I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Project Cars 2

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Project Cars 2

Post by stevielow on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Shneeb108 wrote:
FTR mov wrote:
Shneeb108 wrote:I decided to try a car that I felt comfortable with, so I chose the Delara and right out the pits I noticed the front steering of the wheels is not symmetrical. And there are wheel problems again. Sort of a let down for me.
only managed one hour in game so far due to work but tried the dalara on indy
the car pulls left out of the box but checking the set up it has tottally different tyre pressures on each side
oval cars naturally pull to one side (anti clockwise track it will pull to the left this is true in real life )
never use a oval dalara on a road course
as for the steering it has a mind of its own until i pull out of the pits

Thanks for that info ! I learn something every day.

pC2 experience:
- Took a long time to fiddle with the FFB just to get it to feel good without clipping. Not sure which flavour I like best.
- Wheels have a sensitivity issue that is supposed to be fixed soon for the wobble.
- I put the Brake Sensitivity up to 70 to help with the brakes locking up so easily.
- The wheel calibration is just like it was in pC1, and I ended up with 400 just like in pC1 to make it feel right for me.
- For now it seems that tune set up files are not over-writing, I have to make a new file name to get it to actually save.
- Probably the worst for me is the graphics. Looked slightly better with the Post Processing Filter on.  I noticed that whenever I select the telemetry in the HUD, the graphics get pretty bad. Also see a lot of horizontal lines flowing thru at various times and places.
- The cars sound great, and drive well as far as GT3 goes. I haven't had a chance to test many others.
Hoping the first patch comes sooner than later ! The wheel wobble is really annoying, even when minimized.
you should try the cosy.... that's bonkers
stevielow
F3 Division 2 Champion

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWvptjTrmCImdVWfEQ77pA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Different experience on this game so far is very confusing lol Some people have nothing but problems in all areas while others love it!!
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:Different experience on this game so far is very confusing lol Some people have nothing but problems in all areas while others love it!!

For some people mate the problem is there is a project Cars 2 and no matter the fix or what ever it does right out of the box it just won’t be good enough.
It’s not perfect and to be honest very few games are on day one but it’s a lot lot better than Pcars was when that first came out.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LOL

Post by Shneeb108 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 pm

stevielow wrote:
Shneeb108 wrote:
FTR mov wrote:
Shneeb108 wrote:I decided to try a car that I felt comfortable with, so I chose the Delara and right out the pits I noticed the front steering of the wheels is not symmetrical. And there are wheel problems again. Sort of a let down for me.
only managed one hour in game so far due to work but tried the dalara on indy
the car pulls left out of the box but checking the set up it has tottally different tyre pressures on each side
oval cars naturally pull to one side (anti clockwise track it will pull to the left this is true in real life )
never use a oval dalara on a road course
as for the steering it has a mind of its own until i pull out of the pits

Thanks for that info ! I learn something every day.

pC2 experience:
- Took a long time to fiddle with the FFB just to get it to feel good without clipping. Not sure which flavour I like best.
- Wheels have a sensitivity issue that is supposed to be fixed soon for the wobble.
- I put the Brake Sensitivity up to 70 to help with the brakes locking up so easily.
- The wheel calibration is just like it was in pC1, and I ended up with 400 just like in pC1 to make it feel right for me.
- For now it seems that tune set up files are not over-writing, I have to make a new file name to get it to actually save.
- Probably the worst for me is the graphics. Looked slightly better with the Post Processing Filter on.  I noticed that whenever I select the telemetry in the HUD, the graphics get pretty bad. Also see a lot of horizontal lines flowing thru at various times and places.
- The cars sound great, and drive well as far as GT3 goes. I haven't had a chance to test many others.
Hoping the first patch comes sooner than later ! The wheel wobble is really annoying, even when minimized.
you should try the cosy.... that's bonkers

LOL.. I'm stupid, what's a cosy? LOL
Shneeb108
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Posting info always helps:
Porsche 911 GT3 R at BH GP (but Oultun Park is better cause laser scanned)
RAW

But then I tried
and it's a little better.
Shneeb108
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mc Dabins on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 am

I've been gone for a bit. But are there any series going on in project cars 2 yet?

Mc Dabins
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:09 am

Mc Dabins wrote:I've been gone for a bit. But are there any series going on in project cars 2 yet?

Not yet.......

Owner & Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:17 pm

I have not even turned them on yet, but yesterday I noticed there is an option for "proximity to other cars" markers. I assume they are like the arrows in Assetto Corsa? I know the league is going to be forcing off things like driving line, will these markers be allowed?
Hurt MaGurt
DSRL Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Hurt MaGurt wrote:I have not even turned them on yet, but yesterday I noticed there is an option for "proximity to other cars" markers. I assume they are like the arrows in Assetto Corsa? I know the league is going to be forcing off things like driving line, will these markers be allowed?

