by EpilepticToast Today at 2:58 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Today at 11:58 am

» Seeding Runs
by Zarf Today at 11:57 am

» Seeding Runs
by Zarf Today at 11:10 am

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff
DSRL Twitter

Series Information and Technical Regulations

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Series Information and Technical Regulations

Post by stevielow on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Yes I agree mcDuff,

It doesn't have to suit everyone, I didn't like the current series and I too dropped, locked events would be great.

At least I too, would know that everyone else has the same sim setup.

count me in.

- Ginetta Juniors 2017 (Division 1) 5th Overall
- F3 Euro Series 2017 (Division 2) Division Champion & Teams Champion.
- GT3 Endurance Series 2017 (Division 2) 4th Overall & Teams Champion.
stevielow
F3 Division 2 Champion

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWvptjTrmCImdVWfEQ77pA

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Sounds like assetto corsa map look left and right are default in this game..... as for default set ups. Yeah i dont mind it at all. Infact i have no remarks on this series at all.
But do have a sudgestion and it will take the mods a little work. But nothing more than just paying attendion

Why not run this series as intended. Then run a similar series with all assists as default ie ford capri dosnt have abs or tc or sc so there not permitted yet on a gt car they are permitted and installed so will be turned on its up to you to map on your wheel to deactivate them on track and lock view to iether dash or bonnet ( must be desided on vote before first race highest vote takes the lock ). Then run a third series completly open any assist any view any tuning any vehicle but make it something different like a rd car series or something daft.... these series dont have to be long say 6 races two races a night on 6 tracks.... the results will speek for them selfs one of the series will produce great races one will be time triling and one will be so crap drivers will simply drop. Each person will no doubt prefer one over the other. Mods will be able to see what series was best by the results in terms of times not possisions. That series that stands out is were most of the drivers are at there comfort zone

I run a few series and to start with guys bitched you cant force this and that and apply this penalty and that. Yet once they decided what engine piwer they wanted. Accepted the penalty in terms of what assists it was aloud and what reduction there finishing place earnt them. It was soon agreed it was the best series most ever run in.... was same on pcars in the ginnetta. If the car has it fitted over in garforth ( 5 mile from me and a not so nice place to be a painter at ) then you had it turned on your choice to tun it off or put up with the penalty of it being slighly slower. Again made a good series. Esp when ime not irish ime english was been beat lol.....

Seems like there just some petty issues at the moment. And they will iron out... any thats good is worth the hard times...

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:55 pm

At the moment, we are all overflowing with different ideas and opinions and we can't seem to agree on anything. Even within the Staff, we are all stubborn and making a decision on anything takes forever!! And no one wants to harm the forum or each other, we all have different visions for whats best for the forum and the league.

We want to make things fun for all and too overly complicated.

We will run this series now how it is, we can resolve everything and decide everything next year for the following series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Blah, blah, blah...Let's race! Razz

T3Racing
DSRL Formula 2000 UK Team Champion

DEDICATED REBELLION
Rebel Whitey
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:11 am

@Rebel Whitey wrote:Blah, blah, blah...Let's race! Razz

Too bloody right!!! Very Happy
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Thats the best idea yet

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by stevielow on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:57 pm

are we having cockpit only

stevielow
F3 Division 2 Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fricknlazerbeam on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Rebel, Aid & Stealthy's last posts are the best I've read on this thread.

I've raced with 4 (i think) different organised groups & every time a new series is announced the forum fills up with the same old arguments; slow folk want the rukes a certain way to 'hopefully' get closer to quick guys, & the narrow minded want the rules a certain way to make their life easier.

Ultimately, why are you here? 'Cos you like racing? Well in my experience of online & real racing environments nobody ever gets it their way, the challenge & enjoyment comes from making the best of the cards you've got, sometimes more of them will suit you, other times not, when things aren't to your liking a competitor will still strive for the best result & may actually learn/pick up new skills or knowledge in the process, which will further enrich your experiences when things do suit you more.
Time permitting i will turn up for a few races in this series i'm sure & i really couldn't give two hoots how things are set (mainly cos I struggle with this game across the board anyway) because in the past it never made much difference how the rules were, I'd always end up racing against the same couple of folk & having a blast doing so.
As everyone else had their say, that was mine. RACE!!!!
Fricknlazerbeam
Pro-Am Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Nailed it how it is..... no matter what settings are you will allways race with the same guys as they get faster they will drag you along. No matter if using assists or not. But on todays games if there all turned on. You can map your wheel ( pad ) to turn them off as soon as lights go green.... end of the day assists slow you down... but its a game. And its whole design is to play and have FUN . and Race . So does it really matter assists or not... imo just set the car to real assists if you want to use them feel free if the car was born before the technology then thats unluck. If its a car you dont like just enjoy it.... i hated the bmw one with a pasion and finished every race in the long series bolt last by miles.. but i knew that the next series would be better suited cos we wasnt using a crap car again

Race fun race fun race fun ..... and bit of banter all night long all i care about to be honest... bumps knocks and crashes happen. By all of us not one person can say no i dont. Its the sportsman ship you take the hit with or react to how you deliver it... but remember this rubbings racing brake testings letting you know your still young enought to react... lmao....

