by EpilepticToast Today at 2:58 pm

» GT3 World Tour Information
by Zarf Today at 11:58 am

» Seeding Runs
by Zarf Today at 11:57 am

» Seeding Runs
by Zarf Today at 11:10 am

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff
DSRL Twitter

Racing rules and Etiquette

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Racing rules and Etiquette

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:57 am

Qualification and blue flags:
- In a qualifying session, a driver who’s isn’t on a fast timed lap must always move over off the racing line to any fast driver on a timed lap. Always be aware that there other drivers on track also trying to set a faster lap.
- When a driver goes off track, he must insure a safe return to track without causing any collisions with any other driver.

Single class racing:
- When a leading car is approaching, any lapped cars should give way to faster cars within 3 corners. If this is ignored, then a penalty will be issued.

Multi-class racing:
- In a multi-class race, the slower class has no obligation to give way to the faster class. It is the responsibility of the faster class to find a safe place to overtake without slowing down the slower class. Any slower class drivers should remain on the racing line and the faster class car must find there way past safely.

Racing etiquette:
- No blocking, dive bombing,or swerving to block in the braking zones. Any of these could be reported and a penalty be issued.
- When you hit accidentally crash into another driver, it is your responsibility to give the position back. Failure to do this will result in a time penalty at the end of the race to drop you behind the driver you hit or a sufficient penalty will be adjudged by the stewards.
- When you cut a corner or run wide, you must safety return to track without gaining an advantage or hitting any other driver.

Safety car:
- The safety is called if 4 cars or more is implicated in an accident. All drivers must be aware of this and be ready for this call at any point. Contact under the safety car will be your own fault if you dont slow down.
- Drivers must slow down to that of the car in front, The leader will dictate the pace of between 50-80 MPH.
- The safety car period will last no longer than 2 laps to allow damaged cars to recover and go to the pits and rejoin at the back of the pack.
- Do not pass under safety car. (Unless you’ve been instructed to) If you do, you have until the end of the safety car period to give the position back before being penalised.
- The cars must remain in a single file order with NO OVERLAPPING!
- There will be only a maximum of 2 safety car periods per race

Formation laps:
- For a formation lap, all drivers must remain on the grid when the lights go out. No driver is to move for 5 seconds. Then the leader will lead off in a 1 by 1 formation line around the lap.
- When the grid is not in the correct order, the host will read out the racing order that drivers must follow. So listen out for your position.
- The speed of the pack must not exceed 80mph.
- Once near the end of the lap, drivers must form up in a two by two formation read for the start.
- The lead driver must not exceed 60mph and can then start the race by calling "Green Green Green!" Or "Go Go Go".

DNF, DNS and DSC.
- If a driver Disconnects from the race (DSC), Did Not Start (DNS), or Did Not Finish (DNF), they must start the next race from the back of the gird.
- If the net race is reverse gird, regardless you will still start at the back of the grid.

Penalties:
- If you wish to report an incident, please record a clip by saying “Xbox Record That” by Kinect, or by hitting the guide twice and pressing “X”.
- To report an incident without a clip, explain to the stewards the exact moment of the incident and the drivers involved.
- All incidents will be reviewed after the race.
- Incidents will only be reviewed three days after the race. Any reported incidents after those three days will not be reviewed.
- All reported incidents must be must be done privately.
- If a reported incident has been deemed illegal to the racing rules, the driver responsible will be given a warning strike. Any future offence in the series will be penalise accordingly. (time penalty or points penalty)
- All penalties and offences will now be carried over from series to series. Multiple offences will results in a race(s) ban if one's behaviour isn't corrected.

Communication:
- ALL drivers racing in any DSRL Championship must have a working microphone for communication in the race sessions.
- ALL drivers must be able to speak English.

Last edited by RD Infern0 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing rules and Etiquette

Post by Lemarrrrrr on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:27 pm

As I've been unfortunate to get involved in other people's offs I thought this might be helpful.

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/extras/Flags/flags.php
Lemarrrrrr
Pro-Am Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:59 am

as there will be at least one series running a reverse grid race, can we confirm how the reverse grid is going to be formed.

reverse of actual race finishers, then those that DNF'd then late entries at the back?

(in the interests of making it clear and fair, not just because I'll be the last finisher!)

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Gixer916er wrote:as there will be at least one series running a reverse grid race, can we confirm how the reverse grid is going to be formed.

reverse of actual race finishers, then those that DNF'd then late entries at the back?

(in the interests of making it clear and fair, not just because I'll be the last finisher!)