Yeah that iss right mate, they are exactly like Assetto's markers. The championships from now on im sure are going to be forced cockpit and driving line forced off, and because this going cockpit mode only, allowing the indicators will make sure people who are not used to using cockpit cameras still know where there opponents are. As well as i dont think they can be forced off, much like the driving line couldn't in the last game. So people could use them either way i think.

TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:15 pm

DSRL aidtheace wrote:Yeah that iss right mate, they are exactly like Assetto's markers. The championships from now on im sure are going to be forced cockpit and driving line forced off, and because this going cockpit mode only, allowing the indicators will make sure people who are not used to using cockpit cameras still know where there opponents are. As well as i dont think they can be forced off, much like the driving line couldn't in the last game. So people could use them either way i think.

Thanks Aid, I'll give them a go tonight
Hurt MaGurt
DSRL Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DangerDave49 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Here’s my impressions of Project Cars 2.

After having a brilliant couple of years racing Forza 4 and F1 2011 I gave up on console racing.  
Forza 5 was a retrograde step of the Forza franchise and the XBox One was generally very disappointing.
Project Cars 1 was so full of bugs, it was tragic.

I recent bought F1 2017 and Project Cars 2 and feel that console sim racing is finally delivering titles that move on from the great 360 titles.

Admittedly my experience so far has been restricted to single player gaming, I have so far not had the gonads to go multiuser racing, .... yet.

I’m using the cheaper Thrustmaster Spyder Wheel.

When first starting on Project Cars 2 I crashed and spun lots.  What a load of crap I thought.  Fortunately I stuck with it and realised that the cars need to be driven with respect; cranking down the AI strength meant that I could start winning a few races and my confidence has increased.

I did try the karts.  
Personally I thought these were terrible and could not get on with them.  
Is it just me? What are other people’s impressions of the karts?

I moved on to the Ginetta Junior class.  What a joy.  Great handling and lots of new tracks.  And snow!  I got snowed on at  Brands Hatch.  

I’m now driving the Clio Cup series.  I noticed that AidTheAce mentioned you guys drive in cockpit view.  I had been driving in rooftop view and thought I’d better move to cockpit view just in I do enter one of the online races.  It was difficult at first but I have got used to it.  

I think the point that I realised that this is a great title was half way through a race where I found the tension had caused me to start sweating and my heart rate was through the roof.  I may well have the sim racing bug again.

After leaving console racing a did a couple of years on iRacing with a Fanatec CSR Wheel.  At the time this was the premier sim racing system.  After driving pcars for the last week I think iRacing has some serious competition.

So, if you have been away from sim racing for a while, give it a go again, you may be surprised.
DangerDave49
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:33 pm

I`m more of a rally driver than a circuit racer.

I used to love TOCA way back in the day, not that I was any good but got lots of pleasure.

I`ve tried the F1 games and was instantly bored. Just like F1, boring.
Forza 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. nah, not for me.

I had Project Cars, it was terrible.

I then got Assetto Corsa, not much better really.

I play with the Xbox controller so maybe that`s part of the probelm.

Can anyone using the contoller give some feefback on PC2 ?
Sloe
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Project Cars 1 was OK with controller if you had the right settings (readily avail on the interweb)

Ass Corsa apparently bad on controller, no way round that!

Project Cars 2 is supposedly MUCH better on controller, so much so that at the moment some controller users are liking the game more than some wheel users.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:50 pm

OK thanks Gixer, I think I`ll have to give it a go as there`s only really one way to find out Neutral
Sloe
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarf on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Sloe wrote:OK thanks Gixer, I think I`ll have to give it a go as there`s only really one way to find out Neutral

I've been changing the settings for each different car but this is my base default if you'd like to try it.

My Default Settings Project Cars 2

SD : 0
SS : 35
TD : 0
TS : 35
BD : 0
BS : 10
CD : 0
CS : 10
SS : 96
DS : 80
CD : 30
CV : 50
MST : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Aren't you back on Controller Zarf?
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarf on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:59 pm

DynoMight Racing wrote:Aren't you back on Controller Zarf?
Yes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 am

Well I didn't think the league would start so early. I honestly don't think the game is ready yet. I suppose we'll see how multiplayer works out come Oct 15th I just hope its not negative experience. I haven't had much luck online with so many multiplayer issues I can't tell if its Beast or Burden and the Patch to fix everything doesn't look like it will be released for consoles til the end of the month. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 am

I know that there are some other leagues starting this week, tonight even. Trust me I will be watching with great interest.

Owner & Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:47 am

PC & PS4 have got their V2 patch today, hopefully Xbox one will follow shortly....