Theres a good group of guys on here and pritty sure no ones gonna fall out of favour cos you aint driving as fast in one series as in another or cos you use assists or chase view
End of the day if the pros who do it for money in the real world are using engine braking or fancy gear to stabalise a car in corners or anti locking brakes or traction control.... why should we think were better than them by saying no i too good or fast to use assists. We arnt so if there there why handicap ourselfs by not using them....
That said any one using brake assist is a pussy roflmfaro

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by stevielow on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Is the series going to be in car or rooftop racing?

stevielow
F3 Division 2 Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:26 pm

@stevielow wrote:Is the series going to be in car or rooftop racing?

I hope in car and with racing line forced off. Though this is just my view as a driver not as admin.
DSRLReadingRich
200K Series Class Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Think anything along those lines should be voted or possible a two tier devision one with how ever you like and one full sim no assist locked view and no lines or turn idicators jmo on Rich post

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:05 pm

I think ppl are missing the point, of course everyone wants it as close to how they like to run as possible and thats where all the idea's come from, but i think the point ppl are missing is simply that this is a game, this is not reality, we are not real racing drivers and therefore want to play the GAME the way we weant to play it.

You pay your money you take your choice is an old saying bu it s true, if a series comes out you dont fancy dont sign up, simple.
Site owners make series they think will be liked but the best way for them to know is sign ups, if ppl don't sign up its pretty clear it's the wrong series, this series has good sign ups so it should stay as first set out.

For me, i prefer to run how i want, i will not sign upto series that tells me what and how i can race, ppl say assists are slower and that you will always race with the same guys, not true, when p cars came out i always knew who would beat me and who i would beat, now though i'm faster than a lot of guys that used to beat me, that is simply down to being able to drive how i want, if i want to run abs i run it, again with traction, but if i feel it makes me faster then i turn it off, turning it all off may be close to the real thing and the cockpit chase view debate always makes me laugh but limiting ppl to a certain way to race will just mean you are limiting the numbers of racers that will join.

I think its simple, if DSRL make a series that says all assists off fine, sign up if you want, or don't, but do not sign up then bitch its not how you want it.
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:59 pm

@d4ninho wrote:I think its simple, if DSRL make a series that says all assists off fine, sign up if you want, or don't, but do not sign up then bitch its not how you want it.

Or if don't intend on doing it.
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:42 pm

DSRL has provided fun, competitive events since inception, less than a year ago. There is no reason to think that this will change. DSRL Staff should stay loyal to the original vision and let the chips fall where they may. There are many choices for racing glory, and DSRL should not be expected to be all things to all racers.

T3Racing
DSRL Formula 2000 UK Team Champion

DEDICATED REBELLION
Rebel Whitey
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:54 pm

As I put in post reply to stevielow my thoughts were mine as a driver not as staff.
Either way I'll race I'm easy (going before any jokes get in) but a series with a level playing field should be just that or as near as it can be.

IndyCar Organiser
DSRLReadingRich

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:55 pm

I think after reading what some people have been putting on the Formula Gulfs threads. People need to stop trying to win at turn one and have a bit more respect for oyher racers before we argue the toss of whats assists and settings we should have. Not every series will be to your taste. Il be honest i didnt like the 200k but still did it. Loved the Formula Cs and also the Ginettas. Completely different formats and settings. The game maybe old but as Rebel said we are not even a year old yet and still trying new things.
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LE MUNDO on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi Aid its LE MUNDO. Just a quick question. With all your knowledge about setting up a car for racing why on earth do you use the view on the roof of the car. As you have stated, you are the winner of this and the winner of that, how fast your qualifying times are. What I would like to know would you still be the winner of this and that and still get the qualifying times if you raced cockpit view, regardless of what other assists you could use.

LE MUNDO
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Now theres a question....

The Dedicated Sim Racing League
DSRL Webbers88
Owner & Director

http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:23 pm

But its a defunkt question, he races the way he does because he wants to.

he could easily say would you be faster if you didnt race in cockpit?

i know ppl that cannot race outside of cockpit or hood view, are they better coz they run in cockpit, no, if they were faster outside then they would run outside view.

perhaps those sim racers should ask themselves this...... just how sim is it to sit on your sofa while racing? lol.

As someone that ran a site for well over a year and have raced on many sites, the admins put the time in thinking up series ideas and should stick to what they first decide.

You cannot please everyone so stop trying to.
enforce your rules and enjoy the racing.

clean racers will stick around while dodgy ones will vanish and although smaller the drivers you have left will make better races.
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:46 pm

@LE MUNDO wrote:Hi Aid its LE MUNDO. Just a quick question. With all your knowledge about setting up a car for racing why on earth do you use the view on the roof of the car. As you have stated, you are the winner of this and the winner of that, how fast your qualifying times are. What I would like to know would you still be the winner of this and that and still get the qualifying times if you raced cockpit view, regardless of what other assists you could use.

