Project Cars 2

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: Project Cars 2

Post by Hammerpgh on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 pm

So what's the opinions post patch of you guys that have been with the game since release?

Performance seemed a bit smoother to me in the times I have run it since. I gave it a fairly hard test with a 30 car GT3 field with practice, quali and race on Friday and the ol’ Xbox (plain vanilla One rather than One X) seemed to handle that pretty well. I was quite impressed at that as I thought that would really stretch it.

I hadn’t run with the AI pre-patch so can’t comment really on whether they are better or not and how the patch has changed them but there are supposed to be some quite significant improvements. What I can say is that in the GT3 race I thought they were very good in general and I had no real issues with them. However, in a couple of Indycar sessions I ran over the weekend they were a bit flakey, slowed at odd places when together and were very prone to silly overtaking attempts which lead to a lot of car damage as the Indycar seems very fragile to me. I had upped the AI level from when I ran the GT race but had left the aggression level the same so maybe I need to tweak that a bit to get a better combination when racing the open wheelers.

Overall though I did enjoy my time with the game and think I can at least now get immersed in some good racing offline but I do feel that the menu system although having undergone quite an overhaul since game 1 in some respects is less intuitive than before which surprises me but this is nothing to do with the patch just the game in general.

I really hope they have solved the multiplayer woes with this patch although the patch notes don’t really indicate anything specific in this regard just some other issues around multiplayer. I really would like to get involved in some online racing again and this patch needs to have corrected some of the issues to make it more possible to enjoy organised league racing again.

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Posted today on the Project cars forum by Ian Bell:
We are almost certain we've made some excellent gains in the last day with controls/input/physics with heavy loads and full fields. Coming in Patch 4.

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Porsche DLC and Update announced Porsche Update

9 new Porsche cars and "one FIA-certified track intimately associated with Porsche―a first in any simulated racing game". I wonder what track this is, anyone know?

Hurt MaGurt

​

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaveTheMighty on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 pm

The only circuit not in the game I can think of as being ‘intimately associated with Porsche’ is Sebring as we already have Daytona and Le Mans. It has been in Forza though, but I wouldn’t put it past SMS to have a dig at Turn 10.

BigDaveTheMighty

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:29 am

Would love to see Sebring! Good to see a big patch is on the way

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:46 am

They need to fix the game before releasing DLC. It's a bit like buying a new flavour ice cream when the freezers broke lol

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaveTheMighty on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:49 am

From digging on the PCars forums, the consensus seems to be that it could be Porsche's test track at Leipzig...

Test track videos

It's FIA certified apparently and I can't think of any game it's been in. While it makes sense from a branding perspective, I'd rather have Sebring. We'll see what comes.

BigDaveTheMighty

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Looks like the new patch is now out on Xbox, no notes yet though
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60831-XB1-Patch-4-0-Discussion-thread

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:57 pm

@EpilepticToast wrote:Looks like the new patch is now out on Xbox, no notes yet though
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60831-XB1-Patch-4-0-Discussion-thread

Good news Nic. I was thinking of giving the game another run out this weekend so that patch release is very timely for me.

If things are better any idea about plans to run anything here.. would love to do another of those endurance races at some point Smile

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:18 pm

@Hammerpgh wrote:
@EpilepticToast wrote:Looks like the new patch is now out on Xbox, no notes yet though

Good news Nic. I was thinking of giving the game another run out this weekend so that patch release is very timely for me.

If things are better any idea about plans to run anything here.. would love to do another of those endurance races at some point Smile

not much planned yet aside from GT3 world tour S2 coming on Sundays after the 200k finishes. Hopefully the patch works out well and we can add some more midweek championships in soon.

EpilepticToast

Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:45 am

I'll keep checking here then. Unfortunately that series is out for me due to other racing commitments.

I have enjoyed the time I have had in the game since the patch. Seems much better although still some issues around the number of AI impacting badly on the car handling and FFB. But that is not in all cars. Currently testing with some others on the forum to identify which ones have problems in this respect.

LMP2 cars are fine and can run a full grid so hopefully that also transfers to the multiplayer side of the game too and we can have some endurance type racing in those at some point.

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 am

I`ve just got myself Project Cars 2 Very Happy

Its not easy that`s for sure, which is good I guess. It certainly looks great and feels quite good.

I`ve had a fanny about with controller settings that I got off youtube to try and get a bit more `feeling` Still feels the same to me, early days yet though.

There`s lots going on in the menu for a newbie like me and I`d prefer it a bit simpler. Like me! Especially the set up, I`ll be peshing around for ever.

I`ve had to calm down my sideways rally style driving, that just wasn`t working and I`m already smoother but still impatient to get passed cars on track. I`m enjoying though and was up till silly `o` clock last night racing Clios.

I don`t think I`ll be entering any DSRL races until have had alot of practice.

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum