I forgot my password

DSRL Support
If you would like to see the ads disappear, have our own domain and improve the overall all look of the DSRL, Click the button below and donate as much or as little as you wish. Many Thanks, The DSRL Staff

Steering Wheels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steering Wheels

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2016 11:23 am

Am currently running with a Thrustmaster 486 which is a cheap one from Argos....but am thinking of upgrading to a Logitech G920, just wondered if any of you guys use this wheel and have any feedback on it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Wheels

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Mon May 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Hey buddy. Yeah I've got a g920 and absolutely love it. Lemarrrrrr has got one aswell. The feedback you get with project cars is amazing. Now I hate to cut out the little guy but if you get one from amazon, like I did, if you have a problem they will sort it straight away. My wheel stopped working last Thursday so I contacted amazon and had a new one the next day.
DSRL Webbers88
Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 on Mon May 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Peter has a very good experience with one of your on line retailers over there just a few days ago. He has a TX, and it was replaced very fast, which is more than I can say for Thrustmaster themselves. Over here, I have had a good experience with New Egg, and of course, Amazon is always a rock solid bet.
OctoberDusk06
Pro-Am Driver

View user profile http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL aidtheace on Mon May 16, 2016 3:01 pm

I only have the Ferrari 458 spider wheel. No FFB but has the bungee cord thing in. So as you turn more the wheel stiffens. I find it brilliant as yes you dont feel the road through your hands but sometime when you do feel that you make tiny corrections that actually you don't need to correct and then end up losing time and wearing the tires out more due to the scrubbing. Either way. If your buying one, Amazon are the guys to get one from.
DSRL aidtheace
Five Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Mon May 16, 2016 3:35 pm

I ran with the Spider for some time and loved it. However, I got a TX for Christmas and once I got used to the FFB it added so much to the overall immersion of the game. The advantage of the non-FFB Spider is that I feel more comfortable being more aggressive with it as there is far less to damage. Not sure I am faster with one or other tbh but when my TX developed a fault (another thing to consider when going the FFB route as opposed to the Spider as there is little to go wrong with the latter) I struggled to get used to the lack of feel of the Spider while I was getting my TX sorted.

My TX was purchased from Stuff-uk.net and within 4 days of reporting the fault they had swapped it with a brand new one. Excellent service Smile I would certainly recommend them and will be using them again in the future.
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt on Mon May 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Ive got the Thrustmaster TX. Got it from Amazon, arrived 2 days after the release of Xbox One. I've used it quite a bit in Forza 5 and 6, Project Cars and a bit of Dirt Rally. I know there are a lot of poor reliability stories out there with the TX but, knock wood, mine is 2 1/2 years old and going strong.
Hurt MaGurt
Race Host

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL aidtheace on Mon May 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Yeah the Spider with no FFB doesnt immerse you in the game as much, but I feel faster on it than my other Thrustmaster RGT FFB wheel that I have for PC. Like you say you can be more aggressive with it as you wont damage anything. I just like the smoothness of it tbh Very Happy
DSRL aidtheace
Five Time Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 17, 2016 10:11 pm

Well got my G920 today. Must admit quite impressed with it, took a bit of getting use to after using a non feedback wheel for the last 13 months, not really changed anything with the force feedback calibration as it goes straight over my head does anyone have any tips on settings especially for the brakes as they seem very stiff and can be difficult to slown the car down.

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL Webbers88 on Wed May 18, 2016 12:15 am

Push hard lol. I found to start I just wasn't braking enough but after a while I got used to how hard to push the pedal.
DSRL Webbers88
Race Director

View user profile http://www.thedsrl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh on Wed May 18, 2016 10:05 am

kewari wrote:Well got my G920 today. Must admit quite impressed with it, took a bit of getting use to after using a non feedback wheel for the last 13 months, not really changed anything with the force feedback calibration as it goes straight over my head does anyone have any tips on settings especially for the brakes as they seem very stiff and can be difficult to slown the car down.
I'll look forward to some further reports on how you are getting on with this wheel. I was tempted to go for it before I was bought a TX as a Christmas gift by the missus.

The settings are very confusing and the names of some of them are not very self-explanatory but there's plenty out there both in written form and on YouTube that delves really deeply into them.

Welcome to FFB World Cool
Hammerpgh
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho on Wed May 18, 2016 5:12 pm

change the brake and clutch pedal in controls and bang, easy to press brake pedal,lol
d4ninho
Pro Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top