I use cockpit mate. the only times i didnt this last season was at Spa and Monza because my FOV (Field of View) settings messed up. Its becuase i put that setting so the cockpit camera is further back in the car and gives me better vision and can see my mirrors better. When it reset and messed up it felt like i was sat on my dashboard and couldnt drive hence using the chase camera. However i use cockpit for every other race and for the ginettas and Formula C's.
And as for assists. In the toruning car we could turn everything off or we could have abs on and traction control on, and i tried both and did the same lap time. It just takes me a few laps as a readjustment to get back on pace and used to the assists.

Thats why i dont mind what assists we use. But i will be using cockpit again. Its part of the challenge and it also teaches you to know how much room to give other drivers. When you go side by side, its better to assume to give them too much room than not enough. And cockpit cam gives you that feeling as you dont know where they are and dont want a crash.

But yes i do use cockpit and whatever assists are given haha.
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthy 1 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 pm

After last nights seeding a frw of us stayed on about 6 if memory serves right and we used the settings forthe race. We have however found a issue

Fuel. Is random... you are issued a amount of fuel during qually and this rainged from 12ltrs to 57 ltrs and it wasnt car perciffic three running maclarens all had different fuel amounts in them as did the three mercs... going into garage did not rectify the issue the only way to be re fueled was to run out and if you was half lap round you was dq from qually .... pitting with 4.5 ltrs left just sent you back out with 4.5ltrs driving into the pitts was just as random as some recieved 5lts others got 75ltrs tottaly random and this will effect quallifiying

Come the ten lap race we was doing before anyone moved we all called out our fuel maclerns all had different fuel levels from 25ltrs to 35 ltrs enough to do the race at 2.2 ltrs per lap
But the mercs was whole differnt story despite doing 2.1 ltrs per lap two was issued 50ltrs of fuel and the other in the 60 plus bracket... now as tuning is locked off theres nothing can be done about fuel level...

Can i recomend that fuel usage is set to off. At least then everyone is equal and if pit stops are needed its not going to dump you a full tank in or just enough to do a few laps before your back in again

I am happy to do some more teating again on this issue. Myself miko simmo dragon lamarrfound it funny at fitst but it will however create a noise from peaple as some will be feeling its a handicap of sorts

Stealthy 1
Pro Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemarrrrrr on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:53 pm

I have a theory about the fuel issue, it seems that if any changes are made to the car set up and saved, the computer will take that set up as the default for that car even if the multiplayer lobby is set to default set ups, As Stealthy said we had issues with different fuel loads in both qualifying and the race, I did change the fuel loads during the run up to Sunday and it seems that saved set up is carried over into a default set up multiplayer lobby, during the hour quali we did I did a number of pit stops to see if the car was refueled and in my case the car was fueled to the level i had saved when i was practising. Which brings another question, if the set up can be changed in this way, how are we going to scrutinize what set ups people are running? It might be open to abuse if this is the case.
Lemarrrrrr
Pro-Am Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:56 pm

@Stealthy 1 wrote:After last nights seeding a frw of us stayed on about 6 if memory serves right and we used the settings forthe race. We have however found a issue

Fuel. Is random... you are issued a amount of fuel during qually and this rainged from 12ltrs to 57 ltrs and it wasnt car perciffic three running maclarens all had different fuel amounts in them as did the three mercs... going into garage did not rectify the issue the only way to be re fueled was to run out and if you was half lap round you was dq from qually .... pitting with 4.5 ltrs left just sent you back out with 4.5ltrs driving into the pitts was just as random as some recieved 5lts others got 75ltrs tottaly random and this will effect quallifiying

Come the ten lap race we was doing before anyone moved we all called out our fuel maclerns all had different fuel levels from 25ltrs to 35 ltrs enough to do the race at 2.2 ltrs per lap
But the mercs was whole differnt story despite doing 2.1 ltrs per lap two was issued 50ltrs of fuel and the other in the 60 plus bracket... now as tuning is locked off theres nothing can be done about fuel level...

Can i recomend that fuel usage is set to off. At least then everyone is equal and if pit stops are needed its not going to dump you a full tank in or just enough to do a few laps before your back in again

I am happy to do some more teating again on this issue. Myself miko simmo dragon lamarrfound it funny at fitst but it will however create a noise from peaple as some will be feeling its a handicap of sorts

Im fairly certain that the fuel makes no difference to the performance of the car. I get what your saying about the fuel in qualifying but if you return to the garage you get the same fuel and it wont effect your pace. As well as in the race there will be no pitstops but if wont make a difference if we turn fuel usage off. May as well have it off like the gulfs.
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Lemaar i thought that but then i deleted set ups and it still max fuels me.

if you run laps on high fuel then set it to 1ltr then turn fuel off you will be faster as your lighter.

turning the fuel off just means it wont run down but it still takes into account of any weight due to it being in the car, its part of the physics of the game.

test it out i would not be shocked to see pcars bodged it up.
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top