I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

The current state of the DSRL and the future.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The current state of the DSRL and the future.

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:42 am

The DSRL has always been a place where you can come and have fun and some really good racing at the same time. There are a numbers of other leagues out there that have some very strict rules on communication during races and then to a lesser degree during lobby setup. The DSRL has tended to try and steer clear of rules such as these so it is hopefully more of appealing place for everyone to come and join in.

However in recent time it has become evident to me that this has to change. Constant talking though racing, arguing during racing and qualifying, videos and music being played through the party chat, arguments and comments that, in my mind, are close to abuse on the forums. This is driving members and indeed, staff away from the forum. These all have to stop! We all have a responsibility to make sure that we ALL enjoy our racing.

We are coming to the end of our first year of the DSRL and the competition and membership uptake has far surpassed anything I could have imagined. There have been many times that I have been proud of what the Staff and our members have achieved and I can only hope it continues into 2017.

With that in mind, there are going to be a number of changes over the next few weeks in the lead up to Chrstmas and the New Year. Positions of members will change and the calendar will be more varied to keep the interest up within the community. There are a number of exciting events that will take place on Project CARS, DiRT Rally and, with some luck F1 2016.

I hope that this gives everyone something to look forward to.

See you on track and in the community,
Webbers88

Last edited by Webbers88 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The current state of the DSRL and the future.

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:05 am

The DSRL has indeed come along way since the first few races when there was just Webbers, myself and Kris running around track.
With a explosion in the membership and a a varied age and skill base it's more than inevitable that some of the relaxed rules would eventually need to be tightened up. That being said it should be seen as a positive that will help the site move forward both on here and on race nights.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich
Championship Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Looking forward to future growth and improvements Smile "Something for everyone, not everything for someone" Abraham Lincoln, Internet president 1904-1922 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DSRL Dirt Rally Co Co-Ordinator
DSRL Assetto Corsa Co-Ordinator
DSRL Media Monkey
DSRL Xbox club admin
Resident turn 1 gravel trap inspector..... elephant
DSRL McDuff
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Please please please dont come out with the ruling of no talking during racing except for calling were you are etc.........Thats just well plain and simply put....A CROCK OF SHIT. I like the banter. Were all adults and give it as well as take it.. the gross vids on the other hand well theres a time and place for such and its not in the race lobby imo....apart from that i enjoy racing with the lads i have raced for ages with RD SIMMO DAN FREEK MIKO.. and enjoy racing with the rest of you AID. WEBBERS. HURT.DRIFT DUFF etc. Driver based alone is a good mix and the diversaty of levels is awsome.. some tracks were bunched some tracks the faster guys have simply just gone.... varied events and forum fuctionality is good.... all in all gues what i saying is things are good as they are. Standards have slid a bit over the last couple of weeks i blaim f1.2016 for that....so please dont be going all hitler on the forum... end of the day its a group of men wanting to act like kids but being adult enough to not live by strick rules...
Make of this what you will. I just simply putting for 4th penath into the mix

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:25 pm

I would like to add that us, the Staff, we are trying are best host and come up with exciting series that everyone can enjoy. Sometimes some decisions for the race format, rules, calendar, etc may not make sense at first, but please understand there's always a good reason for everything. We don't put stuff out without consulting each other and having pages of discussions on Facebook.

And we may even disagree on a final decision. I understand too that we can't please everyone either. Weither you like or dislike a format we decided on, sometimes it is best to just go with the flow and see how it will turn out.

Maybe you can even change your mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Dont think anyone is saying anything about staff or decisions made rd just commenting on what there thoughts and concerns are... like i say..me i not bothered so long as it dosnt become a silent race lobby or race event. For me thats the off switch

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Stealthy 1 wrote:Dont think anyone is saying anything about staff or decisions made rd just commenting on what there thoughts and concerns are... like i say..me i not bothered so long as it dosnt become a silent race lobby or race event. For me thats the off switch

My point was to add to what Webbers was saying in the first post.

And for the mic issue, I agree with everything you say. I'm telling you now that a silent race lobby won't happen in the DSRL, that's too much of an extreme. The thing is, a line must be drawn to limit the amount of distracting and pointless banter that's disturbing the fun and peace of a race lobby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top