Hello mate.
Thanks for your concerns raised.
I have updated the whole sheet above with new rules and given all current rules a general once over.
Hope this helps.
Aid.
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Hey, is there 7 days to do the whole rally ? Might seem a bit silly, but then again, so am I lol

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:23 pm

o0Woodman0o wrote:Hey, is there 7 days to do the whole rally ? Might seem a bit silly, but then again, so am I lol

yes you have 7 whole days to complete the 12 stages man, with save points at each service area if you need an extended break Smile

DSRL Rally Championship Coordinator
DSRL RC: S3 Champion
DSRL RC: S2 Champion
GT3 Endurance (Division 1) Champion  
DSRL RC: S1 (FWD Class) Champion
Formula Gulf Champion
Global GT1 (Division 1) Champion

EpilepticToast
Six Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PraiseTHC420 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:10 am

Looking to sign up for the GT3 series but don't know where to do so

PraiseTHC420
Rookie Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 am

Hello mate, you can find all the information HERE.

You can also register HERE.

And you will need to complete a seeding run as stated HERE.

If you read through each page carefully you will find all the information you need.
If you need to ask any questions please ask Smile
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PraiseTHC420 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 pm

I just finished registering and I hope to see u all on track

PraiseTHC420
Rookie Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PraiseTHC420 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:03 am

When reading the lobby settings for the GT3 series and it says "all players in identical cars: yes". My question is does this mean we will be in the same car as whoever is running the lobby

PraiseTHC420
Rookie Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:11 am

@PraiseTHC420 wrote:When reading the lobby settings for the GT3 series and it says "all players in identical cars: yes". My question is does this mean we will be in the same car as whoever is running the lobby

No sorry that setting is wrong buddy. You will all be in your selected cars Smile
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by STaLLiOnO on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Anyone want to Team up? Do Practice Sessions and help out with Tuning... If your interested, my Gamertag is TLP STaLLIOnO

STaLLiOnO
Rookie Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Single class racing:
- When a leading car is approaching, any lapped cars should give way to faster cars within 3 corners. If this is ignored, then a penalty will be issued.

Even F1 isn't like this. Can someone give me a list of drivers that have been penalized for "not moving over"?

-When you hit accidentally crash into another driver, it is your responsibility to give the position back. Failure to do this will result in a time penalty at the end of the race

Actually, it's when you corner cut. Almost no driver will self penalize themselves after a collision. Nor should they. That's the steward's job.

-If a driver...Did Not Finish (DNF), they must start the next race from the back of the gird.

Not in real life. I can see the first two (to prevent quitting) but not the last, which happens in order, and unintentionally, most times.

Who attends the inquiries and and how is the penalty review committee conducted? In a smoke filled room? Do we know who the king makers are? Is there an appeals process?
OctoberDusk06
2017 Indycar World Challenge Champion

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 pm

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:Single class racing:

Even F1 isn't like this. Can someone give me a list of drivers that have been penalized for "not moving over"?

We use this rule like they do in Formula One and other forms of Motorsport.
Blue flags state that:
"Blue Flags warn a driver that he is about to be lapped and to let the faster car overtake. Pass three blue flags without complying and the driver risks being penalised."
This is why we do it through 3 corners instead as in real life they would have passed three marshall's posts by this point in which they must adhere to the blue flags.

This rule can also be found in the F1 2017 Sporting Regulations.

The link below states:
"20 seconds were added to Timo Glock’s final race time for ignoring blue flags.
Sporting regulations state that drivers can pass a maximum of three blue flag stations before being penalised"

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/237861/glock-penalised-for-ignoring-blue-flags/

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:-When you hit accidentally crash into another driver, it is your responsibility to give the position back. Failure to do this will result in a time penalty at the end of the race

Actually, it's when you corner cut. Almost no driver will self penalize themselves after a collision. Nor should they. That's the steward's job.

As the rule states if you do not "Self Penalise" and give the position back, as gentleman would. The driver in question would be hit with a penalty. This being more likely to be worse than you slowing down to let they other driver back past in the race.

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:-If a driver...Did Not Finish (DNF), they must start the next race from the back of the gird.

Not in real life. I can see the first two (to prevent quitting) but not the last, which happens in order, and unintentionally, most times.

This rule has been implemented because if a driver simply gives up on the first race in order to gain the reverse grid pole then this is not a fair on other drivers who still continued, regardless of a bad first race.

@OctoberDusk06 wrote:Who attends the inquiries and and how is the penalty review committee conducted? In a smoke filled room? Do we know who the king makers are? Is there an appeals process?

There is as you may know an admin team. The admins all collectively look at any incidents and judge them fairly. We are not here to be bias towards people and to penalise people unfairly. We are here to make the racing better for everyone concerned.  

