I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Thoughts on the new F1 game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts on the new F1 game?

Post by DSRL aidtheace on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the new F1 2016 game? I know its only been out for half a day but im interested to see what people think.

I think its brilliant! The AI seem to be okay, there pace is good. Iv been racing on expert. (One off top. Legendary is the top one.) With assits as meduim traction control and ABS on. No racing line, or braking assists lol.
Iv started in the Manor in the career mode racing on three 30 minute sessions of practice, a 3 session qualifying and 25% distance race. (15 Laps at Australia)
The practice session objectives allow you to earn more Research and development points to upgrade the car through the season, so it gives you a good incentive to complete them but you can do them when you like so i did all mine in P1 on but you could do 1 in each session. There is a tire wear test to try and beat a lap time as well as not take loads out of the tires life. There is a track learning task which is hitting the apexs but also taking a good amount of corner speed. And a qualifying run on low fuel with the engine turned up to maxium power.

I did have a look at the online and it looks to be stable. I did not see any lag but was only playing with a few people. The settings for online look like it will be great to do some league racing on with the option to do a championhsip with a custom calander and being able to save it after each round.

On the whole i think the game is great. I would recommended it buying it asap! Smile

DSRL aidtheace
Triple Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on the new F1 game?

Post by EpilepticToast on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm really enjoying it! Couldn't wait so got it last night and played for hours lol

DSRL RC Sign Up Page HERE
DSRL RC Racenet League HERE
EpilepticToast
2 Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL aidtheace on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:43 pm

@EpilepticToast wrote:I'm really enjoying it! Couldn't wait so got it last night and played for hours lol

Iv only been able to play it for a few hours but will be on it all day sunday. Do the 200k race on pCars and then straight back on it. Will.have to get an online lobbu going after the race!

DSRL aidtheace
Triple Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:09 am

Well so far...

Really really enjoy it. It has harder than I originally thought, but then again I have got it on Legend with all the aids turned off (I've already used the flashback wuite a few times). Really enjoy the new features included in the free practice. I've only done FP1 and thus want to return for FP2 to continue with the tyre management programme.

So far the only problem I have found is, once again, I feel like the steering wheel is too light at low speed and there is hardly any feedback when the back end starts to lose traction. Maybe this is me just being used to Project Cars and its many steering wheel settings to increase the realism.

Lastly, I don't know why but my game took a very long time to install. Started it at 6.45 pm and 4 hours later it was only at 60% installed. Maybe this is why I was also find the steering saturation was changing if I paused the game and then continued.

All in all, I am still very impressed with this new iteration of F1 games and I look forward to continue with my career.

Come On Manor!!!!

PS. For everyone who is doing the game in anything other than 100% distance, shame on you!

Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boothy116 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:47 am

By any chance were you still online when installing it? i forgot when doing it myself got to 25% in 2 hours, It's an xbox issue.

If put it in go offline goes a hell of a lot quicker. Imstalled the game in about 30 mins if that.

I got mine on Wednesday it's a potentially great game if they get the little things sorted out. So far so good though Smile

boothy116
Am Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:28 pm

I haven't really given the F1 franchise a chance, prior to 2016. I have purchased titles as far back as 2012, but for one reason or another, never got very far. I'm going to spend some time on my Career, and Time Trials. Online Multiplayer in the near future, hopefully. Cockpit View, Elite, No Assists, and 100% distance.
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:23 am

I just find that F1 games are too samey, the reason pcars is better is that if i want to drive an F1 car i can(kinda) but when bored of that i can drive something else without paying out for 2 games.

d4ninho
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:44 am

So far today's Spa GP looks like me playing this game.
Hurt MaGurt
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooveR1978 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:32 am

My summary.... gameplay only....

Pros
- Graphics are excellent and love the heat haze when following a car
- The track evolves in weather and it's makes a dry/wet race so enjoyable as you adapt to it
- Tyre degradation is great and I've found myself having to manage the tyres (also a BIG con on the real F1)
- Different tyre compounds have such an impact
- Good balance between a sim and arcade, I'd call it 75:25
- Easy to select strategy
- Once you're used to it, the in race MDF and voice are great
- AI is good, but not great

Cons
- Feedback through the controller isn't good and therefore the feel of the car is tricky with traction and ABS off. Often I have to react to the visual and not the feel
- Time trial leaderboards often don't load up
- Racing on hard in a McLaren and I'm first. Turn it to expert and I'm literally last... very frustrating

GrooveR1978
Rookie Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top