I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Looking for help on getting fast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for help on getting fast

Post by Rack Jainey on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:37 am

Looking for someone to help me improve overall kind of like a mentor. In qualifying for the ginetta junior i got a lap time that was just barely not dead last. i thought i was better than that lol! so if someone could help me improve my overall racing by kind of coaching me through some laps to help me realize what it is that im doing wrong, that would be fantastic. I am attending a IRL karting series starting in too weeks so im sure this would help with that as well. Please help me Smile

Rack Jainey
Rookie Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for help on getting fast

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 am

There are plenty of us who are online regularly who would be able to help you. Send us a Friend request on xbox and then a session can be setup for you where some coaching could be provided. Have a look for any of the staff or race hosts (Red and Green here on the forum) and they are the best guys to start with.

Are you on a wheel or controller?

Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gixer916er on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:32 pm

These videos are for iRacing, but the principles are the same...

http://pcdc.link/driving-school/

I'm not the fastest, but like to think I've got a bit better since I started. I can share what I have learned thus far.

I'm on most nights and I know a little about racing IRL albeit on motorbikes even if I can't transfer that to pretend cars quite so well.
Gixer916er
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Jainey on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:37 pm

@DSRL Webbers88 wrote:There are plenty of us who are online regularly who would be able to help you. Send us a Friend request on xbox and then a session can be setup for you where some coaching could be provided. Have a look for any of the staff or race hosts (Red and Green here on the forum) and they are the best guys to start with.

Are you on a wheel or controller?

I'm using the full thrustmaster Ecosystem so i'm using a wheel setup. i added you yesterday to send you my time so i'll hit you up later today if your on, thanks for offering to help Smile

Rack Jainey
Rookie Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Jainey on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:39 pm

@Gixer916er wrote:These videos are for iRacing, but the principles are the same...

http://pcdc.link/driving-school/

I'm not the fastest, but like to think I've got a bit better since I started. I can share what I have learned thus far.

I'm on most nights and I know a little about racing IRL albeit on motorbikes even if I can't transfer that to pretend cars quite so well.

THanks m8 thats an awesome reference

Rack Jainey
Rookie Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gixer916er on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:55 pm

setting up your wheel to screen can make a huge difference (if using cockpit view)

play around with the seat adjustment up/down back/forward to match your steering wheel to where the wheel is on screen to the point where you can remove the on screen steering wheel. Then adjust your Field of View so it matches what you would see from in car (I found it easiest to do this in the Merc AMG/SLS as it has a long bonnet.)

Car setups are a big part of being fast in leagues that allow tuning. There is a database of setups HERE that will give improvements over the default setup
Gixer916er
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL aidtheace on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Hello,
Welcome along mate, you sent me your time yesterday for the Ginetta Junior seeding run. That time will put you into Division 2. Everyone on the race nights will be able to guide you in the right direction so dont worry about that. But I will be on tonight and can give you some tips with the car and that. Smile
All you need to do now before your first race is choose a number.
The are numbers available of the following:
2, 13, 14, 19, 36, 44 or 80.
If you could take a look at these in game and make your choice then that would be great. If you not sure how to view the livery's in game, I will show you tonight.
The only other thing is signing 'IN' to each race.
What happens is, for every race there is a new topic posted up for that race, this page includes who is racing and who is not, number of laps e.c.t.
If you click the link at the bottom of this post, it will take you to the next race page, which is where you simply post IN if you would like to race, if your not sure you can make it you post MAYBE and if you cant race you post OUT. This way we know who we are inviting on the night of the race.
As we are currently alternating our series on a three week cycle. The next Ginetta Junior Championship race is on the 14th May 2017.
Hope this helps. Smile Any questions please fire away.

http://www.thedsrl.com/t422-dsrl-ginetta-junior-championship-round-6-dubai-international-14th-may#4512

DSRL aidtheace
Five Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top