle shift car in an online lobby.
Hurt MaGurt
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:01 am

Are you finding it in all the modern racers or just a certain few? The protection can be a pita till you get in to your rhythm, but once in the zone I've found it works fine, just can't mash down the box like you can in p-cars.
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I like the way this game drives, BUT the UI is the most confusing thing I have ever seen. The update helped a bit with some glitches, but still has a long way to go. I noticed the downshift thing too, and the 911 RSR 2017 has the rear Camber set messed up, but if you set the LF at -2.0, and the RT at 0.0, at least it's balanced. I also noticed that now some of the cars have a rear view mirror in hood view, and then some don't. I guess I could go on forever, but what's the point? I did an on-line session with a bud, but it was so confusing, it was hard to even have any fun.
Shneeb108
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:15 pm

I've been having similar issues when I tried out full manual with my TH8A H pattern shifter... the cars will struggle to shift gears no matter what the settings, it was like it didn't even register most of my shifts, especially 1-3. tried auto clutch on and then full manual clutch with all kinds of varying shift styles but still wouldn't fix the issue. I got frustrated with it and have had to turn off h pattern use for now and use paddle shifting only in all cars. Sad

DSRL RC S2 Champion
DSRL GT3 Endurance (Div 1) Champion  
DSRL RC F2 Kitcar Champion
DSRL Formula Gulf Champion
DSRL GT1 (Div 1) Champion
EpilepticToast
Four Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I also find it very hard to make any sort of assessment to the handling without any Telemetry (no UDP output in XBOX) Trying to do it by feel alone is helping learn, but with a lot of trial and error.
Shneeb108
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Toast as far as I'm aware if the car doesn't use h in reality then they don't bother making it work in game?
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 pm

@DSRL McDuff wrote:Toast as far as I'm aware if the car doesn't use h in reality then they don't bother making it work in game?
with the 'use H pattern shifter' option in the menus on, any car in game with full manual H transmission in reality (most classics) seems to engage the H shifter automatically and prevent any use of the paddles as a result, which is nice and realistic... but it ruins driving the classics on full manual when the gears struggle to shift seemingly for no reason. I was definitely driving older cars with H pattern gears and not sequential also all without transmission damage. Need to test it out more but it was proper pissing me off from what I've tried already.

DSRL RC S2 Champion
DSRL GT3 Endurance (Div 1) Champion  
DSRL RC F2 Kitcar Champion
DSRL Formula Gulf Champion
DSRL GT1 (Div 1) Champion
EpilepticToast
Four Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Mebbe you need to be her n toeing???