Field of View Calculator

Go down

Field of View Calculator

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Re: Field of View Calculator

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 pm

thanks for posting that link Lee.

Not sure it "worked" correctly for me as it gave me a suggested FOV of 37 which virtually turned my cockpit view into a bonnet cam(but without being able to see the bonnet)

However I did lower the FOV that I was using (80 - which was suggested by some random person on the interweb somewhere.)

By lowering it to 70(first guesstimate) the cockpit did look much more like being "in car" and consequently I instantly knocked a second off my laptime.

After watching replays with my previous FOV I'd noticed I wasn't using all the track as I couldn't judge where the edge of the track was accurately and often when being lapped I'd go off track just because I wasn't sure how far over I was.

With the FOV at 70 I could hit the rumble strips on apexes and the corner exits (both sides of the car) which led to my laptimes being more consistent too. Now I need to carry more speed thru the corners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Gixer916er wrote:thanks for posting that link Lee.

Not sure it "worked" correctly for me as it gave me a suggested FOV of 37 which virtually turned my cockpit view into a bonnet cam(but without being able to see the bonnet)

However I did lower the FOV that I was using (80 - which was suggested by some random person on the interweb somewhere.)

By lowering it to 70(first guesstimate) the cockpit did look much more like being "in car" and consequently I instantly knocked a second off my laptime.

After watching replays with my previous FOV I'd noticed I wasn't using all the track as I couldn't judge where the edge of the track was accurately and often when being lapped I'd go off track just because I wasn't sure how far over I was.

With the FOV at 70 I could hit the rumble strips on apexes and the corner exits (both sides of the car) which led to my laptimes being more consistent too. Now I need to carry more speed thru the corners.

Ahh good stuff mate, At least it wasn't a waste of time, Glad you found it helpful to a certain degree ! Cheers for the comment Mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down