Below is the rule for reporting incidents. It will be added here from now on but this is clearly stated in all Championship Threads throughout the site. Meaning when you read the Rules of that particular series, you see this rule again and again. It will be added here too for future reference.

Incidents & corner cutting
Report incidents and/or corner cutting or overly defensive swerving/blocking immediately after the race to the admins.

SAVE THE REPLAY! Or RECORD THE CLIP. We may not be able to see the incident from our perspective.

We are concerned that people during practice sessions are cutting corners too much. Regardless of what other series do, if you see someone outside the white lines, tell them there and then. Anyone found doing this repeatedly/deliberately will be penalised, either in points or by exclusion from the ongoing championship.

DO NOT hesitate about reporting, it will be confidential and will make the racing here cleaner, therefore better and more fun! We may need you to make and upload a clip.

It's the responsibility of the person overtaking to ensure they make a clean pass! If you do hit someone (we appreciate accidents do happen!), make sure you give them the spot back.

If you feel that you were a victim of unsportsmanlike behaviour or intentionally taken of the track. Please present footage of the incident in question to the organisers within 4 days of the end of the event. Any inquiries will be, at best, closed and penalties applied before the next event.[/quote]
TM aidtheace
Five Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:48 am

DSRL aidtheace wrote:
We use this rule like they do in Formula One and other forms of Motorsport.
Blue flags state that:
"Blue Flags warn a driver that he is about to be lapped and to let the faster car overtake. Pass three blue flags without complying and the driver risks being penalised."
This is why we do it through 3 corners instead as in real life they would have passed three marshall's posts by this point in which they must adhere to the blue flags.

This rule can also be found in the F1 2017 Sporting Regulations.

The link below states:
"20 seconds were added to Timo Glock’s final race time for ignoring blue flags.
Sporting regulations state that drivers can pass a maximum of three blue flag stations before being penalised"

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/237861/glock-penalised-for-ignoring-blue-flags/

One driver? In reality, it happens about 1000 times for every one that's considered for penalty. That illustrates how much of a divide between words and reality sometimes can be. So much, in fact, that F1 http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/10/22/blue-flags/ relaxed its blue flag rules last year. It allows an "pre-warning" that goes off a timer. Precisely the reason the blue flag rule is a judgment call as the official F1 Rulebook you cite reads: "driver risks being penalised" not "If this is ignored, then a penalty will be issued" as your rule states. Fact is, blue flag penalties in F1 are more rare than any other because it's simply a judgment call. Another key difference is that the real F1 states it correctly when it says "as soon as another car is caught by another that is about to lap it" instead of yours - "when a leading car is approaching, any lapped cars should give way." I guess my disagreement is more form than substance, but I appreciate the very thoughtful response.

I know I mentioned F1, but http://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/INDYCAR-101/Rulebook/Chp7-AtTrackProcedures is even more liberal:
During the Race, any Car failing to give way within one (1) lap of the display of the blue flag from the starters stand will be penalized.
[quote="OctoberDusk06"]-When you hit accidentally crash into another driver, it is your responsibility to give the position back. Failure to do this will result in a time penalty at the end of the race

DSRL aidtheace wrote:As the rule states if you do not "Self Penalise" and give the position back, as gentleman would. The driver in question would be hit with a penalty. This being more likely to be worse than you slowing down to let they other driver back past in the race.

I know what the rule here states, my point was that it never happens in real life racing. Corner cutting? Yes. But just imagine, both drivers on the track thinking it's their fault, saying "no you first."

There is as you may know an admin team. The admins all collectively look at any incidents and judge them fairly. We are not here to be bias towards people and to penalise people unfairly. We are here to make the racing better for everyone concerned.

Ok, so your admin has the final say. My question was more directed at process, like public evidence presentation (w/o any attitude) to argue, then rule on the matter? In any case, I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for the clarification.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:55 pm

There are a number of rules that we have here that we feel are better for the league overall as this is our hobby, rather than professionally. If you ever have any real issues then please don't hesitate to contact either myself or any of the other staff members.

The Dedicated Sim Racing League
DSRL Webbers88
Owner & Director

http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:21 am

@DSRL Webbers88 wrote:There are a number of rules that we have here that we feel are better for the league overall as this is our hobby, rather than professionally. If you ever have any real issues then please don't hesitate to contact either myself or any of the other staff members.

Sorry if this was the wrong area. I always think public debate is good if kept civil.

In any case, thank you for listening. All in all, DSRL is a great site, with a SIM oriented philosophy and even an refreshing open wheel affinity! Thanks for being here in general.
OctoberDusk06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top