by DSRL McDuff Today at 10:01 am

» Round 4, Zandvoort, SIGN INS OPEN> CLOSES 8PM BST, 19/09/17
by stevielow Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:53 pm

» DSRL RC: S3 Results & Standings
by EpilepticToast Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm

» DSRL RC: S3 Signup Thread
by EpilepticToast Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 pm

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Lobby settings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lobby settings

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Here is all the lobby settings to set races to. So if you are lucky enough to be a host on race night then here is where to find all your settings.

Structure & Sessions
Privacy: Private
Event Length: Time
Length: Event laps
Maximum grid size: 16
Max Number of Human Opponents: 15
Fill with AI Opponents: No
Opponent skill: 100
Opponents All identical Car: No
Car Class: Any

Qualifying

Qualifying: 30 mins (this includes 10 minutes at the end to gather times and get ready)
Mandatory pitstop: No

Race

Conditions
Weather Slots: (Announced on the Wednesday before the race night)
Weather progression: Real Time
Date Type: Current
Starting time: Varies per event
Time progression: Real time

Restrictions
Force interior View: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: No
Force Default Setups: No
Allow ABS: Yes
Allow Stability Control: No
Allow Traction Control: Yes
Damage: Performance Impact
Mechanical Failure: Yes
Tyre Wear: x3
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Engine Start: Yes
Flags & Penalties: On
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: Yes

Last edited by Webbers88 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lobby settings

Post by d4ninho on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:14 pm

I have a question regarding the race settings for this series.

Having seen that pitting can be random and you never know if your going to get the right tyres or the right pressures, why have you gone for x3 tyre wear meaning probably 2 pit stops per race, your increasing the series being ruined by random pit stops.

I dont understand increasing x3 tyre wear?

Mech failures is off so randomness doesnt ruin races yet making us make more pit stops will increase random tyres and will ruin races.

Part of longer races is managing tyres so forcing stops makes no sense.
d4ninho
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:40 pm

I agree with Dan, just done a simulation of 40 laps and needed to pit 3 times I.e. 4 sets of tyres. Did get the tyres I ordered but it was a private lobby.
micko39
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Through the testing we have done, we have found a good balance between speed and consistency needed in the driving. With Real and x2 tyre wear, the races were only ever going to be a 1 stop race for everyone.

In the first 200k series, we enforced a 1 stop rule for everyone as we knew the tyres would last longer than the 200k and for most GT3 cars, there was going to be a good chance to run the whole race on 1 tank. So we enforced a 1 stop rule where everyone HAD to chance tyres at least.

Now yes I do admit there are some races where you may need to change tyres more often. There was at least 1 track where 1 got the car to do the race on 1 stop, 1 track I needed 3. Plus I didn't get the same result in different cars. Also have you tried the GT3 cars on different tyres? Tried the softs, mediums or hard tyres?

So I conclusion, the x3 tyres WILL spice things up. Rather than 1 person running off into the distance, flat out every lap until their pitstop and then continuing until the end.

Lastly, with random pitstop problems, doesn't that happen in real racing? For instance, Riccardo in Monaco? (I still LOL at that Smile)

Might create some interesting results...

Race Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Wedneaday's "fun" race at Sonoma was a good example of winning a race with tire management. Wet tires are notorious for excess heat and wear. I made myself under drive the car, minding wheelspin, steering and braking inputs. It felt terribly slow, however after a few laps, others started crying about tire temps, and fell by the wayside. I continued on at an easy pace, and the rear tires never went above 205. The fronts could have used some heat, actually. A little extra PSI, some patience, and the win was mine!
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL aidtheace on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:41 pm

I've never had this glitch anyway. And I've never struggled looking after tyres. Plus this givea us an opportunity to do something different to every other racing league. Real tyre wear would be okay. If the races were 200 laps long not 200know.
DSRL aidtheace
Five Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:57 am

Dan, Micko, I have done a run in the Z4 around Nurburgring on the sifts. Ran 12 laps at a good consistent speed. Lap 13 was when the laptimes started dropping off and then really needed them by the end of lap 15. Putting me right in a 2 stop window.

I think you may need to take a look at your setup or driving style. What laptimes were you doing in your runs?

Race Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:47 pm

I feel I've never had the pit bug in many months. If you set up 1 correct pit strategy during qualifying and don't edit it when you pit, it works fine. Even in the Ginettas I set a strategy with correct pressures, but set it to "no fuel" and "no tires". This way if there is damage I can pit and leave with the right pressures.
Hurt MaGurt
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL aidtheace on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:52 am

Hurt MaGurt wrote:I feel I've never had the pit bug in many months. If you set up 1 correct pit strategy during qualifying and don't edit it when you pit, it works fine. Even in the Ginettas I set a strategy with correct pressures, but set it to "no fuel" and "no tires". This way if there is damage I can pit and leave with the right pressures.

Bang on. I do the same. I only ever use one.
DSRL aidtheace
Five Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:19 am

aidtheace wrote:
Hurt MaGurt wrote:I feel I've never had the pit bug in many months. If you set up 1 correct pit strategy during qualifying and don't edit it when you pit, it works fine. Even in the Ginettas I set a strategy with correct pressures, but set it to "no fuel" and "no tires". This way if there is damage I can pit and leave with the right pressures.

Bang on. I do the same. I only ever use one.

Even with multiple strategies, as long as pressures and compounds are set, I have not had problems. Bug seems to show up when trying to edit "Current Pit Strategy" during a race. I prepare for damage only, tires only, wet tires only, and two fuel only strategies. I select "Damage Only" in Quali and select another, if needed, during the race.
Rebel Whitey
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top