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Hmmm if memory serves me, past trends would suggest we're a week after Sony, perhaps Next Tuesday.
MichaeI Watts
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Gixer916er wrote:PC & PS4 have got their V2 patch today, hopefully Xbox one will follow shortly....

Is this the 1st or 2nd update for PS4?
Hurt MaGurt
DSRL Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 pm

first for ps4

(second for pc)

but all will now be v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Everyine had a release day update didn't they so this is patch 2 isn't it?
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:23 am

The game was the same experience as the first for me. That's why people who don't have the game are confused. It takes a while to realize how deep it is, and then even longer to understand just what the hell they did to the ffb. On one hand, PC players say it's as good as Assetto, but on the other console players say it's frustrating...and it is. I almost walked away, but I'm glad I didn't. The inside baseball is that SMS would like to forget the XB1 and simply shout how great their game is if you have "the right" system. In fact, PC players are SHOCKED at how much power, system-wise, the game requires. And the disconnect between PC and console is huge...again. So, you guys are not imagining the problems, because they are there in spades.

BUT...I agree with Rich. This is a better game than the first, out of the box. It was me who was getting in the way. One very positive thing is that you can adjust everything right from the pause menu. A La F1. That's fantastic, and sorely needed here. For some reason, the Thrustmaster TX is overpowered. When you combine that with the disdain SMS has for xbox players, you get warm hot sh*t unless you get real technical, which most aren't. The forums at PC1/PC2 are a good help.

The screwed up my favorite car, the Formula C. Bastards. It's the old Formula Gulf. That was a dog. They also didn't map ovals correctly. They are lifeless and slow. The former is because SMS has no clue about ovals and the second is because of the frame rate drops. But it's getting better of you know what to turn off (HUD, Mirrors, weather). Personally, I'd ban racing lines, t-cam, and the stupid arrows. lol. But this league is going in the right direction, so I love that. Smart admin here. :-)

My ffb is on the TX, so I tested each setting about a million different ways. To get the proper track feel, you have to jack the third slider (after Gain and Volume) to 100%. Why? Because the ffb needs fixing, and the 100% makes you able to feel slip angle. Other games, like F1 and Assetto, did it right -- have an under-steer enhancement setting which is specifically so wheel users can feel the front end. The problem with PC2 is that turn in (initial) is practically non existent. It's so frustrating because I know what it feels like - in fact, you can ONLY feel the front wheels in a real car, via the wheel. The back end is the Seat of Pants, they call. Well, they got that down (probably because Pr Crs players are GT obsessed) but only perfected the front end because of the PC, and not on xbox. The vibration you speak of I cured pretty quickly, but those "tugs" at your wheel are very important NOT to kill...they are just typically way to strong because all the PC players tell you to set the top two to 100/whatever. That's not going to work, but you should still set the first one as high as you can, but low enough to get the annoying tugs and vibration out. Ihave mine at 70-80. But the second one (wheel weight, really) should be low. Real low. Like 20-30 low. Then the 100, and the others I believe are at 50% because they are all compromises, which I hate. One has to do with road feel, so I have that a little higher, but that's only going to get better when they patch it.
Also important is calibration. The game defaults to 360 (whatever...two flashes) but full(900 in game) is perfect. (Four flashes). And set the wheel sen (one flash) by holding shift and the black button left.

You also need to pay attention to the steering ratio and some of the other wheel settings. Don't put any "wheel damper" in there (or whatever it's called) but if you do, it acts like wheel weight, so you simply turn that up with the second slider. My steering damper or whatever is 0. 25 is okay too. In game steering sensitivity is important too. Mostly personal.

Granted, all this will change with a patch or two. At least I hope so. But, as it stands, except for the various bugs, the handling is actually not bad. If Multiplayer works (the real question) then the game may be ready to go for a league. My philosophy is that the game should be tested first. I'm joining a LM GTE league soon,because that's what we did with pCARS1. We were beta testers,but we learned a LOT. Lost a lot of people too, lol, but we were pioneers. Watts and Peter where there. Yes, frustrating, but also educating. And it turned out to be a great game on XBO. Can't wait to get started here.

Re Ovals -- nobody, including myself, should think we can run ovals with any success without lots of practice. If you wreck A.I., you will wreck people. (BTW, A.I. aggression is broken too -- mine can't go above 50% w/o piles of scrap, lol). What we need to do is get together on a regular basis in the IndyCar or the Formula Renault and run ovals with at least 10 cars. And A.I., if possible. Ovals are a completely different animal, and if you approach them like road courses, it will endin tears. I raise my hand first. A good way to practice is to get a copy of NASCAR HEAT 2. Even if you don't like NASCAR, the A.I. and the physics are good and the patience it teaches you is priceless.
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

View user profile http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top