I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Ads on iOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ads on iOS

Post by micko39 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm getting an annoying ad pop up every time I try to access the DSRL site -  ads.review.com on my iPad! The ad gives you a spin chance of winning an iPhone etc. but stops me getting on to the site. On my PC (windows 7) I can access the DSRL site no problem. Has anybody else encountered this and or any ideas on how to stop this intrusion?
micko39
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ads on iOS

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi Micko. I believe it is a problem with the mobile version provided by forumotion. I am trying to find out the solution to fix it.

Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Cheers Mate, hope they can come up with something It's most annoying!
micko39
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho on Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:03 pm

i have spoken to forumotion support on this and they have had the problem for at least 3 months.

The ads are put on the pages by an outside company and they clearly are allowing pop ups and i suspect are a part of the money making at forumotion.
looking through the supprt its a problem that they have had over a number of years, it happens then lots of ppl report it then it goes away only to come back a few months later.

A reply from one of the main support forum mods is "sites that pay for ads to be removed do not have this problem" but we are working on it for all sites.

Looks to me like they use it to drum up money then stop it happening when they get enough ppl paying. its about £4.50 per month to have no ads.
d4ninho
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum