I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Field of View Calculator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Field of View Calculator

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 pm

http://carsfov.moritzlawitschka.de/

Enjoy !

Back to top Go down

Re: Field of View Calculator

Post by Gixer916er on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 pm

thanks for posting that link Lee.

Not sure it "worked" correctly for me as it gave me a suggested FOV of 37 which virtually turned my cockpit view into a bonnet cam(but without being able to see the bonnet)

However I did lower the FOV that I was using (80 - which was suggested by some random person on the interweb somewhere.)

By lowering it to 70(first guesstimate) the cockpit did look much more like being "in car" and consequently I instantly knocked a second off my laptime.

After watching replays with my previous FOV I'd noticed I wasn't using all the track as I couldn't judge where the edge of the track was accurately and often when being lapped I'd go off track just because I wasn't sure how far over I was.

With the FOV at 70 I could hit the rumble strips on apexes and the corner exits (both sides of the car) which led to my laptimes being more consistent too. Now I need to carry more speed thru the corners.
Gixer916er
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Field of View Calculator

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 pm

@Gixer916er wrote:thanks for posting that link Lee.

Not sure it "worked" correctly for me as it gave me a suggested FOV of 37 which virtually turned my cockpit view into a bonnet cam(but without being able to see the bonnet)

However I did lower the FOV that I was using (80 - which was suggested by some random person on the interweb somewhere.)

By lowering it to 70(first guesstimate) the cockpit did look much more like being "in car" and consequently I instantly knocked a second off my laptime.

After watching replays with my previous FOV I'd noticed I wasn't using all the track as I couldn't judge where the edge of the track was accurately and often when being lapped I'd go off track just because I wasn't sure how far over I was.

With the FOV at 70 I could hit the rumble strips on apexes and the corner exits (both sides of the car) which led to my laptimes being more consistent too. Now I need to carry more speed thru the corners.

Ahh good stuff mate, At least it wasn't a waste of time, Glad you found it helpful to a certain degree ! Cheers for the comment Mate.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top