I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Project Cars 2

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Project Cars 2

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:27 am

Oh, and map the up/down "volume" (second one, whatever that is) to your d-pad. Until they fix is, you will never get the "sweet spot" of resistance unless you change it per car. Not the top one, but the second.
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

View user profile http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:14 am

OctoberDusk06 wrote:The game was the same experience as the first for me. That's why people who don't have the game are confused. It takes a while to realize how deep it is, and then even longer to understand just what the hell they did to the ffb. On one hand, PC players say it's as good as Assetto, but on the other console players say it's frustrating...and it is. I almost walked away, but I'm glad I didn't. The inside baseball is that SMS would like to forget the XB1 and simply shout how great their game is if you have "the right" system. In fact, PC players are SHOCKED at how much power, system-wise, the game requires. And the disconnect between PC and console is huge...again. So, you guys are not imagining the problems, because they are there in spades.

BUT...I agree with Rich. This is a better game than the first, out of the box. It was me who was getting in the way. One very positive thing is that you can adjust everything right from the pause menu. A La F1. That's fantastic, and sorely needed here. For some reason, the Thrustmaster TX is overpowered. When you combine that with the disdain SMS has for xbox players, you get warm hot sh*t unless you get real technical, which most aren't. The forums at PC1/PC2 are a good help.  

The screwed up my favorite car, the Formula C. Bastards. It's the old Formula Gulf. That was a dog. They also didn't map ovals correctly. They are lifeless and slow. The former is because SMS has no clue about ovals and the second is because of the frame rate drops. But it's getting better of you know what to turn off (HUD, Mirrors, weather). Personally, I'd ban racing lines, t-cam, and the stupid arrows. lol. But this league is going in the right direction, so I love that. Smart admin here. :-)

My ffb is on the TX, so I tested each setting about a million different ways. To get the proper track feel, you have to jack the third slider (after Gain and Volume) to 100%. Why? Because the ffb needs fixing, and the 100% makes you able to feel slip angle. Other games, like F1 and Assetto, did it right -- have an under-steer enhancement setting which is specifically so wheel users can feel the front end. The problem with PC2 is that turn in (initial) is practically non existent. It's so frustrating because I know what it feels like - in fact, you can ONLY feel the front wheels in a real car, via the wheel. The back end is the Seat of Pants, they call. Well, they got that down (probably because Pr Crs players are GT obsessed) but only perfected the front end because of the PC, and not on xbox. The vibration you speak of I cured pretty quickly, but those "tugs" at your wheel are very important NOT to kill...they are just typically way to strong because all the PC players tell you to set the top two to 100/whatever. That's not going to work, but you should still set the first one as high as you can, but low enough to get the annoying tugs and vibration out. Ihave mine at 70-80. But the second one (wheel weight, really) should be low. Real low. Like 20-30 low. Then the 100, and the others I believe are at 50% because they are all compromises, which I hate. One has to do with road feel, so I have that a little higher, but that's only going to get better when they patch it.
Also important is calibration. The game defaults to 360 (whatever...two flashes) but full(900 in game) is perfect. (Four flashes). And set the wheel sen (one flash) by holding shift and the black button left.

You also need to pay attention to the steering ratio and some of the other wheel settings. Don't put any "wheel damper" in there (or whatever it's called) but if you do, it acts like wheel weight, so you simply turn that up with the second slider. My steering damper or whatever is 0. 25 is okay too. In game steering sensitivity is important too. Mostly personal.

Granted, all this will change with a patch or two. At least I hope so. But, as it stands, except for the various bugs, the handling is actually not bad. If Multiplayer works (the real question) then the game may be ready to go for a league. My philosophy is that the game should be tested first. I'm joining a LM GTE league soon,because that's what we did with pCARS1. We were beta testers,but we learned a LOT. Lost a lot of people too, lol, but we were pioneers. Watts and Peter where there. Yes, frustrating, but also educating. And it turned out to be a great game on XBO. Can't wait to get started here.

Re Ovals -- nobody, including myself, should think we can run ovals with any success without lots of practice. If you wreck A.I., you will wreck people. (BTW, A.I. aggression is broken too -- mine can't go above 50% w/o piles of scrap, lol). What we need to do is get together on a regular basis in the IndyCar or the Formula Renault and run ovals with at least 10 cars. And A.I., if possible. Ovals are a completely different animal, and if you approach them like road courses, it will endin tears. I raise my hand first. A good way to practice is to get a copy of NASCAR HEAT 2. Even if you don't like NASCAR, the A.I. and the physics are good and the patience it teaches you is priceless.

Totally agree reference Ovals and as such and as was voted for I will have a practice schedule up by tomorrow lunch my time with next years IndyCar Series announced with in a couple of weeks.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:07 am

XB1 patch is now out! 7.5GB

DSRL RC: S1- FWD Class Champion
Formula Gulf Champion
Global GT1 (Division 1) Champion

EpilepticToast
Five Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:55 am

Lobbies appear to be fixed. No more getting into ongoing races.

Dash app support is back and pcars1 apps work.

HUD adjustments seem to have saved.
Hurt MaGurt
DSRL Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks for adding this guys. Yes, patch 2.0 is now live and it's is 7.5gb so it is a big one. Please can everyone update as soon as possible.

Owner & Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:21 am

Just installed the Patch and can confirm to all my fellow G920 Wheel racers it works!!!
No clipping on the wheel also pCars Dash app works...set UDP to 3 and Pcars 1 protocol
Link for explanations :Dhttps://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash Very Happy
micko39
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 am

micko39 wrote:Just installed the Patch and can confirm to all my fellow G920 Wheel racers it works!!!
No clipping on the wheel also pCars Dash app works...set UDP to 3 and Pcars 1 protocol
Link for explanations :Dhttps://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash   Very Happy

Micko, does it work on the new tracks?

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:59 am

DSRLReadingRich wrote:
micko39 wrote:Just installed the Patch and can confirm to all my fellow G920 Wheel racers it works!!!
Link for explanations :Dhttps://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash   Very Happy

Looks like the only thing that doesn't work is the track map on new tracks but lap times etc. is OK
micko39
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 pm

micko39 wrote:
DSRLReadingRich wrote:

Looks like the only thing that doesn't work is the track map on new tracks but lap times etc. is OK

That’s good enough

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Great news. Good to see they got it to Xbox users pretty close to PC and PS4 for a change.

The size of the patch indicates outs the one I was waiting for Laughing
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:Great news.  Good to see they got it to Xbox users pretty close to PC and PS4 for a change.  

The size of the patch indicates outs the one I was waiting for Laughing

Better get the wallet out then Pete Very Happy

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm

lol especially if I'm going digital Shocked

When is your next test session, i'll look forward to hearing how it goes. Would be great if some could stream it.
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Officially next Saturday same time. I’m sure some one will it’s not really my thing to be honest.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top